Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WCP: Article explains Snyders cluelessness and Cerrato's relationship.

playboy1972

What should the punishment be if found GUILTY of perjury and other involvements?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What should the punishment be if found GUILTY of perjury and other involvements?

• Goodell replaced:Belicheat banned:Kraft bought out:Patriots to have 3(4)Lombardy's stripped:
    • Nothing should be done to any party....Keep as status Quo!
    • Belicheat takes punishment as he is responsible as Head Coach!BANNED!(Trophies relinquished)
    • Kraft and Goodell should have to do prison time and Belicheat suspended for 1 year!
    • Maximum penalty: Organization removed and replace!(Trophies given to losers of those SB games)

McKenna also claimed in one of his articles recently that posts on ES that criticize Dan Snyder or generally don't don't sit well with Mods disappear. Even after I pointed out that the posts he made examples of were merged into larger threads, he still clung to his disappeared story. He's a tool and he has an obvious agenda. I wouldn't trust that guy to tell me what day of the week it is.

What do you consider to be an agenda? Doesn't every reporter have an agenda?

agendas aside...you didn't find the financial tie-ins the least bit interesting? I did...independent of whatever conclusions were drawn.

Exactly my point.

I'm saying the man has proven beyond a reasonable doubt to me that he is a hack job artist, SNO. I don't take anything he has to say seriously any more.

Didn't quote all of you, but after reading your, elkabong, and CZ's opinions, I do have to agree there's a hefty bias in the article. It appears my bias/opinion filter just completely skipped it and took in what appeared to be observable or at least obviously check-able (so I doubt it would be a lie).

I believe:

1 - The fans' opinions were largely ignored by the hiring of Cerrato. I don't think it's a big deal, because Snyder is the owner; it's his team. That said, I am not convinced it was understood just how unpopular this move would be. I also don't think it was understood the way the coaching search has gone would be so unpopular. I think those are things that maybe Karl and Vinny need to kind of understand in their positions. It's possible that Karl isn't being given enough info on that; maybe he's left in a reactionary position to the actions of Vinny and Dan, but that's just more speculation.

What doesn't appear to be speculation, is that the goodwill in the aftermath of the Sean Taylor tragedy has been spent very, very quickly. The Redskins were being mentioned as classy, and they had an amazing ending to a season that left fans and players alike in tears. This is all but forgotten very, very quickly; too quickly for many. I think that is a PR disaster by most people's definitions.

2 - From the article, I do believe that Swanson and Cerrato are involved in a failed investment with Snyder. That's the seeming factual thing I took from the article that I personally didn't know before. It's interesting to me to know, and that's about all there is to it. I don't believe that Snyder is influenced about it, per se, but it suggests their relationship is stronger than a typical owner/employee relationship perhaps. Most importantly, it gives a factual/observable basis on our understanding of their relationship, rather than all of the usual jokes and rampant speculation on how strong their relationship is. That is the main thing I took from it.

There was nothing "thin" about it. That's precisely the "wacky" theory he's throwing out there.

You represent the angry fan as well as anyone these days, brother, let me ask you:

Do you think it's credible, or just yellow journalism, 21st century style?

angry or doubting....no one...it appears...is immune to tossing labels around!

be that as it may......as noted...I found the informationm interesting. whether the writer drew the right conclusions or not...I don't know. but it is interesting...and it isn't implausable.

I also find it amusing that folks will go to depths like this to find a new angle on Snyder. I almost feel for Snyder...almost.....in having to waether all the intrusive oversight. but.....as noted...you reap what you sew!

He's writing for the people who want to hear it. You're pissing into the wind if you think you're going to play even a small role in exposing this hack. This crap will only stop when the Redskins start winning.

For what it's worth, you're right.

He doesn't need me to "expose" him, brother. His work does it without any help.

As to the statement about what will take to stop guys like him from making a living off writing this crap, you're dead on.

2 - From the article, I do believe that Swanson and Cerrato are involved in a failed investment with Snyder. That's the seeming factual thing I took from the article that I personally didn't know before. It's interesting to me to know, and that's about all there is to it. I don't believe that Snyder is influenced about it, per se, but it suggests their relationship is stronger than a typical owner/employee relationship perhaps. Most importantly, it gives a factual/observable basis on our understanding of their relationship, rather than all of the usual jokes and rampant speculation on how strong their relationship is. That is the main thing I took from it.

That's the impression I got from the article.

That is true loyalty (Cerrato and Swanson).

If you gave $100,000 to your uncle who works as a fund manager and the value of it dropped to $10,000, you'd have to be nuts to not worry even a little bit.

exactamundo.

FOr all I know..the writer is the hack OM paints him to be. but he has painted a few brushstrokes on the canvass we weren't aware of.

I find it funny more than anything else. but it does make sense...for someone....to start inspecting/tracking how DS's other financial interests are doing.

angry or doubting....no one...it appears...is immune to tossing labels around!

be that as it may......as noted...I found the informationm interesting. whether the writer drew the right conclusions or not...I don't know. but it is interesting...and it isn't implausable.

I also find it amusing that folks will go to depths like this to find a new angle on Snyder. I almost feel for Snyder...almost.....in having to waether all the intrusive oversight. but.....as noted...you reap what you sew!

"Interesting" is one of those subjective words, ain't it? Okay, I"m cool with it: learning that Cerrato and Swanson may be invested in Snyder business interests is "interesting." :)

Suggesting that's why Snyder keeps them around despite the writer's assumption they aren't good at their jobs is, however, laughably irresponsible for someone trying to pass themselves off as a journalist.

He's got an agenda against the Redskins and in particular anything concerning Dan Snyder. I just listed an example where in face of facts, he refused to acknowledge them. Why would you trust his word for anything?

quite frankly....unless I have personal experience...I don't trust anyone's word these days. that is the sorry state we have reached in this age of Ubber Partisanship.

Now, off to watch the ongoing travesty that is the HOF selection process.

Hey McKenna, want to make a difference? Expose the reason Art Monk has been humiliated by a few egotistical sportswriters for so many years.

"Interesting" is one of those subjective words, ain't it? Okay, I"m cool with it: learning that Cerrato and Swanson may be invested in Snyder business interests is "interesting." :)

Suggesting that's why Snyder keeps them around despite the writer's assumption they aren't good at their jobs is, however, laughably irresponsible for someone trying to pass themselves off as a journalist.

look...the reader is free to follow the logic and decide if he agrees or not. in my own mind, even I, who am no big fan of DS, understand that the relationship is more complicated than what the writer lays out.

and, yes, it was an interesting set of details about interpersonal connections/dependencies we did not know about .

look...the reader is free to follow the logic and decide if he agrees or not. in my own mind, even I, who am no big fan of DS, understand that the relationship is more complicated than what the writer lays out.

and, yes, it was an interesting set of details about interpersonal connections/dependencies we did not know about .

Unfortunately there are quite a few people not as intelligent and discerning as yourself and will take this as fact and run with it. Without legitimate sources and facts, its irresponsible and unfair.

If the facts are true then the story has more than enough merit to

stand on it's own. I have not heard anyone say that the facts

presented were not true...that in itself says a lot. If you cannot

counter with facts then counter with "but he has an agenda"

So basically, the article says Dan didn't do what the fans wanted, and that means the organization is a joke. The article didn't bother breaking down the decisions and analyzing them, didn't even come close to doing that. So, IMO, this article was just a fluff hit-piece for disgruntled fans to nod their head to. And just like the disgruntled fans, the only reason the article has for exactly why the process has been a joke is Dan didn't do what the fans wanted. Boo-hoo.

:applause:

Indeed.

If the facts are true then the story has more than enough merit to

stand on it's own. I have not heard anyone say that the facts

presented were not true...that in itself says a lot. If you cannot

counter with facts then counter with "but he has an agenda"

He does have an agenda. His past work has confirmed it many times over.

That said, what exactly do the "facts" you gleaned from his piece suggest to you?

Those familiar with McKenna's history vis a vis the Redskins simply roll their eyes.

Those new to Mr. McKenna's work, the following phrase should probably tell you all need to know about his professionalism and credibility as an objective observer:

Add to that chooses this trollspeak as justification for his position:

... and choose to take anything else the man "reports" seriously if you wish.

I had the over/under of posts it would take for the stormtroopers to show up at 15. I guess I sold you short.

Well if that article wasnt full of bias and hatred...

He almost had a valid point, if it wasnt so obvious why he was making the point. That aside, I do find it fascinating that we have the only GM in the league(at least as far as ive ever heard) thats actually in an outside business with the owner.

Archived