Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

LaVar Arrington - Anyone?

wholesaledir

So is he came into camp with an incentive laden contract and produced you wouldn't want him?

Did you see how much weight he put on at Sean Taylor's funeral? He's not only out of football shape, but out of shape, period.

Then again, he's in football shape in the literal sense... shaped like a football.

There is about a 0.0000000000000000000000000001% chance he'd make any NFL roster after two injuries and a bad accident, plus being almost 30 and way, way out-of-shape. Even a base salary for someone of his seniority would be much better spent on a draft pick or UFA.

And despite the hype, he was not always a fan favorite. I couldn't wait to get rid of his prima donna, selfish, drama queen attitude.
Of course you do realize that this is simply your opinion? It's no where near fact.

Your statement makes me wonder why, when I went to a couple of training camps a few years ago, the majority of the fans there were screaming, lining up and basically just begging him to come to the fence to either sign autographs or just to get a closer pic of him as if there were'nt even any other players on the field. There's a reason for that...he was a fan favorite.

I was also able to attend a couple of games a few years back. One being our home opener against Tampa Bay in 2004...Gibbs return. There were a sea of #56 jerseys in the stadium my man. And I'm not exagerating to make my point any stronger either by saying "a sea". :) It was ridiculous the amount of #56 jerseys that filled that stadium. IMO there was a reason for that...he was a fan favorite.

So, to read your quote that LaVar was not always a fan favorite just makes me think, hmmm, what little window of time are you referring to exactly?

BTW, don't make the mistake to think that I am advocating the return of LaVar Arrington. Although, I will tell you this, he has an acquaintance that lives across the street from me that he visits every so often (family oriented) and let me tell you, he looks to be in pretty good shape to me. I'm not saying that he is in football shape or that he can ever even play again. There just seems to be a lot of people here that come off like they know what kind of shape LaVar is in and that he can never play again. I even saw one quote stating that LaVar had been juicin. Good grief, where did that come from. :doh:

Jansen had an achilles injury, he is still playing. There are a lot of players in the league who had knee injuries who are still playing. If LaVar is done, then he is done. So what? But, what's up with all the fortune tellers who already know that he is done?

Go ahead, let me know what I am missing. :silly:

If he could get into good shape, give him a try, I would love to see him on the field again. Just the other team seeing 56 on the field, they would have their eyes on him and you can bet they would still bring in that TE to try and block him off, 56 beside 99 coming in fast, I don't give a damn who you are, your going to be scared.

The Bi-Monthly "Let's bring back one of the major disappointments from our past" thread. God I wish you guys would give some subjects a rest and stop living in the past. This team needs to go forward, not back. We've been living in the past for the last 4 years. I loved Joe his first time around, but #2 didn't do it for me. He's still the greatest coach in Redskins history, but this bring back Lavar stuff is getting old. Are you guys seriously in love with him or something, because that's all I can think of as to why these threads keep popping up. Sorry to be so harsh, but damn.

Lavar is a much better person now than he was a few years ago, i.e. saying what he said at Taylor's funeral. Reality check this guy has had a great number of problems since getting injured in that game against the Giants in 2004. He was a great linebacker for those few years, he's much older now and probably not even close to game shape. He was amazing when he was here but he would have to make an incredible health comeback to ever play again...

Did you see how much weight he put on at Sean Taylor's funeral? He's not only out of football shape, but out of shape, period.

Then again, he's in football shape in the literal sense... shaped like a football.

There is about a 0.0000000000000000000000000001% chance he'd make any NFL roster after two injuries and a bad accident, plus being almost 30 and way, way out-of-shape. Even a base salary for someone of his seniority would be much better spent on a draft pick or UFA.

To me on Comcast and Taylor's funeral he looked small too me. His suit looked way too big. He looks like he's lost a lot of muscle mass to me.

its funny how all of you talk crap about the guy, when at the time he was here, he was the only one making things happen on the D. I just see how fickle people are, he worked his ass off when we were so bad and yes you all know how bad we were when he was here most of his time here was on a horrid team that sucked and the first time he gets hurt you have Gibbs wanting him gone, so he can save someone, no one likes like Mark bungnail some cash for being over paid and way overrated, but I guess to you guys that throw our ex-players under the bus, that someone like Mark was working his guts out? Just give me a break.

I can go back to playing the cowboys with LA and he was the only one making the tackles and running guys down, damn our D was horrid and he was the only bright spot we had and he worked hard and now you fickle fans throw him under the bus. that just sucks and you know it. You have anyone to blame you blame our great owner and his way of doing things in the shade!

its funny how all of you talk crap about the guy, when at the time he was here, he was the only one making things happen on the D. I just see how fickle people are, he worked his ass off when we were so bad and yes you all know how bad we were when he was here most of his time here was on a horrid team that sucked and the first time he gets hurt you have Gibbs wanting him gone, so he can save someone, no one likes like Mark bungnail some cash for being over paid and way overrated, but I guess to you guys that throw our ex-players under the bus, that someone like Mark was working his guts out? Just give me a break.

I can go back to playing the cowboys with LA and he was the only one making the tackles and running guys down, damn our D was horrid and he was the only bright spot we had and he worked hard and now you fickle fans throw him under the bus. that just sucks and you know it. You have anyone to blame you blame our great owner and his way of doing things in the shade!

Albeit a little "Long in the Tooth," I think you hit the nail on the head....

P.S. - Just ask Troy - "Im Aching" how well Lavar Played when he was here....:cool:

I guess for those that keep "Crying About" the same old topics popping up, you might suggest to the "Mod's & Programmers" to get their Coding Correct w/ respect to the search functions ~ PHP and Mysql isn't rocket science.... Little Joke there! ~ I love this site & all the great information that is provided on a daily basis!....

Post like this is nothing more than blatant spam. Hey I got an idea, we might not resign rock cartwright. How bout we give ole' Trung Canidate a call and see if he wants to return kicks for us. Wait maybe I should've started that as a new thread and started it out by saying, "Before I get blasted for this......."

Sorry to hear about your O.C.D., where you have to read EVERYTHING that is put in front of you...

Now take your pills, and call your shrink...

Mommy still loves you, even though she dates other men....

Archived