Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All In (Support for Head Coach. Merged & M.E.T.)

Stricknine

Sorry guys, Fassel will be the last straw, and I suffered through the Spurrier era.

I'm seriously going to have to stop following the team if this happens, because it is a clear statement that our owner is not about winning, but about hiring sycophants and patsies to massage his bloated ego.

It's just a dysfunctional relationship that needs to be put to rest. On the field heartache is one thing, but driving the franchise into the ground brick by brick while your loyal fan base screams in vain is quite another.

If there was an alection held among Redskins fans today between Fassel and GW, Fassel would be absolutely crushed.

GIVE THE FANS WHAT WE WANT!!!

And what is it that the fans want besides winning?

I wasn't aware everyone mutually agreed on something. :)

GIVE THE FANS WHAT WE WANT!!!

That's the stupidest comment I've ever heard. He's gonna do what's best for the team. If Dan gave the fans what we want, then he'd be here on ES looking at those polls to see who we wanted.

Obviously GW isn't best for the job, or he'd be signed a few days ago. Is it that hard to understand?

Respect who they choose and hope for the best.

blah, blah, blah

You say that now, but we will see about that come pre-season and September. :laugh:

If you bleed B&G, you can't help it. Whether you are cheering the team on or screaming at your TV set, you'll pour heart and soul into the team's fortunes when they take the field in 2008 b/c we are Redskin fans.

It is what we do.

Just admit it. :)

NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's the stupidest comment I've ever heard. He's gonna do what's best for the team. If Dan gave the fans what we want, then he'd be here on ES looking at those polls to see who we wanted.

Obviously GW isn't best for the job, or he'd be signed a few days ago. Is it that hard to understand?

No need to attack anyone and call them stupid.

He's gonna do what's best for the team. .

No, he does what he THINKS is best for the team. If you look at his number of coaches vs. his number of years of ownership, that's not exactly a good indicator that his choices are best by any means. What the team really needs is a GM.

I'm with you there.

At this point I want a coach who isn't going to change the coaching and players that much only as needed (i.e. we have way to many assistant coaches,B Lloyd) But what I want is a new team philosophy. A we are not going to roll over and play dead when we have a lead, we are going to stick with what works even if teams know it is coming, etc.

If Fassel is that guy I am fine with it, If it is Williams I am fine with that too.

Im just gonna say this and then take a deep cleansing breath and try and relax. I am a Redskins fan. Through and through. No matter who they choose, Im all in. Fassel would not be my first choice, but this roster with a few tweaks here and there(namely another pass rushing DE and a youth movement towards Oline) could make any coach look at least decent. We have talent folks. We even have a little depth at places. Fassel is by no means an idiot. His offense cant be hard to pick up. With the talent here, fundamental football will win games. I will never give up on these guys. Its not in me. No matter who the HC is...Williams or Fassel...hell, even if Vinny's first move as EVP is to name himself Coach...I will scream for them to win until my throat gives out. My emotions have run the gamut lately, but in the end I love this team...worship them even. Coach, whoever you are...Im on your side and rooting for you. That I promise. :logo:

I'd love to say that I echo your sentiments 100%...but I'd be a liar if I did. I will always be a Redskins fan, but a Fassel hire would do major damage to my affection for the franchise. Not the colors, nor the actual players or the uniform...but it would severely alienate me from management. Possibly enough for me to root for them to fail. I could absolutely never be a fan of another NFL team...but if the Fassel thing were to come to pass, I would not have a team to pull for. :(

Why make this move? Gregg Williams has the respect of the team, staff, and the fans. Snyder makes no sense. A new coach can't use the motivation of losing Sean Taylor because he wasn't there. Williams helped them through the passing of Sean Taylor, they are closer to each other then they have ever been. This is soo stupid. Thanks Snyder

I try to make Atlanta Falcons my team since I live here in Atlanta. But I was raised as a 'skins fan. Grew up in Md. watching George Allen and the Over-The-Hill-Gang. I can't cheer for anyone else, unless one or both of my sons are playing on their team. That's why i hope the 'skins draft them someday.

Well at least ES gets the hat trick. We've managed to have pretty good meltdowns on 3 different Coaches being the "Next Head Coach" and we're just into a couple of weeks into it all.

PCS, as I am sure you well know, that hat trick will be just a warm up if and when someone such as Fossel is anounced as HC. :laugh:

I'll be the first to admit that when I heard some of these names that pop up (i.e., Pete Carroll, Fassel, Mora Jr, etc.) my initial reaction was "Dear God no..." Hell, my second, third, and fourth reaction were all the same. Nearly all of us want Williams. And I too believe he is the right man for the job. But do anyone of us know with full certanty that Williams will bring us a Super Bowl and Fassel will bring us the 1st pick in the draft? Absolutely not.

And neither does Dan Snyder. That's why he's doing his best, taking his time, and trying to make IN HIS MIND what the right decesion is. We can critize him all we want but he's doing what each and every single one of would do - try to find the best man to lead our beloved team.

That brings me to my next point - everyone is crying about the team blowing up and Fassel coming in. Some idiot also put his seaon tickets for sale if Fassel is named coach. Are you ****ing kidding me? Seriously? If Fassel was our coach and we had three 0-16 seasons in a row and he was still coach for some miraculous reason and if I was a season ticket holder I would still be at EVERY SINGLE ****ING GAME supporting my team!

So if it's not Williams, do the exact same thing you would do if he was named head coach - give him your support, show him that you are with him 100% and you want him to lead this frannchise to the Super Bowl. Regardless if all of our coaching staff is here, all of them are replaced, or somewhere in between, you can be damn certain that I will support this team in the same exact way I have been doing so my entire life.

So here's to you - both to Snyder and our next head coach - for being the leader of our organization off the field and on the field. And know that us true Redskins fans will meet you with applause (albeit with expectations) when you give your welcome speech.

Archived