Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Unwavering Fan Support

nneece

Who do you want to open the season against?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to open the season against?

For all of you fans that say you support the team no matter what, and that it doesn't matter who the Coaches are, Owner, players, etc.? I have a question.

Really?

It doesn't matter that you have a team that has Integrity and character? I think if there is any 1 thing that Joe Gibbs tried to instill in this franchise in his return, it's that integrity and character are of the upmost importance. Saying that you will follow the franchise no matter what or who makes for very lemming like fans. It also enables Danny and little danny to run this franchise poorly. Think about it.

Evoke the name of Joe Gibbs all you want BUT JOE GIBBS IN ON BOARD WITH DAN SNYDER. Endorsing the Vinny Cerrato & Greg Blache promotions.

Far from "supporting a team no matter what", I was all for unloading Williams and promoting Gregg Blache from within, a year before they did it. On the contrary it seems like I was right all along, the Redskins figured it out, and they have come around to supporting me.

So spare us the villiany, you're the "lemming". You think your not a Williams' lemming?? Williams has gone over the cliff and you and all the other lemmings are following him over the cliff. The juxtapostion of your own accusation is hilarious.

Syder aint going to sell the team.

I don't understand why he wouldn't.

He could make some serious money since he obviously doesn't care about "continuity". And secondly, the rest of Northern Virginia would be better off without him.

If he cares so much about the team, he wouldn't have done what he did.

Evoke the name of Joe Gibbs all you want BUT JOE GIBBS IN ON BOARD WITH DAN SNYDER. Endorsing the Vinny Cerrato & Greg Blache promotions.

Far from "supporting a team no matter what", I was all for unloading Williams and promoting Gregg Blache from within, a year before they did it. On the contrary it seems like I was right all along, the Redskins figured it out, and they have come around to supporting me.

So spare us the villiany, you're the "lemming". You think your not a Williams' lemming?? Williams has gone over the cliff and you and all the other lemmings are following him over the cliff. The juxtapostion of your own accusation is hilarious.

From all reports Gibbs has been completely removed from this process except to inform his coaches that the process would take longer then expected.

ummmm...Blache aint done nothin yet. so your presience means nothing. more directly...your assessment ignores the obvious - that DS/VC were fenced off from hiring other DCs......they left themselvs without options and had their hands forced.

equally palatable to your Blache lemming hypothesis.

The difference between your analogy and what we have here is there is an election coming up in 10 months. You can finally flush the turd, so to speak...

Not so fast :) ... under your scenario I could and would move to another country for the 4 or 8 years I might have to endure that President I don't like, come back, vote, and leave again if I had to, until there's eventually someone I approve of running the country.

I won't abandon my team because of a bonehead owner. I can't.

From all reports Gibbs has been completely removed from this process except to inform his coaches that the process would take longer then expected.

Joe Gibbs endorsed the Cerrato & Blache promotion. (period). Besides that you are not speaking to the point and are trying to mince your words instead of lying. (no one has spoken to Gibbs in envolvement in the process).

"Do I want my team to have integrity and character? Yeah, I want my children, my colleagues, my friends, my bosses, my neighbors all to have integrity and character too (and I strive for those qualities myself) but when one of them falls down, I'm not going to bail on them.

I'm not happy with the way Snyder is handling all of this, but let the process work itself out. Some of you all make it sound like Snyder is starving little children in order to find a head coach.

I'm going to complain when I think it's necessary, but I'm not going to let one guy (Snyder) take my team away. I'm not that weak.

Hail" by HailSkinz1

:notworthy WOW! What an eloquent way of expressing what many of us feel. Thank you! & Amen AND...

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!

I don't understand where this alarmism is coming from. What "good thing" do you speak of? The fact is that even though we made the playoffs two out of the last three seasons, we were never that good of a football team. No division titles, no home playoff games, and it's still been over fifteen years since we've won more than 10 games in a season.

I don't understand your accusation that DS "crappified" the team. Joe Gibbs resigned, DS didn't fire him. His decision not to go with GW may have been a good one. Who are we to say? How ridiculous an idea it is that WE FANS should decide who the next head coach should be.

The 2007 season isn't even technically over yet and you're already declaring 2008 a lost cause. On what exactly do you base this prediction, may I ask?

According to your logic, DS continually makes poor decisions because he has an extremely loyal fanbase.

But here's the problem. We DON'T KNOW how this is going to play out. Whether or not DS is making bad decisions right now will only be determined by our W-L record for the next couple of years.

Also, if anything, Danny has tried TOO HARD to make this a good football team, which would explain the splurging in free agency. I may be wrong, but I think he's learned his lesson in that regard. Come time for free agency, I will gladly eat crow if the splurging and wasting of draft picks continues. I don't think it will.

What you and others are basically suggesting is that there need be some form of boycott in order to force DS to run this organization the way the FANS see fit. Do you really think that's plausible, much less a good idea?

you're right...10 years of mediocrity can always be rationalized away with "There's always tomorrow! and besides, Danny really, really, really, really...cares". he's just a swell guy who has been overtaken by events. you have me in tears. it's all about fan misconceptions on who pulls the purse strings and shapes the strategy....nothing at all about the product itself. why..it wasn't joe gibbs at all who turned the corner and restored character, accountability and unity to the Skins....it was "Danny" cuz he's just one of those human beings whose spirit infuses everything he touches!

how could so many have missed this?! thank you so much Diogenes for finally shining the light where it brings maximium illumination.... :cheers:

It doesn't matter that you have a team that has Integrity and character? I think if there is any 1 thing that Joe Gibbs tried to instill in this franchise in his return, it's that integrity and character are of the upmost importance.

Joe was a fairly stand-up guy but he had chinks in that armor. Don't set him on a pedestal. He's the one that screwed Patrick Ramsey. That was handled so horribly. I don't care if Patrick wasn't that good. It was wrong.

bwahahahah **** snyder -- i've had season tickets now for three years and i'm dumping next season cuz i dun particularly want to go see the next several years of 4-12edness... cuz lets be honest-- we've already seen wat happens when snyder is hands on... the team sucks the big one. if you're reading this snyder **** you **** you **** you **** you you piece of ****. you're not getting any of my money next year. you and your crappy new staff of suckedness. **** you and your whole family. **** you **** you ****.

It's going to be so great when we win it all in a year or two.

you're right...10 years of mediocrity can always be rationalized away with "There's always tomorrow! and besides, Danny really, really, really, really...cares". he's just a swell guy who has been overtaken by events. you have me in tears. it's all about fan misconceptions on who pulls the purse strings and shapes the strategy....nothing at all about the product itself. why..it wasn't joe gibbs at all who turned the corner and restored character, accountability and unity to the Skins....it was "Danny" cuz he's just one of those human beings whose spirit infuses everything he touches!

how could so many have missed this?! thank you so much Diogenes for finally shining the light where it brings maximium illumination.... :cheers:

This is a very good example of the overly emotional posts and threads that have saturated this board in recent days.

Congratulations, you are able to cherry pick one item in my whole post while missing the point entirely.

This is a very good example of the overly emotional posts and threads that have saturated this board in recent days.

Congratulations, you are able to cherry pick one item in my whole post while missing the point entirely.

hey...you set yourself up....not me. why is there so much passing of the buck around these parts? reap what you sew and all the other cliches. or better.....if you're going to preach...then practice.

The "Danny" part...after I was done laughing.....was simply a freebee.

ooops...almost forgot...I have never been one to revel in ignorance...my own or others.....what does "But I'm not going to pretend that I know how to develop a winning football franchise."....have to do with thinking about what a losing franchise does? you were passing off ignorance as wisdom. I'd prefer insight....across the board...into what is wrong and right.

yea whatever, i'm twenty six and have my season tickets in my own name. don't question my loyalty. the fact is i just don't want to pay for **** anymore. mr snyder doesnt deserve any money. he's given us nothing but ****. so once you start dropping booku bucks on the skins then come back to me... once snyder takes a dump on your chest then get back to me. the fact of the matter is that i have more invested than you turds. so its easy for you not to be mad when you don't pay for ****.

loyalty and being stupid enough to pay for crappy product are two different things.

Im coming back at you now crybaby..ive had tix since the early 90's...spent tons on gear, roadtrips, memorabilia...u name it. Your the one who said he doesnt want support the team cuz of Snyder...some loyalty u have. Support the uniform not the man who operates it...its sad how your "So Loyal" and "have spent so much on the team" yet are turning your back and already conceding a Losing season.

Snyder has owned this team for years and has done the same things in the past...why didnt u bail on them before? Or did u? U just kept coming back when we started winning games?

Your the one who said he was turning his back on the team cuz of Snyder, not me.

If your done with this team then leave, dont return to the site...dont watch the games...the definition of fairweather.

Chocalate City Fraud.

Im coming back at you now crybaby..ive had tix since the early 90's...spent tons on gear, roadtrips, memorabilia...u name it. Your the one who said he doesnt want support the team cuz of Snyder...some loyalty u have. Support the uniform not the man who operates it...its sad how your "So Loyal" and "have spent so much on the team" yet are turning your back and already conceding a Losing season.

Snyder has owned this team for years and has done the same things in the past...why didnt u bail on them before? Or did u? U just kept coming back when we started winning games?

Your the one who said he was turning his back on the team cuz of Snyder, not me.

If your done with this team then leave, dont return to the site...dont watch the games...the definition of fairweather.

Chocalate City Fraud.

oh yea?....well mines bigger than yours!... :laugh:

hey...you set yourself up....not me. why is there so much passing of the buck around these parts? reap what you sew and all the other cliches. or better.....if you're going to preach...then practice.

Passing the buck? What a puzzling statement. I never disavowed anything I said in any of my posts.

Practice what I preach? Another puzzling statement, being that the only thing that I've preached is that maybe, just maybe, being a fan and a member of extremeskins.com doesn't qualify me to determine who the next head coach should be.

I know it's the en vogue thing to do these days to bash DS, so by defending him I'm certainly opening myself up to criticism. I'm okay with that.

Passing the buck? What a puzzling statement. I never disavowed anything I said in any of my posts.

Practice what I preach? Another puzzling statement, being that the only thing that I've preached is that maybe, just maybe, being a fan and a member of extremeskins.com doesn't qualify me to determine who the next head coach should be.

I know it's the en vogue thing to do these days to bash DS, so by defending him I'm certainly opening myself up to criticism. I'm okay with that.

well...while I think DS is not worthy of anyone's respect or emulation...I do respect your willingness to tilt against that windmill. so...tip of the hat to ya.

we're all getting a bit frustrated. Many of us feel caught between the proverbial rock and a hard place........a lifelong dance with the Skins....and an owner who has been nothing but inept since his arrival on the scene. I, for one, could live with the latter if I thought there were redeeming qualities to his character...but I don't even see that.

ooops...almost forgot...I have never been one to revel in ignorance...my own or others.....what does "But I'm not going to pretend that I know how to develop a winning football franchise."....have to do with thinking about what a losing franchise does? you were passing off ignorance as wisdom. I'd prefer insight....across the board...into what is wrong and right.

I guess you'd prefer the football equivalent to an "inmates running the asylum" situation.

How about for every decision that DS makes with the football team, he just ran an online poll. You guys have all the insight, so he should listen to you and let you make all of the decisions.

EDIT: In other words, I'd prefer in this situation to let things play out and let the football guys do their jobs, rather than bang my head against the wall decrying every move that DS makes.

I guess you'd prefer the football equivalent to an "inmates running the asylum" situation.

How about for every decision that DS makes with the football team, he just ran an online poll. You guys have all the insight, so he should listen to you and let you make all of the decisions.

EDIT: In other words, I'd prefer in this situation to let things play out and let the football guys do their jobs, rather than bang my head against the wall decrying every move that DS makes.

geeez....I agree that the ridiculous case of Snyder making a decision based on a message board is just that...ridiculous.

but what does that have to do with the actual decision process? and the character of the person making the decisions? preceisely because...as you and others are fond of saying...we do not know the fine details....you also are not armed to comment on what is being thought. hence, my focus on the charcater of the man...which we have been able to observe over the course of 10 years.

and...just for the humor of it....we know statements and actions he took early on....and many of those directly conflict with what has subsequently unfolded. DS may very well have a plan...and...at the very least...we also know that he cannot be believed or trusted. whether we win or not in the future is immaterial to the case being made about DS as a person and a leader.

Archived