Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What has happened after each previous Giant SuperBowl Win?(merged)

graffjd

Now we have to hear Giants fans all spring/summer long.

Are you kidding? Now we have to hear about this from Giants fans for the next 40 years! I'm assuming not many Redskins fans thought about that when they lent their support to Eli and co. I just hope Manning decides to suck again before next season.

We'll be lucky to win 6 games next year. :(

Let's face it - all the old certainties/histories regarding the Skins have ended. We had a crummy year when the cicadas came out, we lost to the Pack despite the fact that the incumbent was going to win the election, Gibbs lost a wildcard game (never happened before)....

Yeah, I can't believe how many skins' fans were rooting for the Giants.

Why root for the Pats? After the way Belichick ran the score up on Gibbs I had nothing but hatred for that team. If the Pats had gone 19-0 it would have become conversation overkill for years. All a Giants win did was put them in the three SB ring club. More power to them.

Do the Redskins have the players to reach the Super Bowl and even win it? Yes, if they are healthy throughout the year.

Do the Redskins have all the tools in place? No, we currently have no head coach and if the Redskins go with Spagnuolo or Meeks, it will take a year or two for that system to gain traction. If you want to try and make a run next year, then it has to be Mooch or Fassel.

Could it happen anyway? Of course it could. Strange things happen all the time. I think the Giants just beat the undefeated Patriots. The Ravens won a Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer. The Patriots stopped the unstoppable Rams to win their first.

If a team can make the playoffs, it can all fall into place. The Giants were a 10-6 team but won three road playoff games and carried that momentum to a title. I feel, depending on the coach, that this team could be of 10-6 caliber but there are just too many what ifs in today's game.

In response to the OP: I sure hope history repeats itself!

To the question that has been raised by a few folks, WHy root for the Giants:

For me it was a decision of picking the lesser of 2 evils!

On one hand we had one of our NFCE division rivals, on the other a team that not only beat us but humiliated us, a team that was caught cheating, a team that is so arrogant it reaks, a team that caused me to feel ill after ever victory they recorded this year, a team that was supposed to win it all, a team that in all my football hatred can only be compared to the cowboys.

Seemed like a pretty easy decision to me!

To look at it another way, I wasnt rooting for the Giants as much as I was rooting against the Pats.

Either way, doesnt make me less of a 'Skins fan, I still bleed burgundy and gold!!

Why root for the Pats? After the way Belichick ran the score up on Gibbs I had nothing but hatred for that team. If the Pats had gone 19-0 it would have become conversation overkill for years. All a Giants win did was put them in the three SB ring club. More power to them.

yes but there ring is now ours was long long long ago :(

Those first two times, Joe Gibbs was our coach and Republicans were in the White House. We know Gibbs is gone, and it is not looking good for the Republicans.

:laugh:

Coincidence is just that... coincidence. I rooted for the Vagiants (as much as it pained me) because:

1. It was beautiful to see the cheater, Belichek go down (and leave the field early like a baby)

2. Tom Brady wasn't a smug little ***** after the game.

3. Rodney Harrisson's face (i hate this guy)

4. Perfect season blemished with a SUPER BOWL LOSS to an NFC EAST team after those PATS embarrassed us.

5. Prove a big WR and good D-Line can overcome nearly anything.

6. Proves the Redskins have a great shot next year if they play inspired football.

7. Brings the trophy back to the Light side of the force. No more AFC dominance... I hope.

8. It wasn't the Cowboys or the Eagles.

9. We made it so Shockey couldn't enjoy the win.

Top reasons it sucks

1. It was the Vagiants

2. Eli proved he was good and got a ring before Campbell.

3. Junior Seau got hosed.... again

4. Plaxico got the game winner after talking ****.

5. Tom Coughline isn't that good of a coach

6. Shockey gets to wear the ring anyways

7. Giants fans are already loudmouths, but now it will get bad.

8. John Travolta Got something he wanted. Another win for Scientology.

9. Frank Caliendo was the only pregame show guy that was right... and he always picks against us.

10. Another year that the Skins will play a backseat to "Eli's" Giants.

Root for the Giants? I couldn't stomache that. I'd rather put up with years of the question, "Were they as good as the Patriots?" than the Giants winning it all. The Giants win is just one more acomplishment our rivals have and the Skins don't.

Of course, it could be worse. If you think the Giants fans are ridiculing Redskin fans, imagine how the Cowboy fans are doing. You win the devision, but lose in you first playoff game to the super bowl winner, who you beat in the regular season. I just wish it could have been the Redskins embarrassing them.

Root for the Giants? I couldn't stomache that. I'd rather put up with years of the question, "Were they as good as the Patriots?" than the Giants winning it all. The Giants win is just one more acomplishment our rivals have and the Skins don't.

Of course, it could be worse. If you think the Giants fans are ridiculing Redskin fans, imagine how the Cowboy fans are doing. You win the devision, but lose in you first playoff game to the super bowl winner, who you beat in the regular season. I just wish it could have been the Redskins embarrassing them.

Hey at least the Eagles still don't have a SB win. The Eagles winning their first SB would be awful to witness.

Well if there is any conservation to the Giants winning the super bowl it is this. The previous 2 times the Giants won the super bowl guess who won it the next year? You guessed it....the Skins. I know they have alot going on in the coaching search and all the new coaches but hopefully this will give Skins fans something to hold onto.

Archived