Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC - Smith decision tomorrow

RWJ

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

Smith Decision Tomorrow

From Jason Reid: Just got off the phone again with Tennessee Titans assistant head coach/offense Sherman Smith, who said he will inform the Redskins whether he will accept the offensive coordinator position tomorrow. Smith had planned to inform new head coach Jim Zorn today but was unable to meet with Titans Coach Jeff Fisher. Smith promised Fisher he would speak with him before giving Zorn his decision.

"I'm really excited about the opportunity Z-man has offered to me and I think it could be great," Smith said. "But I have to follow the process. I have been with this man [Fisher] for 13 years and I owe him that much."

By this time tomorrow we'll hopefully be talking about how Zorn got the two assistants that he wanted. I wonder if this will be the coaching core for next season. In other words, I wonder if Zorn will lean on the experience of the current staff to help him and his two new assistants bridge the gap to running a team. And, then, next year, let a lot of the other guys go and bring in more of his people. I guess we'll see.

I don't know. It seems to me that he is having difficulty leaving the Titans organization. I'm certain that he is letting his family help him in the decision making process. Could be that they love living there and have developed too many relationships and might realize that the grass isn't greener on the other side even if more greens will be thrown their way. I won't be surprised if he turns it down.

Archived