Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Unwavering Fan Support

nneece

Who do you want to open the season against?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to open the season against?

For all of you fans that say you support the team no matter what, and that it doesn't matter who the Coaches are, Owner, players, etc.? I have a question.

Really?

It doesn't matter that you have a team that has Integrity and character? I think if there is any 1 thing that Joe Gibbs tried to instill in this franchise in his return, it's that integrity and character are of the upmost importance. Saying that you will follow the franchise no matter what or who makes for very lemming like fans. It also enables Danny and little danny to run this franchise poorly. Think about it.

Been said in other threads dog. There is a million threads on this topic.

If we want to support the team than let us do it.

I'm gone ride with my squad regardless.

Syder aint going to sell the team.

we need to get over it.

I dont like snyder either, but I cant do nothing about.

Let me ask you a question...why doesn't the team have integrity? because they didn't hire Gregg Williams? because they got rid of Al Saunders? Is that why the team has no Integrity or character? Because if those are your only issues, then it is your opinion that this team doesn't have integrity or character...the players are the same( they are under contract), the defense is similar except without GW, and i feel the team is better off without Saunders, yes he had a good offense in KC but here it didn't do squat...just because you feel slighted by Dan and Vinny, i am glad Gregg Williams isn't the coach and i am glad Saunders isn't here anymore, and if we get Spags as HC i will be even happier

For all of you fans that say you support the team no matter what, and that it doesn't matter who the Coaches are, Owner, players, etc.? I have a question.

Really?

It doesn't matter that you have a team that has Integrity and character? I think if there is any 1 thing that Joe Gibbs tried to instill in this franchise in his return, it's that integrity and character are of the upmost importance. Saying that you will follow the franchise no matter what or who makes for very lemming like fans. It also enables Danny and little danny to run this franchise poorly. Think about it.

Well nneece, I'm one of those and yes, integrity and character means a lot to me. But so does another virtue - Loyalty. I don't just run when the going gets tough - that's what a fair weather fan does. You see, the team is still called the Redskins. It still calls Washington, DC it's home. Therefore, it's my home team and always will be. If The Danny moves the franchise somewhere else, then I would probably not be a fan. But the fact that the team is my home town team takes precedence over all else.

Do I want my team to have integrity and character? Yeah, I want my children, my colleagues, my friends, my bosses, my neighbors all to have integrity and character too (and I strive for those qualities myself) but when one of them falls down, I'm not going to bail on them.

I'm not happy with the way Snyder is handling all of this, but let the process work itself out. Some of you all make it sound like Snyder is starving little children in order to find a head coach.

I'm going to complain when I think it's necessary, but I'm not going to let one guy (Snyder) take my team away. I'm not that weak.

Hail,

H

I'm not passing judgement on anything until I see the results on the field. Even then, I know I need to be patient the first couple of weeks. Remember that even the legendary Joe Gibbs started 0-5 with a lousy offense until he settled in and made some adjustments.

I'm not passing judgement on anything until I see the results on the field. Even then, I know I need to be patient the first couple of weeks. Remember that even the legendary Joe Gibbs started 0-5 with a lousy offense until he settled in and made some adjustments.

Try the first 1 to 2 seasons of a new coaching regime typically...

Let me ask you a question...why doesn't the team have integrity? because they didn't hire Gregg Williams? because they got rid of Al Saunders? Is that why the team has no Integrity or character? Because if those are your only issues, then it is your opinion that this team doesn't have integrity or character...the players are the same( they are under contract), the defense is similar except without GW, and i feel the team is better off without Saunders, yes he had a good offense in KC but here it didn't do squat...just because you feel slighted by Dan and Vinny, i am glad Gregg Williams isn't the coach and i am glad Saunders isn't here anymore, and if we get Spags as HC i will be even happier

No, I'm not saying this team currently lacks integrity or character. It does lack continuity- new HC, new OC, new DC, new Offense for JC, no Todd Collins, etc. etc. I'm questioning the fans who say they will support the team no matter what. I've been a Skins fan all my life- I'm not a fair weather fan, but I have to question the current regime. Starting over ever 2 to 3 years simply does not make sense and it flies in the face of what Joe Gibbs tried to instill in this organization.

I am not going to stop rooting for my football team just because the ownership isn't doing everything that I think they should be doing. Have you ever stopped to think that maybe Dan Snyder has been kowtowing to the fanbase all along, and that he has learned from his mistakes of just doing whatever the fanbase wants? Do you not think that DS wants to build a winning football team?

A lot of fans think it's easy to build a winning football team. In order for a team to be a perrenial contender, the stars must align perfectly. Think about it. A winning team must not only have skilled players at most positions, but they also must have a thing called chemistry. It must have a group of skilled leaders from the head coach all the way down to the assistants and even the quarterback. A winning team must not only have all of these elements, but it also must avoid injuries to key players.

If and when those stars align, I hope I'll be around to enjoy it. But I'm not going to pretend that I know how to develop a winning football franchise.

Integrity and loyalty....ok well ive been LOYAL to the Skins no matter what....theres the Loyalty for you. If i bailed or didnt support the team then i wouldnt be loyal. Pot calling the kettle black. For some reason i choose to root for the helmet and jersey.....i guess the joke is on me.

If people are angered...thats fine...go root for another effing football team if it bothers you so much. I dont agree with everything that goes on but i do know one thing....i root for the jersey and the helmet 16 times a year no matter what the case may be.

Well nneece, I'm one of those and yes, integrity and character means a lot to me. But so does another virtue - Loyalty. I don't just run when the going gets tough - that's what a fair weather fan does. You see, the team is still called the Redskins. It still calls Washington, DC it's home. Therefore, it's my home team and always will be. If The Danny moves the franchise somewhere else, then I would probably not be a fan. But the fact that the team is my home town team takes precedence over all else.

Do I want my team to have integrity and character? Yeah, I want my children, my colleagues, my friends, my bosses, my neighbors all to have integrity and character too (and I strive for those qualities myself) but when one of them falls down, I'm not going to bail on them.

I'm not happy with the way Snyder is handling all of this, but let the process work itself out. Some of you all make it sound like Snyder is starving little children in order to find a head coach.

I'm going to complain when I think it's necessary, but I'm not going to let one guy (Snyder) take my team away. I'm not that weak.

Hail,

H

I think the franchise as currently being run by Mr. Snyder has little resemblance to the Redskins owned by a Mr. Jack Kent Cooke...

bwahahahah **** snyder -- i've had season tickets now for three years and i'm dumping next season cuz i dun particularly want to go see the next several years of 4-12edness... cuz lets be honest-- we've already seen wat happens when snyder is hands on... the team sucks the big one. if you're reading this snyder **** you **** you **** you **** you you piece of ****. you're not getting any of my money next year. you and your crappy new staff of suckedness. **** you and your whole family. **** you **** you ****.

I am not going to stop rooting for my football team just because the ownership isn't doing everything that I think they should be doing. Have you ever stopped to think that maybe Dan Snyder has been kowtowing to the fanbase all along, and that he has learned from his mistakes of just doing whatever the fanbase wants? Do you not think that DS wants to build a winning football team?

A lot of fans think it's easy to build a winning football team. In order for a team to be a perrenial contender, the stars must align perfectly. Think about it. A winning team must not only have skilled players at most positions, but they also must have a thing called chemistry. It must have a group of skilled leaders from the head coach all the way down to the assistants and even the quarterback. A winning team must not only have all of these elements, but it also must avoid injuries to key players.

If and when those stars align, I hope I'll be around to enjoy it. But I'm not going to pretend that I know how to develop a winning football franchise.

I think Mr. Snyder is showing us how not to develop a winning football franchise. The New England Patriots and Mr. Craft would be examples of a winning football franchise. We seem to have almost the polar opposite here at this point.

:laugh: :laugh:

bwahahahah **** snyder -- i've had season tickets now for three years and i'm dumping next season cuz i dun particularly want to go see the next several years of 4-12edness... cuz lets be honest-- we've already seen wat happens when snyder is hands on... the team sucks the big one. if you're reading this snyder **** you **** you **** you **** you you peace of ****. you're not getting any of my money next year. you and your crappy new staff of suckedness. **** you and your whole family. **** you **** you ****.

A fan is someone who goes through the ups and downs with their team... Sure, Dan can be an idiot sometimes, but ultimately we are rooting for the Washington Redskins... The history, tradition and the glory. I'll have to admit it's not as fun being a Skins' fan than it was in the 80's and early 90's, but it's still the Washington Redskins...

:point2sky

I think Mr. Snyder is showing us how not to develop a winning football franchise. The New England Patriots and Mr. Craft would be examples of a winning football franchise. We seem to have almost the polar opposite here at this point.

And being the polar opposite of arguably the best team in NFL history is not good.

A fan is someone who goes through the ups and downs with their team... Sure, Dan can be an idiot sometimes, but ultimately we are rooting for the Washington Redskins... The history, tradition and the glory. I'll have to admit it's not as fun being a Skins' fan than it was in the 80's and early 90's, but it's still the Washington Redskins...

:point2sky

Agreed. :cheers:

How many teams, other than the patriots and the colts, can you name off as having the perfect franchise structure???

How many teams have a tom brady and a peyton manning to go with it???

bwahahahah **** snyder -- i've had season tickets now for three years and i'm dumping next season cuz i dun particularly want to go see the next several years of 4-12edness... cuz lets be honest-- we've already seen wat happens when snyder is hands on... the team sucks the big one. if you're reading this snyder **** you **** you **** you **** you you piece of ****. you're not getting any of my money next year. you and your crappy new staff of suckedness. **** you and your whole family. **** you **** you ****.
:laugh: you wild homeboy.

So.....per our "great fanbase"....Snyder is NOT loyal to GWilliams....therefore the "fanbase" is NOT going to be loyal and follow the Redskins....talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

this just does not make sense -- lets say all the roller coasters are broken at disney land -- and the management refuses to fix them... but you love mickey mouse do you still go to disney land?

Thats it , man. Let it all out!

I feel better just reading what you wrote.

Thanks! :cheers:

Archived