Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

LaVar Arrington - Anyone?

wholesaledir

loved him when he was here. too injury prone to be a full-time starter. would have to prove he can stay healthy. don't think he is in football shape even if he did try to comeback. i highly doubt he would even pass a physical to be considered being invited to camp. if he made the team, great. if he doesn't, great.

Arrington was a one or 2 PLAY a game guy, usually ran around like a chicken with his head cut off. Could not read plays, could not diagnose schemes. All he had going for him was attitude and the few tackles a game he did make were hard hitting. I will take a 10 takcle a game guy rather than 1 BIG HIT a game guy any day. OVERRATED...

Main man I challenge you to look at Lavar's #'s across the board over his career. #'s like Tackles, Sacks, Forced Fumbles, InT's, Fumble Recoveries, Passes Defensed and tell me how many OLB's you can find that outshined him or put him to shame. Yeah I guess Warrick Holdman knew where to line up. Like I said before its funny how the LB coach who bashed Lavar was fired. A man makes the pro bowl in three different schemes but Greg Williams so called complicate def was too hard to get. Lavar played under Kurt Schottenheimer, Ray Rhodes and MArvin Lewis. Made he probowl with all 3. I guess Williams re invented the wheel. Gimme a break.

Lavar did gripe under Marvin Lewis but he also produced. Marvin Lewis talked about Lavar but tell me this. If Lavar was so uncoachable why was he trying to get him before Lavar went to the Giants? I wanted Greg Williams as coach but Williams and Lavar were at fault with that situation. Funny how LB's coach Dale Lindsay got fired and he was the main one bashing Lavar. I could've bought into Williams and Lindsay bashing Lavar but when they put Warrick Holdman in over Arrington, I knew it was more personal. Stevie Wonder could see Lavar was better than Holdman. Williams was arrogant when the defense was ranked #3 at the time, so that was supposed to make everyone blind to the fact the WLB wasn't making any plays. Putting Holdman in and watching teams purposely run at him pissed me off.

Like I said if Lavar signs an incentive Laden contract, I'd sign him.

Well, this has become a moot point now that Vinny has said emphatically no to LaVar, but I can't answer the question why Lewis wanted him, and I'm not sure he did.

Holdman was chosen over LaVar because LaVar either couldn't follow the scheme or wouldn't.

After watching LaVar fail here his last three years and watching him fail in NY, and then knowing he had a terrible motorcycle accident, what makes anyone think he could help us now? Someone give me some evidence, not just based on the fact that you like LaVar, that he could help us. Any evidence???

Did he show signs of being a good third down pass rusher in NY? Did he show us that here when he was 5 years younger? I think some people are still living off LaVar's college days. To me, it would be the same thing as someone asking if we should give Danny Wuerffle or Trung Candidate another shot.

Hail,

H

Well, this has become a moot point now that Vinny has said emphatically no to LaVar, but I can't answer the question why Lewis wanted him, and I'm not sure he did.

Holdman was chosen over LaVar because LaVar either couldn't follow the scheme or wouldn't.

After watching LaVar fail here his last three years and watching him fail in NY, and then knowing he had a terrible motorcycle accident, what makes anyone think he could help us now? Someone give me some evidence, not just based on the fact that you like LaVar, that he could help us. Any evidence???

Did he show signs of being a good third down pass rusher in NY? Did he show us that here when he was 5 years younger? I think some people are still living off LaVar's college days. To me, it would be the same thing as someone asking if we should give Danny Wuerffle or Trung Candidate another shot.

Hail,

H

If I remember correctly I think it was a Sun Night game or Mon night game. The Giants were playing the Cowbums. He looked pretty good to me before getting hurt. Its all a moot point but your Danny Wuerful and Trung Canidate comparison is crazy to me. Its all good. Also Vinny Cerrato making personnel decisons to me scares me. He obviously has something on Snyder. Hell his track record is terrible and he's judging the talent.

If I remember correctly I think it was a Sun Night game or Mon night game. The Giants were playing the Cowbums. He looked pretty good to me before getting hurt. Its all a moot point but your Danny Wuerful and Trung Canidate comparison is crazy to me. Its all good. Also Vinny Cerrato making personnel decisons to me scares me. He obviously has something on Snyder. Hell his track record is terrible and he's judging the talent.

I won't argue with your assessment of Vinny, but I to me the thought of wanting LaVar is as crazy as wanting Weurffle or Candidate back. Seriously, if LaVar had anything left, he'd find a job playing elsewhere. No one wants to deal with a washed up prima donna who's just too high maintenance, not to mention cannot play.

One game where he looked "pretty good" isn't enough for me (or apparently the Redskins and the other 31 teams in the NFL).

Hail,

H

Well Vinny just said on the Q&A session he is doing on Redskin radio that it isn't going to EVER happen so can we just close ALL Arrington threads now.

Caller: "LaVar is available, do you forsee any circumstance where the Redskins consider bringing him back?"

Cerrato: "No."

'Nuff said...

I won't argue with your assessment of Vinny, but I to me the thought of wanting LaVar is as crazy as wanting Weurffle or Candidate back. Seriously, if LaVar had anything left, he'd find a job playing elsewhere. No one wants to deal with a washed up prima donna who's just too high maintenance, not to mention cannot play.

One game where he looked "pretty good" isn't enough for me (or apparently the Redskins and the other 31 teams in the NFL).

Hail,

H

If you look at some of my previous posts, thats why I said if his contract was incentive laden. The Skins wouldn't lose a penny if he didn't work is all I'm saying. I mean I've seen some guys come through the Skins with less talent and the Skins have given big money and the whole nine yards. I only gave the Giants example because the question was asked about him rushing the passer on 3rd downs in NY.

If you look at some of my previous posts, thats why I said if his contract was incentive laden. The Skins wouldn't lose a penny if he didn't work is all I'm saying. I mean I've seen some guys come through the Skins with less talent and the Skins have given big money and the whole nine yards. I only gave the Giants example because the question was asked about him rushing the passer on 3rd downs in NY.

I wouldn't take LaVar if he gave the Redskins money, I guess that's my point. Based on his performances in the recent past, he offers nothing to this team. Incentives or not, I wouldn't touch him. Even playing for free, his past actions indicate to me that he would be a distraction. We don't need that.

Some fans need to understand the Redskins organization is not a charity. This team gets criticized for the healthy players it signs, it doesn't need to sign washed up unhealthy players at ANY price.

Hail,

H

I wouldn't take LaVar if he gave the Redskins money, I guess that's my point. Based on his performances in the recent past, he offers nothing to this team. Incentives or not, I wouldn't touch him. Even playing for free, his past actions indicate to me that he would be a distraction. We don't need that.

Some fans need to understand the Redskins organization is not a charity. This team gets criticized for the healthy players it signs, it doesn't need to sign washed up unhealthy players at ANY price.

Hail,

H

This team gets crticized for signing healthy bums. Over paying them or wasting away draft picks. Sometimes they do both A la Brandon Lloyd. So is he came into camp with an incentive laden contract and produced you wouldn't want him? Its all good. Thats your take.

Archived