Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN :Mariucci to get interview in Arizona

laythalumber2130

I find it interesting that he's being interviewed "during" the Super Bowl.

I wonder if Dan rented a special skybox for that.

Snyder didn't even mention it last night in his interview with Kelly Johnson on CSN.But he did talk about interviewing the Giants and Pats assistants after the SB. Unfortunately, I'm starting to think Mooch isn't a serious candidate.:(

We now have a OC who has never been an OC.

We have a DC that has 21 years experience and has been with the skins for 4 years.

Why would DS want to hire a head coach that was a DC for only a year. Granted he is supppose to be pretty smart, but it would seem like there would be some conflicts between Spags and Blache.

Smart move is to look for a HC that is more offensive minded. Either a Fassel

or Mooch.

You know there is a possability that Spags could be getting an interview as a future concideration for DC.

Remember, Greg B. was on the verge of retirement when he accepted the DC job. Perhaps DS is looking at Spags as a possible replacement for Greg B. when he does retire. Just a thought.

When was the last time Dan Snyder did something that was mistaken as smart? :D

Everyone wanted Gregg as a HC and his defense was ranked 31st last year..........31st. Granted he had GREAT defenses earlier, but as his first year 17th isn't bad with the Giants talent.

Not even close! Geez, 1 year he gets a bad ranking (28th by the way, not 31st). His defenses have been ranked in the top 10 for 3 out of 4 years with his 1st year ranked #1 in the NFC and # 2 in the NFL. Don't even go there!

Mooch > Fassel

Spags > Mooch

McDaniels > Mooch

Ron Meeks > Mooch

Marty > Mooch

Marty > Snyder

But Spags and McDaniels better than Mooch? Mooch has coaching experience, and history has told us that a coach's second tenure is much more successful.

And for those of you who scream DETROIT! Name a coach who has been successful in Detroit. I look at SF and look at the cap mess he inherited and the great team he built there and like what I see when looking at that and the skins today.

This job is not fit for someone to get "on the job training" like McDaniels and Spags have to get.

I feel it will be either Mooch or Fassell and feel either one of these candidates could get the job done. In NY Fassell got a raw deal, according to the players who played for him during his tenure. Mooch did well in San Francisco, but didn't get along with the front office. He also didn't get along with Millen in Detroit and of course no one does well in Detroit.

At this point, I would rather have Mooch, because he has a better track record. However, Fassell's NFC East record is very nice. They are both very good with quarterbacks.

Mike Tomlin was a DC for one yeah then HC for the Steelers, he ran 4-3 and when he was hired didn't mess with Juran (sp?) who was the DC at pitt, So who is to say that Spags would clash with Blache.

You mean Dick LeBeau, right?

Because Bruce Arians is their OC and, just like Blanche, is an old school coach who runs his ship the way he wants to run it. This is one of the many reasons the Steelers didn't bring in an offensive minded coach to rock the boat.

Spags would be a horrible hiring, having less experience and less success than Tomlin had as an assistant. Not to mention philosophical differences with Blanche, who was already promised the sun and the moon by Dannyboy to return to the Skins as the DC.

Archived