Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

UPDATED: JLC: Smith Takes The Job With The Skins (World Famous League Sources Merge)

Larry Brown #43

***UPDATE***

I'm updating this post to reflect the latest info. Smith is in according to Redskins Insider from the WP:

Sherman Smith Takes The Job With The Skins

Sherman Smith Takes The Job With The Skins

Smith just informed the Tennessee Titans he is taking the Redskins' offensive coordinator job, league sources said. Look for an announcement shortly.

Also, league sources say the Titans are very much interested in fired Redskins running backs coach Earnest Byner to work with their running backs, and plan to contact him shortly.

So the Skins' coaching staff is essentially in place.

Z-Man?? Nice....

It's good to see all the pieces falling into place. I hope that the chemistry between the offensive staff will result in better communication and thus more success. A lot of people felt the differing philosophies and divide between Gibbs and Saunders held this offense back for a while. Hopefully that issue will be resolved now..

I love the old geezers JJG brought back to town, but I'm also happy to have a few guys who are looking to move up the chain of command in their coaching careers.

Stump and Smith seem to be extremely excited.

I'll miss watching Byner at Joe's hip on game days, but I'm ready and excited for a new era.

I love the old geezers JJG brought back to town, but I'm also happy to have a few guys who are looking to move up the chain of command in their coaching careers.

Stump and Smith seem to be extremely excited.

I'll miss watching Byner at Joe's hip on game days, but I'm ready and excited for a new era.

I will miss Byner too....but I do believe this SENDS A HEAVY MESSAGE to Portis that his lack of effort during Pre-Season WILL NOT BE TOLERATED ANYMORE!! It's interesting to me that Smith and Stump were both Running Back Coach's before they came here.

Was he the offensive coordinator in Tennessee? If so, didn't their offense kinda suck on the whole? Sure, they had a strong running game, but their passing game sucked. I guess we'll see. I'm excited about Stump, but I guess I'm neutral about Smith. I'm still glad that Bugel's staying though.

Was he the offensive coordinator in Tennessee? If so, didn't their offense kinda suck on the whole? Sure, they had a strong running game, but their passing game sucked. I guess we'll see. I'm excited about Stump, but I guess I'm neutral about Smith. I'm still glad that Bugel's staying though.

If I heard right Smith was the Offense Asst Head Coach. Norm Chow was the OC.

The passing game is Z man's forte. Looks like a great combination along with Stump.

Z man, Sherman and Stump

or

Jim, Smith and Mitchell.

Archived