Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

UPDATED: JLC: Smith Takes The Job With The Skins (World Famous League Sources Merge)

Larry Brown #43

Z-Man?? Nice....

It's good to see all the pieces falling into place. I hope that the chemistry between the offensive staff will result in better communication and thus more success. A lot of people felt the differing philosophies and divide between Gibbs and Saunders held this offense back for a while. Hopefully that issue will be resolved now..

:applause:

Good post. I absolutely feel that the differences between the philosophy of Gibbs and Saunders held us back.

I will miss Byner too....but I do believe this SENDS A HEAVY MESSAGE to Portis that his lack of effort during Pre-Season WILL NOT BE TOLERATED ANYMORE!! It's interesting to me that Smith and Stump were both Running Back Coach's before they came here.

I don't know if hiring those two coaches means anything related to Portis somehow now being on-alert for more stern coaching...

Shaun Alexander is notorious in Seattle for his softness, even back in 2005 we knocked his butt out of the game because he couldn't handle our physical style of defense nor could he handle Pittsburgh's similar nastiness in the Super Bowl.

Does anyone really fear Maurice Morris either?

And as for Sherman Smith, aside from Eddie George, Chris Brown and Lendale White have been soft and inconsistent throughout their brief careers, is that because of Smith? Hard to say.

Stump Mitchell and Sherman Smith may be tougher on Portis, I'm not gonna rule it out, but the running backs they've coached directly don't exactly give off the hardcore mentality or reputation.

For those complaining about the headline being misleading...I didn't write it, it's the official WP headline. I think what they are trying to say is as soon as Smith has a chance to inform Jeff Fisher that he's leaving, he'll be on his way here. So I don't think the headline is really misleading anyway. This would have happened yesterday, but Fisher was unavailable.

For those complaining about the headline being misleading...I didn't write it, it's the official WP headline. I think what they are trying to say is as soon as Smith has a chance to inform Jeff Fisher that he's leaving, he'll be on his way here. So I don't think the headline is really misleading anyway. This would have happened yesterday, but Fisher was unavailable.

The blog entry's title was better. The quotes do seem to make it obvious that he's made the decision and will officially inform the Redskins today, but the reader can come to their own conclusion, based on the quote presented. We really don't need the writer's or editor's interpretation in the title.

I'm not so sure that I like someone calling coach, Zman because it seems a little unprofessional... But hey, if they're friends then what the hell, they can call each other whatever they want. Kind of like the El call gibbs the Gibber or something. I just hope that Zorn doesn't turn out to be another Norv which is my biggest concern

The blog entry's title was better. The quotes do seem to make it obvious that he's made the decision and will officially inform the Redskins today, but the reader can come to their own conclusion, based on the quote presented. We really don't need the writer's or editor's interpretation in the title.

That's fine...I'm just saying, don't shoot the messenger. I just posted the WP headline as it appeared.

Regardless, I think the difference between this article and the blog is that JLC, Jason Reid, etc. have learned that Smith does intend to accept the position after he informs Fisher, whereas in yesterday's blog, Smith's intentions were still up in the air.

Zorn was referred as "Z-Man" in the video about Zorn and the slip-n-slide, which was posted on here a week ago. In the video, they asked John Olerud (a baseball player) to come in and teach qb's how to slide properly so they don't get hit. In the piece, Olerud refered to Zorn as Z-Man. Apparently, that is what his professional associates all refer to him as.

Zorn was referred as "Z-Man" in the video about Zorn and the slip-n-slide, which was posted on here a week ago. In the video, they asked John Olerud (a baseball player) to come in and teach qb's how to slide properly so they don't get hit. In the piece, Olerud refered to Zorn as Z-Man. Apparently, that is what his professional associates all refer to him as.

Why would he get a first baseman who I never remember sliding to teach the guys how to do it properly? Why not an ex-QB who was a scrambler? All I remember about Olerud was that he wore his batting helmet while playing the field. And that him a Galaragga flirted with .400 for a summer.

That said, JC needs the slip-n-slide drill more than anyone in the league, and I hope to see Brady Anderson or some other washed up Oriole come in and show him what's what.

As for Smith, if Fischer kept him around that long, he must be doing something right.

Archived