Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN :Mariucci to get interview in Arizona

laythalumber2130

I'll take Mooch no prob since his guys and ties are into our coordinators and new Offensive system. Will Spags be ready since just a coord for a short time though he came from Jim Johnson's great D system in Philly...will SPags let Zorn run the whole O side of the ball?

So getting your defense ranked at #17 in your 1st year gets you a HC job? C'mon man! 17th! Are you really that impressed with him? Again, his defense is ranked..........17th!

:applause: I would rather have Mariucci, I sorry i'm not high on first year OC or DC getting a head coaching job.

So getting your defense ranked at #17 in your 1st year gets you a HC job? C'mon man! 17th! Are you really that impressed with him? Again, his defense is ranked..........17th!

When the Skins and Giants werent on at the same time, id watch( i have sunday ticket) the Giants games, to scout ( FA,Coaches, Trades) and because i live in NY and 90% of my friends are Giants fans. Spags reminds me alot of GW he coaches with alot of passion is very into it and looks like he would be a great HC. I just dont see Fassel leading us for the next 5-10 years, i see that in Spags. Whoever it is though i will support.

Guest sith lord
Steve Mariucci is set to be interviewed at the Super Bowl. They said it will happen right before kickoff. What are the chances Danny Boy parades him out at halftime.

I like Dan Snyder, but that would be totally classless.

Steve Mariucci is set to be interviewed at the Super Bowl. They said it will happen right before kickoff. What are the chances Danny Boy parades him out at halftime.

Hang on...:phone:

Ok.

That was Sanity calling. Said you had to be :insane: to even ask that.

We now have a OC who has never been an OC.

We have a DC that has 21 years experience and has been with the skins for 4 years.

Why would DS want to hire a head coach that was a DC for only a year. Granted he is supppose to be pretty smart, but it would seem like there would be some conflicts between Spags and Blache.

Smart move is to look for a HC that is more offensive minded. Either a Fassel

or Mooch.

You know there is a possability that Spags could be getting an interview as a future concideration for DC.

Remember, Greg B. was on the verge of retirement when he accepted the DC job. Perhaps DS is looking at Spags as a possible replacement for Greg B. when he does retire. Just a thought.

Everyone wanted Gregg as a HC and his defense was ranked 31st last year..........31st. Granted he had GREAT defenses earlier, but as his first year 17th isn't bad with the Giants talent.

Just watched Full Court Press (local Washington, DC - NBC affiliate basketball show) with George Michael, David DuPree, Michael Wilbon, and Tony Kornheiser; James Brown (a DC native) filled in for a recovering Michael Wilbon.

The sentiment among the shows panel is that Steve Mariucci will be the Redskins new coach, with still a slight chance of it being Fassel. Apparently, like Fassel, Mariucci also knows all the coordinators that have already been hired, and can work well with them.

JB said that he thinks that Mariucci can do the job, but doesn’t know if he’s “the best guy for the job.” Added that “I think that anybody who wants the Redskins job right now is someone who’s out of coaching who wants to come back in and take a fat paycheck from Dan Snyder.”

David DuPree thinks that with the recent hiring of coordinators it’s like Snyder is setting it up for the coach to be Mariucci. Added “Snyder interviewed Williams four times…done, Jim Fassel’s been hanging around for three weeks…done. Snyder has to act like he knows what he’s doing, if he goes back to some guy he talked to a month ago it looks like he doesn’t know what he’s doing, and that’s why it has to be Mariucci or some name we don’t know about.”

Kornheiser doesn’t think it’ll be Fassel, saying “That dog doesn’t hunt. That’s not happening.” Said that Fassel’s a tough sell, as is Mariucci, but you can sell Mariucci a lot easier than you can Fassel. Adds that “Whoever comes in and in the first year he goes 10-6 everyone will love him, they’re going to love Dan Snyder, and they’re going to think ‘Thank god we waited for that guy.’”

Just watched Full Court Press (local Washington, DC - NBC affiliate basketball show) with George Michael, David DuPree, Michael Wilbon, and Tony Kornheiser; James Brown (a DC native) filled in for a recovering Michael Wilbon.

The sentiment among the shows panel is that Steve Mariucci will be the Redskins new coach, with still a slight chance of it being Fassel. Apparently, like Fassel, Mariucci also knows all the coordinators that have already been hired, and can work well with them.

JB said that he thinks that Mariucci can do the job, but doesn’t know if he’s “the best guy for the job.” Added that “I think that anybody who wants the Redskins job right now is someone who’s out of coaching who wants to come back in and take a fat paycheck from Dan Snyder.”

David DuPree thinks that with the recent hiring of coordinators it’s like Snyder is setting it up for the coach to be Mariucci. Added “Snyder interviewed Williams four times…done, Jim Fassel’s been hanging around for three weeks…done. Snyder has to act like he knows what he’s doing, if he goes back to some guy he talked to a month ago it looks like he doesn’t know what he’s doing, and that’s why it has to be Mariucci or some name we don’t know about.”

Kornheiser doesn’t think it’ll be Fassel, saying “That dog doesn’t hunt. That’s not happening.” Said that Fassel’s a tough sell, as is Mariucci, but you can sell Mariucci a lot easier than you can Fassel. Adds that “Whoever comes in and in the first year he goes 10-6 everyone will love him, they’re going to love Dan Snyder, and they’re going to think ‘Thank god we waited for that guy.’”

Hopefully this is the case. I just have this horrid feeling that Dannyboy is going to force Fassel on us without any ky.gif

But then again, I felt the same way about Monk and Green with the HoF until today, so who knows! :silly:

Sorry but I really think it is going to be Fassel.

Archived