Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins in super bowl

skinsfan1523

Did anyone else get that feeling after watching the Giants Packers game that that could have easly have been us going to the super bowl today. Man we were close, I think next year will be great. Well as long as danny don't mess up.

No, not for one second. The Giants came together as a team week three against us in the second half. We started coming apart about that same time and it took Sean's death and Jason's injury to pull it all back together for a few weeks.

The Giants are a way better TEAM than we are. They are balanced on both sides of the ball and they have consistency of coaching and personnel.

Very good defense has been the only reason we were competitive every week for most of four years.

I'm a terrible homer and can make a case for us beating everybody including New England but that's just wishful thinking and it's wishful thinking picturing us in the Superbowl any time soon. Not impossible. Just not likely.

I just remember being beatin badly by the Pats what 45-7 or 52-7 (lost count). Yes I would been happy getting there, but facing Patriots in the S.B., ugh!

My thoughts exactly. Even if we had gone to the SB and lost yet again to the Pats we would have been the lauging stock once again. Let another team get that honor (if the Pats don't lose that is)!

Did anyone else get that feeling after watching the Giants Packers game that that could have easly have been us going to the super bowl today. Man we were close, I think next year will be great. Well as long as danny don't mess up.

No, Our big time players dont step up in big games, they do not know how to win or what it takes to be champions.

Let me see. I seem to remember a 21 point loss to Seattle so, no the skins were not close and no it couldn't have been the skins going to the superbowl. Had that been a 3 point loss with numerous opportunities to have won the game, then yes.

Well we did have numerous oppurtunities to win that game if you remeber correctly. Like scoring a touchdown after we recovered the kickoff. Or even making a field goal, so that Seattle has to get in the endzone to win. They scored all their points in the last 5 minutes two TD's coming off of interception returns. Seattle is very tough to beat at home, but they are bums on the road, example Green Bay.

It's the NFC East - you've always got to be concerned. I don't see Philly being all that big a threat outside the NFCE, but you never know. Cowpukes could continue to be good, but I'm thinking they're due for a slight decline. Much of the outlook depends upon the HC issue and number of changes we see before next season. If there's stabillity, I'd say 2nd place isn't unreasonable.

im not feeling good about our chances next year in our division. the giants have improved greatly. the cowboys are still good. and the eagles shouldnt be forgotten. i think it will be a struggle to get 3rd in the division. anyone else have these concerns?

Archived