Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

LaVar Arrington - Anyone?

wholesaledir

Why would we think LaVar is a solution? Quiet frankly, as a fan that spans three decades, I was always annoyed at him and others from the same era who thought they were always "true" Redskins and tried to give the perception that they were somehow mistreated by the organization - even after Gibbs came back. To me, if you want to compare yourself to "true" Redskins of the past, have some more wins and consistancy behind you. That might carry a little more weight....

I think that ship has sailed.

I am still saddened by what happend with him. I remember how excited I was when he was drafted after watching him play in college. I remember how fun he was to watch play in a Redskin Uniform. Unfortunately we have to add him to the list of players who could have been so much more.

To the OP, the question isn't why not, but why? Why would you want to bring in LaVar Arrington? Just for sentimental reasons? And despite the hype, he was not always a fan favorite. I couldn't wait to get rid of his prima donna, selfish, drama queen attitude. Besides, he couldn't cut it on the Giants when he was healthy what makes anyone think he could actually help our team when he's not healthy?

Seriously, what would LA bring to this team that they cannot get somewhere else? Besides the poor attitude.

The only positive that would come out of it would be to get him and his barely audible useless "analysis" out of the Comcast booth.

Hail,

H

It is extra special to me to see Fred Smoot out there making plays again. I would embrace LA the same way if he could make it back. More importantly, it makes me smile to know that he has found peace with his past and reconciled with his former teammates. Things got ugly towards the end with him and the FO, but he will always be a Redskin to me.

I agree, I would love to see him make a comeback. Yes, even just as a special teams player or a situational guy. I know he left on a bad note, but those days are long gone.

Of course I just don't see him physically being able to get back into football shape. But I think he would be an inspiration to the team.

He will always be a Redskin to me, he definitely made mistakes, on and off the field. But it would be a great feel good story, considering all the speculation about the coaching changes this off season.

if he tries to do it, I'll be rooting for him!

I would love to have him back. Not as much for his skills should he return to form, but for his leadership ability and favoritism. He was a fan-favorite until Gibbs came and Lavar got injured. He was the leader and people just associated with him.

If he would play for cheap and be a team player, and return to form of course, we should take him for depth.

Seriously, what would LA bring to this team that they cannot get somewhere else? Besides the poor attitude.
To play the Devil's Advocate, his attitude on the field was actually one of his best traits. He was a high energy guy whose enthusiasm was contagious as was his swagger.

It's probably too late now, but a year or two ago, he may have been useful as a cheap, 3rd down defensive end. No assignment to blow, no keys to follow. Just throw him in on 3rd and long for Daniels, put his hand on the ground, and tell him to get to the quarterback.

Why would we think LaVar is a solution? Quiet frankly, as a fan that spans three decades, I was always annoyed at him and others from the same era who thought they were always "true" Redskins and tried to give the perception that they were somehow mistreated by the organization - even after Gibbs came back. To me, if you want to compare yourself to "true" Redskins of the past, have some more wins and consistancy behind you. That might carry a little more weight....

:applause: Well said mg! I too and sick of this psuedo "true" Redskins nonsense. Calling a player a "true" or "core" Redskin is the kiss of death today. LaVar never acted or worked like a guy that had "Redskins values," which used to mean something.

Terrible idea to even think about getting this guy back.

Hail,

H

To play the Devil's Advocate, his attitude on the field was actually one of his best traits. He was a high energy guy whose enthusiasm was contagious as was his swagger.

It's probably too late now, but a year or two ago, he may have been useful as a cheap, 3rd down defensive end. No assignment to blow, no keys to follow. Just throw him in on 3rd and long for Daniels, put his hand on the ground, and tell him to get to the quarterback.

Wha, wha, wha?!?!? His attitude on the field? You mean that attitude that criticized Marvin Lewis for using him the way he thought best? Or the one that wouldn't conform to Gregg Williams' defensive schemes? LaVar did not have a good attitude on the field. The guy couldn't keep his job because he wanted to do his own thing all the time and he was constantly beat by the offense because he was out of position.

His best year came under Marvin Lewis and all he did was cry, moan, and groan, and when the next guy came in, he made it clear he didn't want to play in a three point stance. What makes you think he would rush the passer better today than he did 5 years ago when he couldn't do it? He was a wreck on and off the field. (EDIT: Probably a poor choice of words there. I wasn't referring to his actual motorcycle accident, which I'm glad he came out okay).

Hail,

H

Archived