brettstr

Does Coach Gibbs...  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Does Coach Gibbs...

• Come back as Head Coach only for 1yr
    • Come back as Head Coach only with new contract
    • Come back in some capacity other than advisor
    • Stay Retired

Has anyone here ever considered that perhaps Dan Syner and company looked back on Joe Gibbs last retirement and how defensive coordinator (Richie) was elevated to HC. That experience with a long standing staff, performed miserably under his (RP)guidance. Richie was fired the next season. Perhaps he (Dan) is not convinced GW can get them to the next level even with this defense. The skins were not ranked number 1 in defense. Numbr 2-10 does not count in the game of winning.The defense did not shut down offenses in the post season. The skins defense was rattled by New England to the tune of 52 points. They did not Dominate. Not even close. If this had been the case (domination)maybe GW would be the unanimous choice. Perhaps if the skins played for the NFC championship or gone further, GW would be the unanimous choice if Joe still wanted to retire. If I were Dan that would be enough for me to rethink about what the continuity is in the organization and how to improve the team even if it means blowing up the team and starting over with new and fresh mind sets. A lot of folks thought JG was over his head with new defensive attacks to his offense but he actaully had his guys in there that should have been up to date. Again the defense was Not ranked #1. It seems to me he (JG) lost confidance in his support staff but he took all the heat.

Think about it

Brettstr- A fan of 37 years

In lieu of the injuries and the death to ST, don't you think GW did a great job this year?

I'll bet Danny boy would have passed on Bellechik (sp) if he were owner of the Pats....

Exactly. Snyder needed to be decisive and he needed to communicate with the press and fans. He has never learned the art and importance of communicating to the public. He should have hired Joe just to be his spokesman, until the drama played out and the final decisions announced. As it is, there is an information vacuum and because of his past mistakes, Snyder made vacuums tend to fill with :pooh:

Various people keep saying something like this, and I keep trying to imagine what the press conferences would be like. Do you think he should tell us when someone has a good or bad interview in his opinion? Pass along any research that they've been able to do on the various coaching candidates by talking to other people around the league who have played for or coached with the candidate? Share with you each coach's opinions on the current Redskins staff, including who they'd like to keep and who they'd like to replace? Maybe then he should have a poll on ES to see if the fans approve of the choice?

Can you think of any other business that fills positions in such a manner? Every one that I'm familiar with believes in keeping personnel matters strictly confidential.

I think it's very much to Dan Snyder's and Vinny Cerrato's credit that today's paper isn't filled with dirt about Gregg Williams to justify them in not immediately giving him the job. There are lots of people in this town, faced with a blizzard of cheap shots in the press, who would automatically send out their PR guy to talk "off the record" with the press and spread such dirt (true or false, who cares?) to get a better press for themselves. They've been too classy to do that (as has Gregg in the other direction, for that matter), and the result is that they're getting pilloried. No good deed goes unpunished.

I think, now, it's a case of Snyder letting his ego getting the best of him and not doing a proper selection process based on what's best for the team.

Sorry, but doing what is best for the team isn't nessicarily rubberstamping Williams in for the job. While it certainly would be simple and easy, it means that Snyder didn't do his due dilligence.

I think he has done a good job going out there and bringing in candidates for the job and mixing Williams in with them. It has mostly been the media that has been turning this into a circus. I mean, they pretty much anoited most people who have come through here, and Snyder has confounded them by actually showing some patience.

Jason

I couldn't have said it even better. Im really not about slamm'n Dan or Joe,,but you can tell by Joe Gibbs expressions that he was not happy among other things going on around the team. I can assume the list of current players are in major fear, the longer these days pass without some kinda subtance in the front office don't have a prayer to be around for the next few seasons..good one!

Has anyone here ever considered that perhaps Dan Syner and company looked back on Joe Gibbs last retirement and how defensive coordinator (Richie) was elevated to HC. That experience with a long standing staff, performed miserably under his (RP)guidance. Richie was fired the next season. Perhaps he (Dan) is not convinced GW can get them to the next level even with this defense. The skins were not ranked number 1 in defense. Numbr 2-10 does not count in the game of winning.The defense did not shut down offenses in the post season. The skins defense was rattled by New England to the tune of 52 points. They did not Dominate. Not even close. If this had been the case (domination)maybe GW would be the unanimous choice. Perhaps if the skins played for the NFC championship or gone further, GW would be the unanimous choice if Joe still wanted to retire. If I were Dan that would be enough for me to rethink about what the continuity is in the organization and how to improve the team even if it means blowing up the team and starting over with new and fresh mind sets. A lot of folks thought JG was over his head with new defensive attacks to his offense but he actaully had his guys in there that should have been up to date. Again the defense was Not ranked #1. It seems to me he (JG) lost confidance in his support staff but he took all the heat.

Think about it

I still find it mind boggling how people claim Dan and Vinny are back to their old ways, when no decisions have actually been made yet.

Everyone locally bashed the supposed Fassel hire, while from what I read nationally, it was actually seen as an "ok" move....not great, but nowhere near as bad as most fans around here made it seem.

Gibbs has been retired for just over 2 weeks, and Snyder is already the devil again. :doh:

It is not just the fact that Dan Snyder has not hired Williams for the HC job. I'd like it if Williams got the job, but it's admitedly not the end of civilization if someone else coaches the team.

The problem I have with Snyder and how he has run the organization is that he is an amalgamation of every runious boss I have ever come in to contact with. And guess what. They all were huge failures in the long run because they lacked any level of true understanding of human nature.

Gathering power rather than delegate? Check.

Screw em' all if it helps in the short run? Check

Pathologic need for attention and control? Check

Shaky hold on reality backed up by flunky? Check

Unchecked arrogance? Check

Total lack of awarness of how treating people like crap comes back to haunt you? Check

It is not as if none of us have ever given the man the benifit of the doubt. And the way Sean Taylor's death was handled was first class, but as time passes it becomes more and more clear that Mr. Snyder has learned little from his association with Gibbs.

I do beleive this offense needs time. I thought 3 years would be enough time. Al would be in his third year. I agree, give the offense a chance. However no of us are in the locker room or board rooms helping to make decisions. Maybe there is more to this than we know. Perhaps the family business(Redskins players, staff and ownership) is being kept in house. No airing dirty laundry. I beleive JG believed in this, keeping things in house. Not to discredit anyone to ruin futures.

Thanks Brettsr thats just what we need to do. Put our faith in an owner that has led the franchise to a total of 2 playoff wins and 3 playoff trips since he took over. Snyder has done nothing but take the name of a once proud franchise and run it straight to the gutter. We continue to be laughed at in the NFL community because he lets his ego get the best of him.and has a has been goon named Vinny that is soley there to nod in agreement with whatever is said.

Blind loyalty is out man....

Excuses, excuses, excuses. The bottom here is that GW is a good defensive coach not outstanding. Outstanding teams shut offenses DOWN. They shut them Down to become known as shut down defenses. They stop in critical times, dominate the line of scrimage, put fear into the receivers and running backs. Dare them to run or pass. Make them shake in their boots. The scores read like 10-0, 35-0, 21-3, 28-0. Not 21-24...35-38, 52-7. Baltimore did it and won a super Bowl on mere defense alone.

Richie Pettibon also tried to use a West Coast offense that didn't fit the personnel. I think if he had hired an offensive coordinator that fit more with the personnel he may have had more success. Don't forget we have Saunders, so there would be continuity unless they plan to get rid of him.

MC

From what I hear Snyder and Cerrato have soured on Saunders and they want to bring in someone else.

I think it is the Seahawks QB coach Jim Zorn. But everything is just a rumour right now, so do not hold me to that.

F danny ( he does not deserve to have a capital letter) No self respected person wnats to be with this team anymore , Players come here to get money thats it! Coaches .. hahahahahaha What coach is going to want to work with vinny the re re .. his promotion pretty much gives him aton of power... danny just leave dude go away go but the iggles and ruin them .. get the HELL OUT OF WASHINGTON YOU NON FOOTBALL PLAYING OR KNOWLEDGE OF THE GAME HAVING LITTLE RICH PUNK!!!!!

From what I hear Snyder and Cerrato have soured on Saunders and they want to bring in someone else.

I think it is the Seahawks QB coach Jim Zorn. But everything is just a rumour right now, so do not hold me to that.

As far as we know, that all could have just been attached to Fassel getting hired.

Right now, just about anything can happen. Not many options have been eliminated.

jason

F danny ( he does not deserve to have a capital letter) No self respected person wnats to be with this team anymore , Players come here to get money thats it! Coaches .. hahahahahaha What coach is going to want to work with vinny the re re .. his promotion pretty much gives him aton of power... danny just leave dude go away go but the iggles and ruin them .. get the HELL OUT OF WASHINGTON YOU NON FOOTBALL PLAYING OR KNOWLEDGE OF THE GAME HAVING LITTLE RICH PUNK!!!!!

Your right bro! :( I could not have said it better myself. :notworthy

Think about it

Wow thats sad. Maybe you've been out of it for 37 years. How do you expect our defense to dominate when they are on the field 70% of time cuz of our pathetic offense. We would always dominate in the beginning and then eventaully wear down in the 4th cuz they were just plain tired cuz they've been on the field due 2 our offense. and how can u even mention the pats game. in case you haven't notifed 7 of the points came on a campbell fumble. I no its not a lot compared to 52 but they are they best offense of all time, they've scored the most points in a season and o ya they r 18-0 goin on 19-0 wow.

Sorry, but doing what is best for the team isn't nessicarily rubberstamping Williams in for the job. While it certainly would be simple and easy, it means that Snyder didn't do his due dilligence.

Seriously, with every post you make in snyder's defense your value as a poster drops.

9 Wins and 8 losses this year says it all. Nothing dominating in this stat. Since we are still speculating, how do we not know that the future HC is not the one asking for Zorn and others to be on his staff? How do we know it's not GW?

Snyder doesn't have to report anything to the public. This is not a publicly traded company. It is privately owned. All he is required to do is stay compliant with the NFL's rules. The media is the one ruining everybody's attitude. We need to stop speculating and exercise a little restraint from 24 hour a day blah...blah...blah.

When the press conference is called, it will be made official. Until then, stay tuned.

I have over and over again... WERE SCREWED!

Snyder has just been awarded the DUMBASS award... Well everyone welcome to rebuilding year number 99999999999999999

This really sucks glad to know Dan has no care for those loyal to the team. I feel like washington just got sold to jerry jones im so sick to my stomach

Maybe Williams wants total control like Joe had.

this is what I'm starting to wonder as well.

What if, when Snyder talked about continuity, he meant it. But when he interviewed Gregg the first time, Gregg went all Marty on him and told him of his plans to fire Saunders, Bugel, Lazor and trade Portis, get a new QB,etc. Then Snyder thought best to keep looking.

Archived