Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Just Say No To Meeks

3CardMonte

Haha, are you kidding me? That defense is the reason why they won the Superbowl last year. The defense has been playing lights out the past 2 years, but the colts just ran into some bad fortune and health issues with their WRs and their Dline

It was clearly Peyton Manning that won every single Colts game since he entered the league. :rolleyes::silly:

It makes you laugh when these folks pull these wacked opinions out of their ass, doesn't it? :laugh:

That guy has coached a soft defense in Indy. The only reason that team is any good is its offense. There defense is soft soft soft.

Just Say No to Meeks

:dallasuck

WOW!!! Know I can call the circus and tell them that I found that missing clown from the show!!!!

RED06

lol.. so, that is your opinion?

How about add facts, stats, etc etc to back up your baseless claim?

Meeks in '08! :cheers:

I have not looked and dont care to but im sure the facts and stats are there to back up at least some of that claim. I while not against meeks as a HC here or anywhere for that matter, I do know that Peyton Manning is a HUGE reason for the success for that entire team including the defense. Any defense has an advantage taking the field with a lead especially a huge lead which is what you often get in a colts game for the last 5 years. To suggest PM and his greatness on the Offensive side of the ball had nothing to do with the way the defense of the colts have been able to attack is asanine to say the least.

gotta hate that indy defense. i mean, what a weak pass rush! and secondary? two young improving cornerbacks and a complete beast, excuse me, defensive mvp of the year in bob sanders, and solid cover 2 linebackers. i mean, their unit was ranked #3 because peyton manning sacks the QB and picks the ball.

anyone would be crazy to think that offense doesnt help the defense, but my god, to call the #3 defensive unit "soft soft soft" is pretty stupid.

Colts defense since Meeks arrived in '02:

2002: 17th in points, 9th in yards

2003: 20th in points, 11th in yards

2004: 19th in points, 20th in yards

2005: 2nd in points, 11th in yards

2006: 23rd in points, 25th in yards

2007: 1st in points, 3rd in yards

I'm not making any point, draw your own conclusions.

I have not looked and dont care to but im sure the facts and stats are there to back up at least some of that claim.

I SHOULD end this reply right here ebcause you are ranting about something that you know nothing about. But, I will atleast humor you for a couple of minutes.

Kthnx.

I while not against meeks as a HC here or anywhere for that matter, I do know that Peyton Manning is a HUGE reason for the success for that entire team including the defense.

So wait, Manning is the sole reason the D is as good as it is? That is interesting.

I'd LOVE to hear your reasoning behind this. :laugh:

Any defense has an advantage taking the field with a lead especially a huge lead which is what you often get in a colts game for the last 5 years.

Does it hurt? Nope.

However, with Manning being able to score often AND fast.. you'd think it would hurt the D because they are on the field quite frequently.

To suggest PM and his greatness on the Offensive side of the ball had nothing to do with the way the defense of the colts have been able to attack is asanine to say the least.

:laugh:

I'd have to say that the D is as good as it is because they are coached well.

Read a little bit why dont ya an post a little less. Thanks for posting the Meaningless thread to whether or not Peyton Manning while stastically the best QB for the last 5 years and helps a defense dramatically. I dont doubt meeks ability to coach and produce a great defense as the original poster does. I Just stated PM is a HUGE factor of the colts defense rankings which was the defense the original poster implyed. THanks for trying but try to read and understand not just ignor and post previous threads of meeks entire coaching career which prove nothing other than he has a good looking resume.

They also manage to stay stout and efficient after losing key players each year. With winning so many games, they can't afford to re-sign free agents who leave for bigger paydays. We got Marcus Washington for that same reason. They've had key players leave every year and develop young talent to take over. They lost Cato June, then brought in Keiaho. Lost Nick Harper, were already developing Marlin Jackson. With low draft picks every year (25-32 every year) it's hard to maintain talent level. Meeks is a big part of scheming and developing talent. Still think offensive mind is the way to go though.

Read a little bit why dont ya an post a little less.

Me fail English? That's unposisble!

Thanks for posting the Meaningless thread to whether or not Peyton Manning while stastically the best QB for the last 5 years and helps a defense dramatically.

When did I post said thread that states that Manning is the sole reason why the Colts D is as good as it is?

I am serious. I would really love to read it. I bet I made some good points in that thread.

I dont doubt meeks ability to coach and produce a great defense as the original poster does. I Just stated PM is a HUGE factor of the colts defense rankings which was the defense the original poster implyed.

[.quote]

Homeboy stated that the Colts D is soft. That is far from stating that Manning makes the Colts D.

THanks for trying but try to read and understand not just ignor and post previous threads of meeks entire coaching career which prove nothing other than he has a good looking resume.

lol did you read the thread? It was made because it was announced that Meeks was going to have his second interview.

I didn't just start a random thread with Meeks' resume. :laugh:

I SHOULD end this reply right here ebcause you are ranting about something that you know nothing about. But, I will atleast humor you for a couple of minutes.

Kthnx.

So wait, Manning is the sole reason the D is as good as it is? That is interesting.

I'd LOVE to hear your reasoning behind this. :laugh:

Does it hurt? Nope.

However, with Manning being able to score often AND fast.. you'd think it would hurt the D because they are on the field quite frequently.

I'd have to say that the D is as good as it is because they are coached well.

Almost impossible to talk to someone who by your post has the knowledge of at best somone who has played ball at the little league level. Maybe you just have trouble reading or understanding what few words acutally mean. If these are true disabilities that you have then i apologize sincerely

Indy's defense = Bob Sanders. He is ridiculous. If you noticed in 2006 he got injured, and their defense became absolutely atrocious until the playoffs, when miraculously, he returned from injury. They are by far the statistically worst defense in NFL history to win a superbowl.

Ok. So if that is true, that is the Colts. You are aware that Meeks did not just coach on the Indy staff, right?

You'd kind of think that it is no accident that the Colts have a good D. Given Meeks track record.

Besides, isn't a part of the Coaches job to draft? Who do you think helped draft Bob Sanders in '04?

It's not much of a coincidence that once Meeks arrived that team became better all around. The D carried the Colts in the playoffs last year, and were stout this year, despite heavy amounts of injuries.

I would not mind having Meeks as HC in 08.

I'll be honest though, in my mind a scarecrowe is better than Fassel.

Almost impossible to talk to someone who by your post has the knowledge of at best somone who has played ball at the little league level. Maybe you just have trouble reading or understanding what few words acutally mean. If these are true disabilities that you have then i apologize sincerely

Still waiting on your facts on Meeks to state otherwise.

Until then, there is no need for you to post in this thread.

:ciao:

Archived