Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

An explanation from my source

voicekiller

Every organization employs 'spin'. The Redskins didn't invent not wanting to look bad in public when something untoward or unexpected happens :)

The problem here was the comments to the AP in regards to Spagnuolo after his departure made Steve look tentative and unsure of his abilities, and that was something he and his attorney were not going to let go unchallenged.

Mora Jr. I think used the Redskins from the start as a means of getting Seattle to pony up the commitment to succeed Holmgren. When he was in Atlanta, he mentioned how much he disliked the East and preferred being back in the Pacific Northwest.

Its nice to have connections, thanks for the info VK. That really cleared up some things. Next time you want to spill the beans on some "inside scoop", just tell him that we tied you up and threatened to post a picture of you in a Cowgirls jersey.
if a cowboys jersey even touched my skin it would spontaneously burst into flames

I'm with VK on this after seeing how much attention he is giving this thread. Nobody who is spinning a yarn would take the care to respond to posts like this. It does reek of authenticity. Now... I don't know what VK has posted previously so I had better go back and find out.

People saying they don't buy the spin need to think a little harder. I was aginst the hiring of Fassel and have been bashing Dan for the last 2 weeks, but if you think about it, it makes sense. Dan interviews Zorn and liked him alot, but was most likely worried some about his experience and wanted to interview other candidates, but he didn't want Zorn to get away so he hired him as an OC, knowing that if he couldn't find what he felt was a better candidate he could always go back to Zorn. Much like Jerry Jones did last year with Jason Garrett, but Jones decided to go with Wade Phillips and right now it seems like he wished he would have just went ahead and hired Garrett as the HC. It seems Dan didn't want to make that same mistake. Zorn is a former QB like Garrett with the exception that Zorn started and was more talented than Garrett. I'm glad Dan has someone he is comfortable with.That way maybe we'll have the same HC for a long time.

Hey VK,

You mentioned somewhere the idea of Zorn having been designing his version of the WCO. Do you have information that we will certainly be running a WCO in the coming seasons? Because it's been my belief until now that any WCO talk was speculation until we know that's the side of the bed that Zorn sleeps on. :)

Thanks, again.

Hey VK,

You mentioned somewhere the idea of Zorn having been designing his version of the WCO. Do you have information that we will certainly be running a WCO in the coming seasons? Because it's been my belief until now that any WCO talk was speculation until we know that's the side of the bed that Zorn sleeps on. :)

Thanks, again.

i am pretty sure that is the style Zorn wanted to implement...but i will try and get confirmation as soon as i can.

i am pretty sure that is the style Zorn wanted to implement...but i will try and get confirmation as soon as i can.

Thanks. You've been awesome. I also want to second the notion that the idea of a cowboys jersey spontaneously combusting at the touch of your skin was a nice touch.

Can you confirm whether Zorn is the only candidate who did not sleep in Snyders guest house?

Do we know if any of the coaches left notes for the next candidate that slept over?

:laugh:

Thanks. You've been awesome. I also want to second the notion that the idea of a cowboys jersey spontaneously combusting at the touch of your skin was a nice touch.

Can you confirm whether Zorn is the only candidate who did not sleep in Snyders guest house?

Do we know if any of the coaches left notes for the next candidate that slept over?

:laugh:

I think he did sleep over for the interview but has recently been shopping for a house for him and his family...not sure where he is staying now though

I'm not buying that he always wanted Zorn to be HC but wanted to make sure. We're never going to know the whole story with what went on during this process. The Skins are Danny's baby though and I'm glad he took the time to make sure he was 100% convinced before making the hire.
he always wanted Zorn as a part of the team as soon as he met him, but after going through the interview process realized Zorn was the guy he wanted for the job...from what i heard he and Gibbs talked about Zorn for a long time too...

he always wanted Zorn as a part of the team as soon as he met him, but after going through the interview process realized Zorn was the guy he wanted for the job...from what i heard he and Gibbs talked about Zorn for a long time too...

Seems consistant from what i heard on Redskins Radio shortly after the announcement.

oh my god is that the truth...Dan is like the biggest fan my buddy has ever seen.

OMG what are you talking about!!

Dan is no fan, he is a money grubbing ego-maniac that could care less about winning only making "big splashes" and keeping the money rolling in.:rolleyes:

I have been saying this for a while now people just dont seem to understand

DAN SNYDER WANTS TO WIN MORE THEN ANY DAMN OWNER IN THE LEAGUE GUARANTEED!!

He just happens to go about it the wrong way far too often.

Has anyone ever seen this guy celebrate after a win, or go crazy after a loss..... ironically he would fit PERFECTLY on this message board, and unfortunately, probably suffers from the same emotional rash decision making many of us do as a result.

Thank you for the info voice killer I look forward to you and your friends insight in the future.:cheers:

Zorn is the candidate MOST like Gibbs in this whole process. "Too good to be true," comes to mind and puts a different aspect view on why you'd hire him as OC prior to coach. Zorn you knew you wanted. A coach you didn't. And a coach who balked at Zorn wasn't going to get this job, because Zorn was that good.

OMG what are you talking about!!

Dan is no fan, he is a money grubbing ego-maniac that could care less about winning only making "big splashes" and keeping the money rolling in.:rolleyes:

I have been saying this for a while now people just dont seem to understand

DAN SNYDER WANTS TO WIN MORE THEN ANY DAMN OWNER IN THE LEAGUE GUARANTEED!!

He just happens to go about it the wrong way far too often.

Has anyone ever seen this guy celebrate after a win, or go crazy after a loss..... ironically he would fit PERFECTLY on this message board, and unfortunately, probably suffers from the same emotional rash decision making many of us do as a result.

Thank you for the info voice killer I look forward to you and your friends insight in the future.:cheers:

Dan is that fan from birth who luckily gets to own a team...a fan of the team he grew up with and he is now the owner...how would you do if that was you? I love the fact that he is a superfan...probably comes on here too...lol

Once FA starts i will try to get some more info as things roll along...but now me and my buddy can just go drinking and not have to worry about this search...:D

Zorn is the candidate MOST like Gibbs in this whole process. "Too good to be true," comes to mind and puts a different aspect view on why you'd hire him as OC prior to coach. Zorn you knew you wanted. A coach you didn't. And a coach who balked at Zorn wasn't going to get this job, because Zorn was that good.

Great take, Art. I hadn't thought of it that way.

you hit the nail on the head

Hey all,

Sorry i couldn't give you the news sooner, but here is what happened...

My buddy called me a couple of hours ago to tell me the news, i was at dinner with the wife...i was in shock just like probably everybody else...he told me he was sorry for misleading me last night but he had to because he saw i was posting the information he was telling me on here...he was pretty pissed (yes he comes on here too)

Anyways, This is what he said happened with the whole process...Fassel was a major contender but after much talk with Vinny since the Spags interview Dan didn't really want fassel, from what my buddy told me he said that Dan said it just didn't feel right...he said in the back of his mind Zorn was always the guy but he just wanted to interview others to make sure...Dan said that Zorn reminded him of "a Gibbs" ...that is why he hired him as OC my buddy kind of called it his Garrett hire...He said that Danny really liked Zorn from day 1, and saw him being the HC down the road anyways...but he wanted Zorn really bad and that is why he hired him on the spot for OC during the whole process...to keep him from staying with the Hawks, while he finished the interviews...

That about sums up my talk with my buddy...i laughed when he told me this but he wanted me to tell everyone on extremeskins he was sorry but he had to do what he did last night to me...

:bsflag:

Very believable story... but, yeah right!!

Just my guess but I think part two of the story was Spags. I'm guessing that either one could have ended up with the gig. The only reason it went this way was availability. Dan saw the chance to grab Zorn and hope he could also get Spags but if it were Zorn they had to wait for and Spags could have been pulled away as DC, they might have done it the same way. Not trying to make too much of my theory though. All I'm really saying is that he was trying to get both. Just a general goal of bringing in as much talent as possible.

The main thing though is that it's clear that Zorn impressed from the begining and that's why they went out on a limb to hire him before the HC position was determined. Doesn't seem like it was that much of a leap for Dan to hire him as HC considering how much he obviously liked him from the start.

Archived