Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Could this mess cause Gibbs to come back?

MCnDaHouse

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

He was fired. Obviously.

I'm not certain what caused you to come to that conclusion! :doh:

Even Boy Wonder (you know: "The Marketing Genius?!") wouldn't be stupid enough to fire JJ Gibbs! Joe Gibbs brought more value back to this franchise than anything Dan could possibly have done. He was already, at the insistence of all "insider's" accounts, ready to extend Joe's contract!

What happened is that Joe took the lipstick back to North Carolina and we're obviously still stuck with the pig!

You know: the ADULT left the building. Now Dan Jr and his little buddy are left to play fantasy football with OUR Washington Redskins ..

.. or so it seems (if you believe the Press!) :rolleyes:

I just threw the idea out for what it's worth. Stranger things have happened. Look how many coaches have taken other jobs and then come back.

It is mighty odd to me that Snyder would have Coach Gibbs call the other coaches. If the man is retired why would he be calling the coaches, why would that be in any way his responsibility. That's not an advisors role. That's what spurred this thought in my mind. It was a hard decision for Coach Gibbs and it sounds like he was going to come back till he made the trip home. He may have had time to reflect and could reconsider. In fact the hold up could be Snyder lobbying with him to do so.

I'm not so sure him coming back for just a year would be in our best interest unless they brought in someone for him to groom to be the next HC. So if he came back I would assume it would involve that or a bit longer stay. Heck, he could come back and be caretaker till Cowher is ready next year. The whole crux of the matter is we don't know what all scenarios they are looking at. And in the words of former teen queen Debbie Gibson, "Anything is Possible" LOL

For all we know they are putting it off till after the Super Bowl to work something out. Whether it be to buy more time to lobby Gibbs/Cowher/whoever....

MC

I just threw the idea out for what it's worth. Stranger things have happened. Look how many coaches have taken other jobs and then come back.

It is mighty odd to me that Snyder would have Coach Gibbs call the other coaches. If the man is retired why would he be calling the coaches, why would that be in any way his responsibility. That's not an advisors role. That's what spurred this thought in my mind. It was a hard decision for Coach Gibbs and it sounds like he was going to come back till he made the trip home. He may have had time to reflect and could reconsider. In fact the hold up could be Snyder lobbying with him to do so.

I'm not so sure him coming back for just a year would be in our best interest unless they brought in someone for him to groom to be the next HC. So if he came back I would assume it would involve that or a bit longer stay. Heck, he could come back and be caretaker till Cowher is ready next year. The whole crux of the matter is we don't know what all scenarios they are looking at. And in the words of former teen queen Debbie Gibson, "Anything is Possible" LOL

For all we know they are putting it off till after the Super Bowl to work something out. Whether it be to buy more time to lobby Gibbs/Cowher/whoever....

MC

I hear your point and hope you're on to something. One thing though, by retiring so suddenly, Gibbs left the entire staff "hanging out to dry" and totally in the hands of Snyder/Cerrato. Knowing him, he's feeling terrible about leaving all these guys and their families dangling in the wind. I would have loved to have seen Gibbs do what Holmgren is doing in Seattle; coaching one more season and giving the organization a full year to find replacements. It also gives all of his assistants time to look for jobs. That's a pretty classy thing to do. Maybe Gibbs saw this and wishes he had done the same?

Interesting, though I don't see it happening. I think they'll wait until the SB before making a decision regarding the head coach.

This thread is anything but interesting. It is THE most farfetched idea I've heard throughout the whole new Head Coach speculation.

Maybe that why it's taking so long. Danny is begging Gibbs to come back..

I wish but, I highly doubt it.

Some speculate the the extended wait is due to Snyder making one last push to get Cowher / interview personnel that are playing in the Super Bowl.

Archived