Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Unwavering Fan Support

nneece

Who do you want to open the season against?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to open the season against?

Not so fast :) ... under your scenario I could and would move to another country for the 4 or 8 years I might have to endure that President I don't like, come back, vote, and leave again if I had to, until there's eventually someone I approve of running the country.

I won't abandon my team because of a bonehead owner. I can't.

I guess you have a point. But what if you move to Brazil, really like it, and decide to never move back again? The same thing can happen to fans of this franchise...

Joe Gibbs endorsed the Cerrato & Blache promotion. (period). Besides that you are not speaking to the point and are trying to mince your words instead of lying. (no one has spoken to Gibbs in envolvement in the process).

Simply not true. Reports have stated that Gibbs left the area after his resignation and has not returned. I think at this point he will nod his head in the background to ease the transition but will not be involved in the decision making process or comment on it. If he came forward and said that Gregg Williams was not the man for the job because of this and that, that would be great but it's not going to happen. On the other hand, this process is terribly flawed beyond the fact that GW was not hired.

Simply not true. Reports have stated that Gibbs left the area after his resignation and has not returned. I think at this point he will nod his head in the background to ease the transition but will not be involved in the decision making process or comment on it. If he came forward and said that Gregg Williams was not the man for the job because of this and that, that would be great but it's not going to happen. On the other hand, this process is terribly flawed beyond the fact that GW was not hired.

what's wierd is that there was all this conversation about Gibbs ramping up after retiring. something earth shaking happened to that man.....the ST murder rattled him more than anyone imagines.......and DS isn't a shoulder to lean on...by all appearances...when things go South.

how do you go from being in upper management and looking out for the team's best interest...to totally uncommitted in a matter of weeks? very, very strange.

It's time to move on and let it go. Gibbs, AS and GW aren't coming back. We're going to have a new HC. Snyder isn't going to sell the team. In the end and perhaps by free agency, we'll be debating a whole new set of issues.

It can't come soon enough for me.

No, Gibbs endorsing Cerrato & Blache is simply true and tiresomely so ... as you acknowledge by saying "(Gibbs) at this point will nod his head in the background". Be as dismissive of Gibbs as you want - but don't deny it has happenned.

Your digressing like a certain trouble maker who likes to harass members under different names. Have you ever boasted of knowing any friends of ex-girlfriends of Lavar Arrington?? Writen any manifestos to players?? DD

For all of you fans that say you support the team no matter what, and that it doesn't matter who the Coaches are, Owner, players, etc.? I have a question.

Really?

It doesn't matter that you have a team that has Integrity and character? I think if there is any 1 thing that Joe Gibbs tried to instill in this franchise in his return, it's that integrity and character are of the upmost importance. Saying that you will follow the franchise no matter what or who makes for very lemming like fans. It also enables Danny and little danny to run this franchise poorly. Think about it.

It's similar to the battered spouse syndrome. No matter what the abuser does, the spouse almost always comes back for more.

If people want to keep on supporting this nonsense, then let them. I love the Redskins. I was fortunate enough to see this team win 3 SuperBowls. I pity our younger fans, because who knows if they will ever see what it's like to have a competitive franchise.

Because I don't chose to eat the garbage that snyder is pumping out doesn't make me any less of a fan. Maybe we should hold our breath, and who ever can hold theirs the longest is the bestest fan ever. :doh: I've just had enough. People are on here crying about others not being loyal, but what about the owner's loyalty to the fanbase? What has he done to show his loyalty? He has continued to put a bad product before us while demanding that we pay more to see it. The only thing that he seems to be loyal to is the dollar bill. And he won't be seeing any of mine.

I never said i give "unwavering" support for Snyder. I have doubts about him time to time and wonder why he makes certain decisions. But, he is a young and still learning. He wants to have a say in everyday operations. And if some of the Danny haters owned the team, so would they. We jump all over him any chance we get.

But when news like retaining Buges or acquiring Zorn comes out, we barely mention Snyder. (or Vinny for that matter)

Anything less than a SB season is not always the owners fault. Injuries, deaths, inconsistent perfomance, INT's, fumbles, and dropped passes probably contribute also.

"Portis fumbles again!"......I hate Snyder???!!!

It is like the love for your kids. It is unconditional. If they screw up royally you still love them the same.

Correction, you love babies unconditionally...

i just don't get some people for calling people not loyal because they're tired of daniel snyder making bad decisions... so wat if i dump my tickets-- wat i'm saying is no no no mr snyder i dun wanna buy your poo anymore. ill get the free version thank you very much... besides, i have now doubt the team will be bad so ill be able to get em back from scalpers for 20 bucks a pop later in the season.

It's similar to the battered spouse syndrome. No matter what the abuser does, the spouse almost always comes back for more.

If people want to keep on supporting this nonsense, then let them. I love the Redskins. I was fortunate enough to see this team win 3 SuperBowls. I pity our younger fans, because who knows if they will ever see what it's like to have a competitive franchise.

Because I don't chose to eat the garbage that snyder is pumping out doesn't make me any less of a fan. Maybe we should hold our breath, and who ever can hold theirs the longest is the bestest fan ever. :doh: I've just had enough. People are on here crying about others not being loyal, but what about the owner's loyalty to the fanbase? What has he done to show his loyalty? He has continued to put a bad product before us while demanding that we pay more to see it. The only thing that he seems to be loyal to is the dollar bill. And he won't be seeing any of mine.

I'm not letting any sports franchise make me into a battered spouse!

why can you not discern the difference between me not wanting to line danny's pockets anymore and me not supporting the team... i'm a skins fan but that doesn't mean i'm going to drop dick on them until wonder boy snyder has stopped playing fantasy foosball with the team.

Agreed. I canceled my tickets before last season, and only went to the Bills game since I wanted to be there for the Taylor tribute. I bought tickets in the parking lot for $25, took metro and didn't drink inside the stadium. Dan barely received any money from me.

But the other 16 games I was glued to the TV. It's pretty easy, and much cheaper, to support them from afar. And that does not make someone any 'less' of a fan.

I agree with the post that says just because the team made changes doesn't meant there is no integtrity. What do we expect? Mr. Snyder and Mr. Cerrato are conducting personnel interviews and trying to determine the fit of all the candidates. An organization is a complex myriad of personalities. When therer is a bad fit it can cause upheaval that isn't neccessarily apparent to the outside. I suspect with the strong personalities of the two coaches just released there have been on-going problems where a good fit wasn't there. Lets sit back and relax and let the process work itself out.

It is like the love for your kids. It is unconditional. If they screw up royally you still love them the same.

When can we send Dan to his room?

By 'room', I mean 'place where he has no access to the building of a football team'.

Archived