Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Spagnuolo interviewing with Redskins, NY Newsday, interesting NY perspective

Skinsinparadise

This really makes too much sense to actually happen.

Snyder is, how you say, a vindictive man. You think he isn't absolutely appalled that a team like the Giants just won the Superbowl? He hates the other teams in the NFC East and he wants a home playoff game ($$$$$$$$$$).

Danny will go out of his way to stick it to a rival team.

Losing Spags will put a damper on the Giants off-season and cut the honeymoon short.

That's skipping all the other logical reasons to bring Spags aboard.

For Spags, why come to Washington?

1) Strike when the iron is hot, my friend. It's funny how the tide in the NFL can turn. Wasn't Russ Grimm a lock to be a head coach? I don't think he even got an interview this year. Gregg Williams? His stock plummeted. Spags' value can only go down. The Giants won't repeat and his name will be lost alongside Cowher next year. The Redskins are a top franchise in all of sports. We have the history, the finances, and the fans that keep us from ever being an Atlanta. That's enticing for any coach.

2) In a way not picking his staff is a blessing (for him). By not picking his staff he's going to get a bye year. If something doesn't work he can fire Blatche and/or Zorn and bring in his guys and it's not really his fault because he didn't assemble the staff.

3) Lastly, the guy has had pretty good success in the NFC East. He was with Philly for eight years and they were the class of the East for most of that time. He just won the Superbowl with the Giants and, in doing so, had to go into Dallas and knock them out. He's best suited for a gig in the NFC East. Coughlin will get an extension and Garrett will be the guy in Big D. Reid is on shaky ground, but who knows when that will fall apart.

Spags wants to be in the NFC East. Coordinators do not stay hot. By not picking his staff he buys himself one year to get the hang of things.

Not to mention the money will be good and there is talent on this team.

It all falls into place...

so i'll probably wake up to find Fassel as our coach. :(

OH MY BRO!!!! LOL LOL LOL LOL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: that was REALLY Funny!!!

I totally agree

RED06

I knew this was going to happen. I said this in another post. I will show you.

Re: WP: Redskins Will Meet Giants' Spagnuolo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm telling you guys, don't get your hopes up for spags. The Giants are not going to let him go to a divisional Rival.

Rees is going to open the check book on Coughlin and Spags.

Antonio Pierce is all in this guys ear spewing HATE, and telling spags " dont do it "

Its already reports out that people close to him are advising him to wait another year, and wait for a better sitation ( not shure what that means) but never the less, Danny has a bad rep. Fair or Unfair. The media has blown this whole " coaching search " out of porportions. It has made Danny look bad. Its going to be hard to land a quality coach. Its sad.

I like our owner. I think he wants to win just as bad as we do, but he goes about things in a unorthodox way, not WRONG , but unorthodox. That gives him the bad rep.

I realy wish somebody would tell antonio pierce to shut up.

I posted that in another thread yesterday.

The one thing the Giants will never beat the Redskins at is in the check book game. Little Danny will out spend NY if he really wants Spags as the next HC. Simple as that.

Antonio Pierce leads the crowd in "Redskins Suck" chants........how bout that.

I wonder if Pierce is still gonna be beloved around here. Eff him.

Is that really what he said when Newsday quoted "Redskins"? I didn't understand that when I read the text.

I've had no problem w/Pierce until now. That is totally classless if he really found it necessary to smack talk at the podium during the Giants' championship rally. That really changes my perspective on AP.

Dude got his ring and he's now three years removed from Ashburn. It's not like he just got ousted in FA last week.

So STFU AP!

Pierce is a bitter punk. He wanted to stay in DC. I wish we could hae kept him. But,he was treat well while he was here. Moronic salary cap conditions created the conditons where we could not keep him. He's been bitter ever since. Spags named HC would be the obvious conduit healing move in a difficult traumatic year. I pray it happens. On top of the HOF great news and the good feelings about the Redskins,I believe it could re energize Redskins Nation. Despite being the seemingly best choice. At least to someone not involed on the inside. Please don't hire Fossil. A Ravens cast off.

Listening to ESPN NY Radio yesterday they said the chant was the "equivalent" of Redskins Stink........but they couldnt say SUCK on the air.

Its just funny how AP is beloved around here.....sure he got a raw deal...thats fine and dandy....but now he openly dumps on the Skins...... "Hey We Still Love You AP!!!! yaaay.

i'll feel a little bad for the giants fans if we get him. really, i will.

but they've had their glory. it's our turn.

You've got to be kidding. I wouldn't feel bad. It would be sweet if we snagged Spags, then swept the Giants next year. I'd harrass these Giants fans I work with every day. :laugh:

Like I said yesterday only a fool would turn down a opportunity to be a head man in a decent situation, the NY D could go down the drain next season and this situation may not present itself again.

It is what it is

This is exactly my take on the situation. It's obviously SS's choice, but he was a nobody 12 months ago and could easily be an afterthought 12 months from now. All it takes is one or two other coordinators becoming media darlings, Cowher coming out of retirement, and Carroll deciding to make the jump back to the NFL, and Spags is stuck as a DC for several more years.

That is all assuming the Giants don't do what a lot of SB teams do and regress. His stock (and thus his potential pay day) will never be as high as it is after shutting down the "greatest team of all time" in the Super Bowl. If he has true aspirations to become a head coach and has that opportunity, he should take it.

All I got to say is Antonio P. can "suck it"! To bash a team that got him his start in the NFL when no one else would give him a chance, to me that shows that he has no class. I will be the first to admit that I thought Pierce was a product of Gregg's system and that we would stink it up in NY, but he has not, thats a credit to him, and I always remained a fan of AP's, until now! All I got to say is F-off AP!

Is that really what he said when Newsday quoted "Redskins"? I didn't understand that when I read the text.

I've had no problem w/Pierce until now. That is totally classless if he really found it necessary to smack talk at the podium during the Giants' championship rally. That really changes my perspective on AP.

Dude got his ring and he's now three years removed from Ashburn. It's not like he just got ousted in FA last week.

So STFU AP!

I've had a problem with Pierce since day 1 to be honest. I understand that he was blind-sided about not being re-signed. But the Redskins are the only reason the man is in the NFL. Through 3 coaches, we kept him aboard as undrafted free agent and allowed him to back up other very good LBs.

He got his shot in 2004 and played very well and, because of that, struck gold with a big pay day in NY. Now, he has a ring. Why is he bitter again??

I really hope people on this board open their eyes to the fact that he's just a self-absorbed punk who is still pissed off that he didn't get his way. I know he's done well, but have we really had any problems at LB since he left? From what I recall, we've been able to plug in just about anybody at MLB and continue to finish with top-10 Ds for the most part.

You've got to be kidding. I wouldn't feel bad. It would be sweet if we snagged Spags, then swept the Giants next year. I'd harrass these Giants fans I work with every day. :laugh:

We better get Spagnuolo.

The saving grace for me in Giant land is the fact that we might take Spags. No Giant fan has really ran his mouth at me yet, because they're all worried about Spags leaving.

If we hire Fassel instead, I'll never hear the end of it......

Why the **** is Fassel still the front runner? What in the hell has given him this type of Status. I didnt know being fired twice in 4 years looks good on a resume.

Nobody is a front runer until you hear Dany Snyder say it. Don't believe the media bull****. The same media that is bringing up all of this is the same crappy people who bad mouthed #21.

just sit back, drink a couple :cheers: and let's see how the week progresses. I would say the earliest announcement would be this evening rush hour, the latest would be Friday

Why the **** is Fassel still the front runner? What in the hell has given him this type of Status. I didnt know being fired twice in 4 years looks good on a resume.

Don't forget, after that, he ran a Quizno's restaurant in south Jersey. Maybe Danny wants him to help out with FedEx concessions stands?

:silly:

Archived