Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins to not offer Mooch Job--Fassell likely choice per John C

Ji

Well, I hope Dan can find someone to buy my seats. He can keep the deposit. I also will not be buying any more Skins gear. What a ******* *******. I may just have to remove myself from here for quite a while if this happens.

If Art & Darrell get into the H-O-F I will probably try to make the road-trip...after that...I agree with you about the Skins gear...I have told my family & friends if Fassel got the job...no more Skins gear and don't even think of getting me a ticket to a game anytime soon.

Capt Rich Fla was right if this was Snyder's hand-picked guy the interviews were a sham.

Well, at least people won't be accusing Snyder of making big moves to appease the fan base with this one. :)

As I said before, I seem to be one of the few who actually likes the move.

Jason

Maybe because you like ANY move this team makes?

I really don't get all of the Fassel hate around here...He has a winning record against all the NFC east teams, He has a winning record overall, he's been named coach of the yr twice, and he's taken a team to the Super Bowl...So he got fired as OC in Baltimore, so what...Every OC in Baltimore got fired then eventually Billick...So tell me how exactly is he a bad coach?

Well, I hope Dan can find someone to buy my seats. He can keep the deposit. I also will not be buying any more Skins gear. What a ******* *******. I may just have to remove myself from here for quite a while if this happens.

Yaeh!:mad: What ever ******* ******* means. I'm sure it aint good.:mad:

If Art & Darrell get into the H-O-F I will probably try to make the road-trip...after that...I agree with you about the Skins gear...I have told my family & friends if Fassel got the job...no more Skins gear and don't even think of getting me a ticket to a game anytime soon.

Capt Rich Fla was right if this was Snyder's hand-picked guy the interviews were a sham.

Completely agree.

The only way to hurt Snyder is to hit his bottom line. I never used to agree with taking anything out on him, but I think this is my breaking point. We are grabbing a retread coach WHO NO ONE IN THE LEAGUE WANTED and making him our head coach. We may as well flush all of Gibbs work down the crapper. I hope Danny and Fassel can purge all of their freaking body thetans together.

Maybe because you like ANY move this team makes?

Not true. I've been neutral to a lot of them and negative on a few more. I often have a wait-and-see attitude for a good many moves.

I'm just amazed that a coach that has had far more success than any of our coaches the past 10 years is considered such a negative. :whoknows:

Jason

I have mixed feelings. On the one hand, it's Jim freakin' Fassell.

On the other hand, what if the unpopular Fassell hiring turns the city against the team, and the players galvanize (like they did last year around ST) around the "us vs. the world" mentality, or "nobody believed but us" mentality that is so powerful in football and have another successful season? Or better yet, what if his success in leading the Giants to perennial over-achievement was no fluke and...he....is...actually.....a...good.........coach?!?!

I really don't get all of the Fassel hate around here...He has a winning record against all the NFC east teams, He has a winning record overall, he's been named coach of the yr twice, and he's taken a team to the Super Bowl...So he got fired as OC in Baltimore, so what...Every OC in Baltimore got fired then eventually Billick...So tell me how exactly is he a bad coach?

He got fired mid-season in Baltimore, which is always a very, very bad sign. His last year in NY, he fielded one of the worst teams in memory, and his players quit on him. We almost hired Fassel back in 2004, and even then, no one thought it was a good idea. What has he done since then? Well, he got fired from Baltimore and opened up a Quizno's in south Jersey. I am not making this up.

Not true. I've been neutral to a lot of them and negative on a few more. I often have a wait-and-see attitude for a good many moves.

I'm just amazed that a coach that has had far more success than any of our coaches the past 10 years is considered such a negative. :whoknows:

Jason

Yeah, ole Jim's Super Bowl ring collection is far larger than Gibbs.

Fassel has 2 playoff wins I believe, both in the same season (where they went to the Super Bowl and were routed by the Ravens). A .522 winning percentage. 3 winning seasons, 3 losing seasons, and 1 .500 year.

Man, why isn't VERY team knocking down this guys door???

And thus the back-lash machine purrs to life once again.

Yea, I was enjoying the excitement of the interviewing process and hanging on news about who the next candidate would be. It was a nice deterrent from the backlash.

But, "it is what it is" and time to support the team.

Well, at least people won't be accusing Snyder of making big moves to appease the fan base with this one. :)

As I said before, I seem to be one of the few who actually likes the move.

Jason

If I didn't know you from around here I'd swear you we're a cowboys fan. :mad: I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that. I know you. We may havn't talked, but I know you. I personally am so upset over this I could :puke: !

Russ? Mooch? Why did you guys forsake us? We need one of you. We have been eating this :pooh: sandwitch for too long and asking for seconds.:cry:

He got fired mid-season in Baltimore, which is always a very, very bad sign.

Not necessarily. If I remember correctly, Billick was taking some heat and needed a scapegoat. It's not like the Ravens have fared any better on offense since then.

His last year in NY, he fielded one of the worst teams in memory, and his players quit on him. We almost hired Fassel back in 2004, and even then, no one thought it was a good idea. What has he done since then? Well, he got fired from Baltimore and opened up a Quizno's in south Jersey. I am not making this up.

They did quit on him but they were also just a very bad team. QB Kerry Collins, age 35 or something? Even so, he had been there for 7 years at that point? That can happen, and give him credit: not many coaches even last that long.

I hate having to talk myself into this.

If Fassel is ended up being hired, Snyder will look really bad in the process and for wasting the time of meeks, spagnuolo and marcucci. Would teams ever trust Snyder for this type of behavior

I am concerned about the players trusting Snyder again...with all that has gone on...I wonder how many would be willing to redo their contracts this time?

Jason

but that's the problem...most of us remember those Fassel teams...and they were nothing spectacular. the SB team some point to as proof of capability? they were not all that good....when it came down to the wire they played a whole slew of weak teams...including in the playoffs. they were exposed in the SB as inept. That's what I want....a coach who can't ready his players for the biggest game of their lives. they didn't lose that game - they were embarassed. just as Art mentioned earlier today...Fassel represents more of the same...win...lose.....win. there's nothing outstanding about him...in polite quarters...what Snyderatto is doing is called "settling".....

HELOOOOOOO BACKLASH! ANARCHY! ANARCHY!:mad:

Sounds like we're getting ready to storm the palace....I live less than half-a-mile from a farming supply store and a Lowe's so put me down for the pitchforks if you all will take care of getting the torches ready we might be able to make the 2:30 Sportscenter.

Not necessarily. If I remember correctly, Billick was taking some heat and needed a scapegoat. It's not like the Ravens have fared any better on offense since then.

I hate having to talk myself into this.

The Ravens went on a long winning streak once they jettisoned Fassel. They had no QB this last season and paid a price.

Archived