Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Power of Prayer

footballhenry

I find that prayer is a beautiful way to calm oneself, and connect with God (that source that you know to be a 'higher power'). The power of prayer is therapeutic in its immediate effect, and certainly brings wonderful blessings for the future. No matter 'who' you are, the Creator of us all hears your worries, complaints, dreams, and desires.....I think most of us believe something of this sort. I think many of you have heard of the Law of Attraction and this is hitting along those lines.

This is just me speaking from personal experience, but I find prayers to be most powerful when spoken from the heart.....in other words, you have to really 'feel' what it is you are praying for, or confessing, etc. Most people pray strictly from the mind, sometimes in a very mundane repetitive manner; as if God didn't hear you the first time ;). From the material I read (spiritual, not dogmatic) coupled with personal experience, praying from the heart really opens oneself up to a deeper connection with God, the Absolute, the Infinite. When you really feel what it is your praying about, you know that your prayers aren't going unanswered. Faith builds upon faith.

I guess my point to this thread is to spread good vibes, and pray from the heart not so much just the mind!!! :applause: :)

~namaste~ :peace1:

First let me say that I totally agree with you and may the Lord bless you.

Second...this thread may not end well, friend.

I wouldn't be surprised if you're right. I don't agree with the original poster but I wouldn't try to slam his thread. Others probably will though.

At my age, I would have to do something dramatic to get fat. I am a little overweight but not fat. Even still, I'd take a beer gut over seemingly talking to myself for the most part. ;)

I think chicks dig the schizo deal more then the beer-gut one. But what do I know, I'm overweight myself. And I talk to myself. Damn, I'm ****ed.

I think chicks dig the schizo deal more then the beer-gut one. But what do I know, I'm overweight myself. And I talk to myself. Damn, I'm ****ed.

Not to mention being a Wizards fan. :silly:

I already got a chick, that's how I got overweight to begin with, go figure. I try to blame her jokingly for trying to fatten me up. :laugh:

HH, and guys don't ? I have cut ties with several women over the years because of insignificant lies.

I find that prayer is a beautiful way to calm oneself, and connect with God (that source that you know to be a 'higher power'). The power of prayer is therapeutic in its immediate effect, and certainly brings wonderful blessings for the future. No matter 'who' you are, the Creator of us all hears your worries, complaints, dreams, and desires.....I think most of us believe something of this sort. I think many of you have heard of the Law of Attraction and this is hitting along those lines.

This is just me speaking from personal experience, but I find prayers to be most powerful when spoken from the heart.....in other words, you have to really 'feel' what it is you are praying for, or confessing, etc. Most people pray strictly from the mind, sometimes in a very mundane repetitive manner; as if God didn't hear you the first time ;). From the material I read (spiritual, not dogmatic) coupled with personal experience, praying from the heart really opens oneself up to a deeper connection with God, the Absolute, the Infinite. When you really feel what it is your praying about, you know that your prayers aren't going unanswered. Faith builds upon faith.

I guess my point to this thread is to spread good vibes, and pray from the heart not so much just the mind!!! :applause: :)

~namaste~ :peace1:

That's the Biblical way of prayer. Righteous prayer comes from faith and is quite powerful.

Maranatha.

Archived