Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How come springs gets no love?

rythymtaylor

These threads are always amusing. Someone will look at a microcosm and proclaim "why does EVERYONE hate/like -------"

I'm sure most of the replies will like Springs' game, but we're all unsure if he'll return b/c of this salary situation. I hope he does, but the most we can expect out of him is 12 games. We'll need youth at the position soon.

I think that because he was unwilling to take a paycut last year and this year looks to be the same way. I can't say that I blame him, but sometimes he can overinflate his value by not taking a pay cut. Because he is due so much money, it is doubtful that a team would pay him what he would want, based on the fact that he has missed so much time over the years. I really like Springs, but I guess the sentiment that I peceive from other fans is that he is unwilling to negotiate his contract with the redskins and he doesn't want to move positions, also that he is hurt quite a bit. That is my take on it.

i don't like shawn shpringsh, becush everytime he shez shumthing with an esh, he makes it shound like an esh.

and he grew up a cowboy fan.:dallasuck redskins should always do thier homework and never ever ever hire any former cowboys, whether they be players, coaches, children or fans.

:applause:and this icon sort of looks like wanking.

These threads are always amusing. Someone will look at a microcosm and proclaim "why does EVERYONE hate/like -------"

I'm sure most of the replies will like Springs' game, but we're all unsure if he'll return b/c of this salary situation. I hope he does, but the most we can expect out of him is 12 games. We'll need youth at the position soon.

Its funny, four seasons Springs has been a member of this team and every year someone says something like "he's never healthy...."

Its really an ignorant thing to say b/c Springs has played in 55 of 64 games as a Redskin. That's 85.9% percent of the time he's on the field, yet your prediction is that the "most we can expect out of him is 12 games." 12 games would mean 75% of the season. Why is that the most we can expect, given the fact that he's played 85.9% of the time?

Furthermore, if you eliminate last season, in which he played 9 games, he's played 46 of 48 games in his three other seasons with us, which equates to 95.8%.

The only other players I can think of who play offense or defense with regularity who have played in more games over the same four year span are Chris Cooley & Casey Rabach. That makes Springs the 3rd most reliable player on this team, and the MOST reliable defensive player.

So why do you think we can only count on him for 12 games next season?

He is good and I'm glad he is on our team but he is a injury waiting to happen, has been his whole career and he is a cowboy fan who has said Dan Snyder writes his check so for now he is a redskin.

Its funny, four seasons Springs has been a member of this team and every year someone says something like "he's never healthy...."

Its really an ignorant thing to say b/c Springs has played in 55 of 64 games as a Redskin. That's 85.9% percent of the time he's on the field, yet your prediction is that the "he is an injury waiting to happen." Why is he an injury waiting to happen, given the fact that he's played 85.9% of the time?

Furthermore, if you eliminate last season, in which he played 9 games, he's played 46 of 48 games in his three other seasons with us, which equates to 95.8%.

The only other players I can think of who play offense or defense with regularity who have played in more games over the same four year span are Chris Cooley & Casey Rabach. That makes Springs the 3rd most reliable player on this team, and the MOST reliable defensive player.

So why do you think he's an injury waiting to happen?

Archived