Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Just Say No To Meeks

3CardMonte

Tell you what. Let's try something different. Let's try to leave out the condescending remarks in this debate. They're juvenile and unnecessary. I myself left this open so that perhaps some good debate on the pros and cons of Meeks being a possible head coach would come out of it, (that and give the OP a chance to redeem himself after that opening statement). Don't make me regret it any more than I am now.

So, Meeks and Dungy had no decision in the matter?

I'm sure they had some input, but the final decisions came down to Polian. When you have a guy like that, you let him draft. Now, Meeks may have said to him, find me a safety, and Polian then found Sanders, but it was still Polian who evaluated and chose the talent.

I'm not saying Meeks will not be a good HC - I'm just saying don't paint Indy's defense as super great without acknowledging that personnel was a huge part of why it was great.

I'm sure they had some input, but the final decisions came down to Polian. When you have a guy like that, you let him draft. Now, Meeks may have said to him, find me a safety, and Polian then found Sanders, but it was still Polian who evaluated and chose the talent.

I'm not saying Meeks will not be a good HC - I'm just saying don't paint Indy's defense as super great without acknowledging that personnel was a huge part of why it was great.

No doubt, J. As it is with any team. WHich is why I laugh at anyone bringing up Fassels run at the SB in 2000. They clearly leave out John Fox and Sean Payton playing a HUGE part of it. Strictly trying to pin it on Fassel.

I refuse to beileve that Meeks stated to get me a safety and Polian got Sanders. I know you are speaking loosely when you state such but, a coach who is going to coach said player, does put in a lot of insight.

Even more, it is still up to Meeks and Alan Williams to coach Sanders up to understand the system that they have in place [Tampa 2, primarily].

Players play, especially when they have the same raw talent that Bob Sanders has, but, they still need to be coached up. Regardless, how much raw talent that they posses.

Not that it matters in any event - whoever gets chosen is already hamstrung b/c they can't choose their own coordinators.

3 out of 4 of our 'serious' candidates at the time spoke highly of Blache and Zorn. Who is who? Not sure. But, if I were a betting man, I would say that Fassel is one, Meeks is two, Mora was three.

GW was the guy who did not. :laugh:

All just speculation on who is who but, the rumor is out there.

Praise_gibbs one last thing for you only because you seem to skip most of what is said.

1. I only argued that the stats you jumped on the original poster for to prove the COLTS defense was in his words "soft" and only good because of the offense had partial truth. This you would have understood had you READ his entire post and my reply.

2. I never said Manning is the SOLE reason the colts defense was good as you STATED... again somthing out of your a** and nothing you ever read in my post. I said its a HUGE reason the colts defense was able to attack given they were ahead in most every game for few years at least

3. I for one think Manning is the best QB to ever play and stastically its proven. For U to discount his greatness as a factor in the success of the colts D make you look silly. Scoring and scoring fast and often will never hurt your D it makes your opponent press thus eventually making mistakes and mistakes eventually means turnovers.

4. I would support Meeks if he was HC and believe in his abilities to coach up a good defense, I truly think he will do well. BUT I suppose you skipped READING that the first time as well.

Almost impossible to talk to someone who by your post has the knowledge of at best somone who has played ball at the little league level. Maybe you just have trouble reading or understanding what few words acutally mean. If these are true disabilities that you have then i apologize sincerely

This is so typical... Whenever someone cant respond to someone elses argument that decide to resort to attacking that poster. Dude... come on... You are 32. Instead of getting childish and attacking someone, how about just debating someone on the points they are making, and even if you think their points are silly you can respond in a way that isnt childish.

This seems to be the rule these days rather then the exception... :doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

I am going to debate this in a nice way.

Praise_gibbs one last thing for you only because you seem a little slow to me.

I will ignore the jab.

1. I only argued that the stats you jumped on the original poster for to prove the COLTS defense was in his words "soft" and only good because of the offense had partial truth. This you would have understood had you READ his entire post and my reply.

Those stats, are still invisible. Non existent.

If you or the OP have them. Lets see them.

Simple as that.

2. I never said Manning is the SOLE reason the colts defense was good as you STATED... again somthing out of your a** and nothing you ever read in my post. I said its a HUGE reason the colts defense was able to attack given they were ahead in most every game for few years at least

Again. Opinion. WHich is fine but, you can't hang on to that as if it is fact unless you back up the claim. Fair enough?

3. I for one think Manning is the best QB to ever play and stastically its proven.

I'd say that Tom Brady is. No, not because he has more Superbowls. But, because he has proven more with less. Now, that he has more, he is playing lights out.

Kinda scary when he has a future HOF WR, huh?

For U to discount his greatness as a factor in the success of the colts D make you look silly.

Not even a little bit. But, again, that is opinion.

Scoring and scoring fast and often will never hurt your D it makes your opponent press thus eventually making mistakes and mistakes eventually means turnovers.

This certainly can be the case. Is it always this way with the Colts? Nope.

I never said that Manning is not a part of the Colts success. On Defense or Offense. But, you are stating that I am discounting Manning and how much he plays into the success of the Defense.

You seem to be doing the same. Just switch 'Manning' and 'Defense' and the sentence fits.

Just sayin..

4. I would support Meeks if he was HC and believe in his abilities to coach up a good defense, I truly think he will do well. BUT I suppose you skipped READING that the first time as well.

Nope. I read. As always.

3. I for one think Manning is the best QB to ever play and stastically its proven. For U to discount his greatness as a factor in the success of the colts D make you look silly. Scoring and scoring fast and often will never hurt your D it makes your opponent press thus eventually making mistakes and mistakes eventually means turnovers.

:doh::doh:

Yes it will. To say that scoring quickly will never hurt your defense does not make any sense... The more the defense is out there, the more tired they get, the less effective they are in the game. This is why time of position is an important aspect of the game.

:doh::doh:

Yes it will. To say that scoring quickly will never hurt your defense does not make any sense... The more the defense is out there, the more tired they get, the less effective they are in the game. This is why time of position is an important aspect of the game.

Dude, come on thats just crazy. So where does points on the scoreboard in your young mind come of importance in a game? Knowing you must score often possibly every chance when playing the colts in the past few years you cant say teams do not press because they did and will continue to just as all teams outside of phily and balt this year did against NE. I will be willing to be my membership here that sacks and int and QB knock downs DRAMATICALLY increase when playing with the lead. Willing to Bet?

Those stats, are still invisible. Non existent.

If you or the OP have them. Lets see them.

Simple as that.

Stats that a defense is greatly improved with a proficent offense? Do they keep that type of stat? Since your so Stat driven prove otherwise. It just baffles me you deny any importance of PM to a defense

Again. Opinion. WHich is fine but, you can't hang on to that as if it is fact unless you back up the claim. Fair enough?

No facts needed here you posted something "SOLE reason" that i never said. Facts are in the thread.. dude please just read it and prove otherwise. As for the statement I also challenge you to prove otherwise. I will bet anything you want Sacks ints and QB pressures by any team increases dramatically with a lead.

I'd say that Tom Brady is. No, not because he has more Superbowls. But, because he has proven more with less. Now, that he has more, he is playing lights out.

Kinda scary when he has a future HOF WR, huh?

More with less.. now that an opinion ... you opinion is Harrison and wayne are superior to bradys. My opinion is they produce more due to P Mannings ability to change plays call plays and make great throws while he is rarly pressured. Not to mention since your a stats guy that PM stats are superior to that of Bradys of the last few years combined.

Not even a little bit. But, again, that is opinion.

This certainly can be the case. Is it always this way with the Colts? Nope.

I never said that Manning is not a part of the Colts success. On Defense or Offense. But, you are stating that I am discounting Manning and how much he plays into the success of the Defense.

You seem to be doing the same. Just switch 'Manning' and 'Defense' and the sentence fits.

Just sayin..

UM .. not quite.. cut and pasted your own words here "However, with Manning being able to score often AND fast.. you'd think it would hurt the D because they are on the field quite frequently." LMAO ...so which part of "hurt the D" actually means you acknoledge manning is part of the success? Please just one more laugh before bed

Nope. I read. As always.

Post like it next time

I see no need to quote you as you are still not backing up any of your claims.

You are so set on it but, can not support your claims.

I'll wait but, I have a feeling that I will be waiting forever. :(

LOL exactly the response I expected from you. Left with nothing to say after the truth hurts to much to speak. Good night my little stats friend.

Not as tired as I thought so just to humor myself I decided to use STATS to decide who was the better QB. So here is the last 5 years, this was one of your small arguements and its stats driven for your comfort. THe other being the play of PM along with his number 1 ranking and his record performances and scoring points and playing with leads most of the last 5 years. Statement I made "big leads tends to contribute to better Defensive play do to the ability of more aggressive play calling against a now 1 dementional team pressing to catch up or just keep pace. " For this statement which you demand stats i can only point you to Football 101 because its obvious these stats are not accumliated. Its plain and simple football knowledge.

Peyton Tom

4th 1st

1st 9th

1st 6th

1st 9th

2nd 10th

There u have it by stats and football 101 ..2 points proven = 2 points savannah

gotta hate that indy defense. i mean, what a weak pass rush! and secondary? two young improving cornerbacks and a complete beast, excuse me, defensive mvp of the year in bob sanders, and solid cover 2 linebackers. i mean, their unit was ranked #3 because peyton manning sacks the QB and picks the ball.

anyone would be crazy to think that offense doesnt help the defense, but my god, to call the #3 defensive unit "soft soft soft" is pretty stupid.

:applause:

Now someone just needs to say that he either won't/will get hired because he's black and it will be a complete Ron Meeks thread.

lol.. so, that is your opinion?

How about add facts, stats, etc etc to back up your baseless claim?

Meeks in '08! :cheers:

Its actually quite embarassing how he sincerely meant what he wrote, isn't it? Perhaps the fact that their scoring defense has excelled very well might make a case for Meeks. Or maybe that he has turned prospects into excellent players, in particular the DBs and LBs, like Sanders, Bethea, Jason David (who looked great in Indy, terrible in NO), and others.

Archived