Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins to not offer Mooch Job--Fassell likely choice per John C

Ji

File this under the heading: Not a damned bit surprised

His team his rules...fine whatever Dan. You want Fassel you got him...just hope it all works out.

"I think all this time has been used for us fans to calm down , make it look like we are really looking at other people and at the end of the day still say Fassel is the best man for the job . we are hearing about his former players giving him the seal , then larry if u notice always says about him being a good coach , i think people are trying to do damage control , i could be wrong but thats what i was thinking" ---jsteelz

A bit cynical...but I can't disagree with you.

Well I hate to break it to you he would have been the coach if Gibbs didn't come back :)

On the bright side if Fassel had been hired 4 years ago we could possibly now be telling him goodbye.

Oh well life goes on...hopefully the H-O-F vote goes well to take our minds off of this crap.

On the bright side if Fassel had been hired 4 years ago we could possibly now be telling him goodbye.

Oh well life goes on...hopefully the H-O-F vote goes well to take our minds off of this crap.

This is not the kind of news that makes me feel confident about the HoF.. Maybe the voters will feel sorry for us?

Well, if true I'm not too happy about this. However, I'm aware that my opinion means exactly, as Jim Mora Sr. would put it, 'diddly poo'. So as a Redskin fan I'll continue to support the team regardless and temper my expectations accordingly.

Sigh.

I was really hoping for Meeks I think we would be the best candidate. Fassel Was fired as an O coordinator and now he gets a job as a HC. Mooch went to the playoffs 4 out of 6 years in SF and we all know that no one can win in Detroit. I would rather have those two than Fassel

This is not the kind of news that makes me feel confident about the HoF.. Maybe the voters will feel sorry for us?

That makes two of us.

DAMN IT! How can 2 people do so much to screw up one organization in such a short time?

Bottom line is this the win/loss record shows that things are broke and they need to be fixed badly and these two morons are not the guys to do it!

I will not be burying my team merchandise or anything like that but I do not like the way Snyderatto carries out their stewardship of this franchise.

I just don't think Fossil is the guy to take us to the next level. I always considered him a mediocre at best head coach. I can envision player introductions at the game and when they announce the head coach "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

I hope it's not so but needless to say I'll follow my beloved Skins with much lowered expectations this coming year.

If that happens, THEN we WILL be the laughingstock of the NFL.. Our reputation as a fan base will take a tremendous hit..

pixel.gif

pixel.gifleft_corner_player_news.gifWAS.gifRedskins Offense-TM-RedskinsFeb. 1 - 8:22 pm et right_corner_player_news.gifpixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gifESPN's John Clayton reports the Redskins are not expected to offer Steve Mariucci their head coaching job.

Clayton says the Redskins spoke with Mooch late this week, but it appears that may have just been to please the fan base. Clayton fully expects Jim Fassel to be named to the position next week, although owner Dan Snyder still has to interview Giants defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo.

Source: ESPN Insider

if this is true let is be so, the pats are feeling the same when beilichick was introduced the first time to be their HC

If they didn't like the meltdown two weeks ago when the name "Dweezil" was first mentioned, they are NOT going to like the full-out mushroom cloud that will develop IF/WHEN they announce him as "the choice!"

I was angry before. I will be LIVID if this comes true!

ANYBODY **BUT** Dweezil!!

Archived