Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All In (Support for Head Coach. Merged & M.E.T.)

Stricknine

Im just gonna say this and then take a deep cleansing breath and try and relax. I am a Redskins fan. Through and through. No matter who they choose, Im all in. Fassel would not be my first choice, but this roster with a few tweaks here and there(namely another pass rushing DE and a youth movement towards Oline) could make any coach look at least decent. We have talent folks. We even have a little depth at places. Fassel is by no means an idiot. His offense cant be hard to pick up. With the talent here, fundamental football will win games. I will never give up on these guys. Its not in me. No matter who the HC is...Williams or Fassel...hell, even if Vinny's first move as EVP is to name himself Coach...I will scream for them to win until my throat gives out. My emotions have run the gamut lately, but in the end I love this team...worship them even. Coach, whoever you are...Im on your side and rooting for you. That I promise. :logo:

I agree but if this is a big turnover in coaching i'm going to rest uneasy as I give all my faith again to the burgundy and gold.

If there isnt going to be continuity then why do all the dog and pony show 2 weeks ago about how close they all think we are and how coninuity is key.

Ultimately I still believe we are looking at GW and AS staying with a slight cleaning of some of the old line guys other than Bugel

Look, I agree with the way you feel, however, HC play a major role in how a team performs week in and week out. I will cheer for this team no matter who walks our sidelines as HC, but if Fassel is the man they choose I fear for the direction this FO is taking the team. It is only leading us down the short path of 6 years ago, when old FA came here to get paid and not perform. (the list is too long to type)

I'm with you on the cheer for my team no matte what, but it was embarrrassing telling other folks that I was a skins fan, 6 short years ago.

Look, I agree with the way you feel, however, HC play a major role in how a team performs week in and week out. I will cheer for this team no matter who walks our sidelines as HC, but if Fassel is the man they choose I fear for the direction this FO is taking the team. It is only leading us down the short path of 6 years ago, when old FA came here to get paid and not perform. (the list is too long to type)

I'm with you on the cheer for my team no matte what, but it was embarrrassing telling other folks that I was a skins fan, 6 short years ago.

Ive never been embarrassed to say I was a Skins fan.

Blind loyalty is the reason Dan can charge whatever he wants for tickets, parking, concessions, merchandise, etc.

If this team does not start to win games in line with what they charge fans and pay players, it's time to start holding them accountable instead of cheering them for 1st round playoff exits.

Ill still root for the team. I just wont pour my heart and soul into it anymore. Not with Fassel. I cant see myself supporting this desicion.

That's exactly what I'm saying, I felt the same way when Spurrier was hired, and Lord knows how that debacle turned out.

I will root for this team no matter what, but having a HC like Fassel, no more buying redskins gear or going to the games.

Just watching from home is all I will do.

Yes... oh nevermind.

Of course we are going to continue to cheer and believe the next coaching regime is going to win and take us to the Superbowl.

I just hope we get the most out of the talent we have on this roster now instead of having to go through another rebuilding cycle. We are playoff team, why not continue that momentum?

It will be interesting to see how the players respond...especially the ones that said they would restructure to stay here.

I was wonderin the samething, alot of our key players need to restructure because of the salary cap, I wonder if they can hold the fire to DS's feet with who he brings in as coach???

I have a feeling that even if I HATE the coach we hire, come next season I will be fully behind him. I HATED firing Marty for Spurrier and didn't believe for a minute that Spurrier would succeed, but I was all in that year and fully behind the team as much as ever when the season started.

I'm sure I haven't changed that much since then.

I honestly don't care who is coach at this point. I mean I do care, but I just want a damn decision already so we can look forward to and debate what we need to do to win next season.

Long term, I don't want GW as head coach. He rubs me the wrong way with his arrogance. However, he might be the best choice for the team right now so there is the least amount of change.

I wouldn't mind somebody young coming in who hasn't been a head coach yet. I think it makes everyone feel better if we get a coach who has had experience and success in the NFL.

If we blow it up and start new, just get Petey C. or Billy C.

Fassel two time coach of the year and led a team to the Super Bowl with Kerry Collins at QB. I actually think he would be a good hire. I will be happy to see Weird Al leave, and maybe GW stays on board. People aren't exactly beating down GW door with Head Coach offers, where is he going to make more money then he is now?

People on this board are freaking out, I guess it is called "Extreme" Skins.

Fassel two time coach of the year and led a team to the Super Bowl with Kerry Collins at QB. I actually think he would be a good hire. I will be happy to see Weird Al leave, and maybe GW stays on board. People aren't exactly beating down GW door with Head Coach offers, where is he going to make more money then he is now?

People on this board are freaking out, I guess it is called "Extreme" Skins.

Naw, it's actually a message board where people share how they

feel about things....:)

Hey, if Norv Turner could turn it around in San Diego, maybe Fassell could turn it around in Washington!

Nevermind that San Diego has one of the best FOs in the league, while we have ... Vinny ... :doh:

Norv turned them around? He must have turned them around 360 degrees. That team was set when he got there. Just like Wade Phillips turned Dallas around.

Ill still root for the team. I just wont pour my heart and soul into it anymore. Not with Fassel. I cant see myself supporting this desicion.

blah, blah, blah

You say that now, but we will see about that come pre-season and September. :laugh:

If you bleed B&G, you can't help it. Whether you are cheering the team on or screaming at your TV set, you'll pour heart and soul into the team's fortunes when they take the field in 2008 b/c we are Redskin fans.

It is what we do.

Just admit it. :)

Sorry guys, Fassel will be the last straw, and I suffered through the Spurrier era.

I'm seriously going to have to stop following the team if this happens, because it is a clear statement that our owner is not about winning, but about hiring sycophants and patsies to massage his bloated ego.

It's just a dysfunctional relationship that needs to be put to rest. On the field heartache is one thing, but driving the franchise into the ground brick by brick while your loyal fan base screams in vain is quite another.

If there was an alection held among Redskins fans today between Fassel and GW, Fassel would be absolutely crushed.

GIVE THE FANS WHAT WE WANT!!!

Archived