Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If you could bring back one Great Redskin...

Veretax

I loved Mike Nelms. As a kid playing backyard football I always tried to act like Nelms and attempt my best kickoff return. One thing I always remember is Nelms would rarely call for a fair catch.

It wasn't until after he left that I learned about what a fair catch was. I had ony begun watching games as a kid, and I just thoughts that what you did. They punt, you catch it and run back. Once he left, I realized that some times, people waive their hands in the air, and nobody tackles them. It was like learning Santa wasn't real. Lame.

It wasn't until after he left that I learned about what a fair catch was. I had ony begun watching games as a kid, and I just thoughts that what you did. They punt, you catch it and run back. Once he left, I realized that some times, people waive their hands in the air, and nobody tackles them. It was like learning Santa wasn't real. Lame.

Exactly. :laugh: Once Nelms left I learned what a fair catch was.

Darrell Green was the first name that popped into my head. We didn't always have the most talented players on defense when Darrell played, but the fact that we could remove the other teams #1 passing option from the gameplan made our D much better than the sum of the parts.

Gary Clark hasn't received enough enough consideration here. He was a leader and inspiration to his teammates as well as one of the toughest receivers to ever play the game.

As much as I miss Sean Taylor and would love to see him back, I'd have to put Ken Houston ahead of him at the safety position. He was just as tough as Sean, but a much better cover safety. Interceptions help the team more than a big hit. (unless it's T.O. getting hit :D )

Archived