Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

POLL: Now that GW is eliminated, who do you want as HC?

MikeB

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I've been waiting for an article on Fassel that gives some insight in to his character. We see Mooch every day on the NFL network and tend to know him a little better because of that.

Here's an interesting Fassel article in today's WT.

http://washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080201/SPORTS01/13418372/1005/SPORTS

"He was a great coach for us," Toomer said. "He really let us kind of take the team and make it ours, which I thought was good for that group. He was a coach that was very organized and very prepared."

"A great coach," Mike Pope said. "The thing I remember about Jim is that he hired you to coach your position, and he didn't over-coach you if he liked your philosophy and your approach to the players. He gave you the job and respected you to do it."

"I don't have any problem with his coaching style — I loved the innovation of his offense," Brian Mitchell said. "He wouldn't be a bad coach."

"He was a great coach for us," Toomer said. "He really let us kind of take the team and make it ours, which I thought was good for that group. He was a coach that was very organized and very prepared."

"A great coach," Mike Pope said. "The thing I remember about Jim is that he hired you to coach your position, and he didn't over-coach you if he liked your philosophy and your approach to the players. He gave you the job and respected you to do it."

"I don't have any problem with his coaching style — I loved the innovation of his offense," Brian Mitchell said. "He wouldn't be a bad coach."

So now B Mitch and Toomer's recommendations are supposed to make us feel good about him?!?! :doh:

For me, Mooch of the outside candidates we know about.

Grimm or Bugel are feel good options and we'll not see either I suspect.

My most off the wall candidate who could work would be Les Miles as I believe the Redskins would WELL respond to a coach with huge, incredibly solid brass balls :).

My most off the wall candidate who could work would be Les Miles as I believe the Redskins would WELL respond to a coach with huge, incredibly solid brass balls :).

Now Les Miles is an interesting prospect. He's signed through 2012 with LSU.

What generally happens with a college coach's contract when he leaves for the NFL?

Mooch, Grimm, and still waiting for Cowher would be great.

I'll be happy with any of those 3!

Spag, I don't get it........he's a giant!:gaintsuck

Fassel.........................he's a giant!:gaintsuck

Mcdaniels....................not leaving, Brady, Moss and the Great Billy!

Mooch and Cowher would bring media respect, that we don't get. Not that I really care what they think, but alot of tha jokes and digs would stop!

Grimm and the HOF just would be "REDSKIN COOL"!:point2sky

I voted for Fassel. I think he's done more with less in his career then Mooch. Mooch was such a dissapointment to me in Detroit. I guess anyone would be. Fassel has at least been to a Super Bowl. Of course he did lose a crazy playoff game to Mooch where San Fran come back and won -- despite the Giants missing a lost second field goal.

I kind of always remember Fassel's "I'm cashing in my chips are you in or are you out." That's the kind of moxey we have not had in Washington probably since, maybe Marty.

I want Fassel also. As long as we are approaching this with a sense of humor...I want to laugh my arse off every weekend Reid, Coughlin and even Phillips eat his lunch! It would be great sport!

Mooch, Grimm, and still waiting for Cowher would be great.

I'll be happy with any of those 3!

Spag, I don't get it........he's a giant!:gaintsuck

Fassel.........................he's a giant!:gaintsuck

Mcdaniels....................not leaving, Brady, Moss and the Great Billy!

Mooch and Cowher would bring media respect, that we don't get. Not that I really care what they think, but alot of tha jokes and digs would stop!

Grimm and the HOF just would be "REDSKIN COOL"!:point2sky

I agree man...no rivals coming in to coach us!

I initially voted for Spags, and I still think that would be a good hire; but the more I research Mariucci, the more I like this guy.

These stats may have already been posted, if so sorry:

49ers record with Mooch

1997 - 13-3

1998 - 12-4

1999 - 4-12

2000 - 6-10

2001 - 12-4

2002 - 10-6

Playoffs - 3-4 in 4 trips.

The 1999 season started 3-1 when Young got injured and eventually retired. The 49ers also lost their O-line coach due to cancer, and we all know how tough it is to lose a member of your team. The following season could be considered a year of rebuilding, starting a new QB and all. 57-39 regular season record is very impressive, and with the hiring of Zorn, I see this team as a rocket waiting to be launched if Mariucci is hired.

I'll support any head coach that is hired, but if I could change my vote, I would.

MOOCH!? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!?

Ok, Fossil has at least done something....he went to a SB...Mooch has just proven that he can be a mediocre coach for mediocre teams and can't handle the TO personalities (if God forbid, we ever end up with one) of the NFL which are necessary inconveniences.

This goes to show why over half of the people in this country shouldn't vote for president. What's the average IQ of US nowadays?...like 87? :doh:

MOOCH!? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!?

Ok, Fossil has at least done something....he went to a SB...Mooch has just proven that he can be a mediocre coach for mediocre teams and can't handle the TO personalities (if God forbid, we ever end up with one) of the NFL which are necessary inconveniences.

This goes to show why over half of the people in this country shouldn't vote for president. What's the average IQ of US nowadays?...like 87? :doh:

I guess 3 top 4 teams isn't good enough for you. In 1997, 49ers had the best record in the league. In 1998 and 2001, they were 4th in the NFL with a 12-4 record.

And you think that a TO personality is that prevalent throughout the league? In case you don't know, there's a reason that TO has been traded off the teams he's been on, and I wouldn't put much of that blame on the coach. Remember, that Mariucci was the one who opened the offense to TO over Jerry Rice. Look at the stats, TO had his highest reception totals under Mariucci. In Mariucci's last three years (2000-2002), check out Owens' stats:

- 2000 (14 games): 97 rec, 1,451 yds, 13 TDs

- 2001 (16): 93 rec, 1,412 yds, 16 TDs

- 2002 (14): 100 rec, 1,300 yds, 13 TDs

Archived