Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins in super bowl

skinsfan1523

Guest ComebackKing
Did anyone else get that feeling after watching the Giants Packers game that that could have easly have been us going to the super bowl today. Man we were close, I think next year will be great. Well as long as danny don't mess up.
It is weird to think we layed the smackdown on the Giants in week 15... Very weird indeed.

Did anyone else get that feeling after watching the Giants Packers game that that could have easly have been us going to the super bowl today. Man we were close, I think next year will be great. Well as long as danny don't mess up.

Nope

The difference is that the Giants have learned how not to choke. If we could do the same thing, we would be playing in the Superbowl. Good for them.

I hope the Skins can man up next season. The cowpies will be good again, the giants will have momentum, and the eagles will be looking to have a winning season. Divisional games will decide it all once again, and whoever can play without choking will win. I feel like we are the underdog.

I absolutely thought that the Redskins could have been there. Once you get into the playoffs its like starting over 0-0, and anything can happen. The Redskins played ANY Team in the playoffs close during the regular season with the exception of Seattle. It was up for grabs and Seattle crushed us. Better luck next season.

Except for the fact the Redskins were routed when they had a chance. Please !!

Definitely had that feeling. Like I said in another thread, I hate these "coulda, woulda, shoulda" speculations.

Wait a minute PEOPLE!

Yes, we beat the Giants in week 15, but they were a different team that seemed to "turn it on" for the Pats game and have not turned it off since.

The Redskinse, on the other hand, couldn't get out of their own way to beat the weak Seahawks - although they were leading in the second half.

The Giants deserved to go to the SB because they went toe-to-toe with three straight teams on the road and beat them. Maybe if the skins could beat at least more than one team on the road in the "Payloffs" we could be going to the SB Too.

So, please stop this nonsense about "The Skins could have been doing all the things the Giants have been and be in the same spot." I love the Skins, but not this year.

I did say..."why can't that be us?"..lol...The Giants have played their hearts/guts out for this...I hope they do well against NE. How many teams do you know that can go on the road in the playoffs as the wildcard and win each game on the road to get to the SB? I don't know of many.

No different than in 05. Except in 05 if we had made it we could have easily won the game. This year? LOL

I still think that the big mistake was bring back Brunell hurt after Ramsey closed out the Giants for him. Ramsey would have given us a chance to win those playoff games.

It all goes back to week 3 when we couldn't punch it in against the Giants. If we had won that game, the G-men would have been 0-3 possibly with a mutiny....instead, it pulled them together. And as for the Redskins, it would have put us at 3-0 and quite possibly given the team the confidence to not blow so many 2nd half leads.

But of course it's all speculation at this point...

There were so many teams that could have won the NFC Championship and made the Super Bowl. I can't belive that the Giants won it...but it just goes to show that the NFC was wide open and the Skins had it in their hands and let it slip away. A few more home wins would have made the difference.

Being from the NY area makes this epspecially difficult. I hate the Giants and I hate their fans. They will not win the superbowl...they don't even deserve to be there. They will take the 'a' out of "champ" and replace it with a 'u'.

Archived