Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How come springs gets no love?

rythymtaylor

Its funny, four seasons Springs has been a member of this team and every year someone says something like "he's never healthy...."

Its really an ignorant thing to say b/c Springs has played in 55 of 64 games as a Redskin. That's 85.9% percent of the time he's on the field, yet your prediction is that the "most we can expect out of him is 12 games." 12 games would mean 75% of the season. Why is that the most we can expect, given the fact that he's played 85.9% of the time?

Furthermore, if you eliminate last season, in which he played 9 games, he's played 46 of 48 games in his three other seasons with us, which equates to 95.8%.

The only other players I can think of who play offense or defense with regularity who have played in more games over the same four year span are Chris Cooley & Casey Rabach. That makes Springs the 3rd most reliable player on this team, and the MOST reliable defensive player.

So why do you think we can only count on him for 12 games next season?

He dressed 85.9% there have been a few games where he played one snap and didn't play for the rest of the game. He has also been known to play portions of games. Even our coaching staff knows this and they have said it was the reason they used him sparingly the first half of the season so they can have him later. You can go by games he played but how many did he start and play at a high level?

He dressed 85.9% there have been a few games where he played one snap and didn't play for the rest of the game. He has also been known to play portions of games. Even our coaching staff knows this and they have said it was the reason they used him sparingly the first half of the season so they can have him later. You can go by games he played but how many did he start and play at a high level?

You can't play a position like CB at a low level or at 50%. Bottom line is, he was healthy enough to dress, which has happened many more times than his much younger counterparts, Smoot and Rogers. So again, why the illogical argument that he's not healthy or reliable when he's been the most reliable defensive player we've had the past four seasons?

You can't play a position like CB at a low level or at 50%. Bottom line is, he was healthy enough to dress, which has happened many more times than his much younger counterparts, Smoot and Rogers. So again, why the illogical argument that he's not healthy or reliable when he's been the most reliable defensive player we've had the past four seasons?

Can you name all of springs injuries over the past 4 years? His whole career he has had nagging injuries. He has a well earned reputation around the whole league as a injury prone Corner. Tell me how many times he has been on the injury report? Tell me how many games he dresseed that he didn't finish the game. The guy is elite when healthy the problem is we get maybe 12 elite games from him a year. The coaching staff even knows this and said they were saving him for the end of the year. What don't you get about that?

Can you name all of springs injuries over the past 4 years? His whole career he has had nagging injuries. He has a well earned reputation around the whole league as a injury prone Corner. Tell me how many times he has been on the injury report? Tell me how many games he dresseed that he didn't finish the game. The guy is elite when healthy the problem is we get maybe 12 elite games from him a year. The coaching staff even knows this and said they were saving him for the end of the year. What don't you get about that?

what don't you get about the fact that most of the guys make it on the injury report several times a season. how many elite games a year do we get out of cornelius griffin? 6? phillip daniels? 4? marcus washington? 8?

Using your logic, every single player on the team is injury prone and carries nagging injuries throughout a season. Springs just happens to be the most reliable one we have on the defensive side of the ball. Had London Fletcher been here the past four years Springs would have been #2, but there are plenty of other guys you should be making this argument about BEFORE Springs. What don't YOU get about that?

A friend of mine, Seahawks fan, correctly pointed out Springs MO.

1. Contract year: No injuries and plays like an all-pro

2. Non Contract year: Injury prone

3. Non Contract year: Injury Prone

4. Contract year: No injuries and plays like an all-pro

Insert just about any other player in the league for this tag line.

Breaking news: NFL Player has all-pro-like season in final year of contract. details at 11............

what don't you get about the fact that most of the guys make it on the injury report several times a season. how many elite games a year do we get out of cornelius griffin? 6? phillip daniels? 4? marcus washington? 8?

Using your logic, every single player on the team is injury prone and carries nagging injuries throughout a season. Springs just happens to be the most reliable one we have on the defensive side of the ball. Had London Fletcher been here the past four years Springs would have been #2, but there are plenty of other guys you should be making this argument about BEFORE Springs. What don't YOU get about that?

:laugh: don't set your standards too high You named two guys who do have the same problem as springs. Griffin has had 2 healthy seasons in his career last year he played but he stunk do to the fact he had a bad hip. Phillip Daniels do you really want to put Springs in the same bunch? That pretty much sums it up, he is injury prone. Marcus Washington has had two major injuries and has not had problems year after year. Springs has had one healthy year with us and even in that year he couldn't go in the playoffs (05) That was followed by a year that he didn't even get out of camp because of a bad groin/sports hernia and bad hammy through out the year. Stop comparing him to guys on our team who also have injury problems. Compare him to players that you want to put him in the same category with.

:laugh: don't set your standards too high You named too guys who do have the same problem as springs. Griffin has had 2 healthy seasons in his career last year he played but he stunk do to the fact he had a bad hip. Phillip Daniels do you really want to put Springs in the same bunch? That pretty much sums it up, he is injury prone. Marcus Washington has had two major injuries and has not had problems year after year. Springs has had one healthy year with us and even in that year he couldn't go in the playoffs (05) That was followed by a year that he didn't even get out of camp because of a bad groin/sports hernia and bad hammy through out the year. Stop comparing him to guys on our team who also have injury problems. Compare him to players that you want to put him in the same category with.

What?

I can't compare him to other players? who should I compare him to, the towel boy?

he's been healthier than the following regular starters on D:

Salavaea'

Wynn

Daniels

Griffin

Washington

Arrington

Smoot

Rogers

You need to stop comparing him to some pie in the sky ideology that says football players go throughout an entire NFL season nicked-free, pain-free, injury-free.

Acknowledge that football players are gonna be nicked-up all season long and then you will understand the argument that I have made. jeeze.......

"Springs had one healthy year" LMAO dude. he played 15 games for us twice, and 16 games for us once.

What?

I can't compare him to other players? who should I compare him to, the towel boy?

Salavaea'

Wynn

Daniels

Griffin

Washington

Arrington

Smoot

Rogers

For "starters" three of those players aren't even on our team any more. Due to being old/declining skills/injury prone etc. Springs is a good corner, don't get me wrong here but you cannot say oh hes better than these starters when those guys aren't on the team for the most part. We are getting younger across the board on this team, better drafts and generally better signings - hence the improved play in the last year or so.

The problem with Springs is not him on the field as his play there is good for the most part. Its the $9 million cap salary or whatever ridiculous price it is at now. He won't restructure and therefore leaves us in a bit of a bind with a figure like that. Unless that changes this year I just cannot see the FO keeping him on the books. I can see him, Lloyd and Brunell leaving this year for sure.

What?

Salavaea'

Wynn

Daniels

Griffin

Washington

Arrington

Smoot

Rogers

You need to stop comparing him to some pie in the sky ideology that says football players go throughout an entire NFL season nicked-free, pain-free, injury-free.

Acknowledge that football players are gonna be nicked-up all season long and then you will understand the argument that I have made. jeeze.......

"Springs had one healthy year" LMAO dude. he played 15 games for us twice, and 16 games for us once.

Yes, one 04, in 05 he was injured in Arizona and only played 1/3 of the game and was bothered the rest of the season playing in spot duty and couldn't even go during the playoffs They go down as starts but he sat on the sideline for halfs at a time down the stretch when we had to win the final 4 to get into the playoffs. LMAO dude. You consider this past year a healthy year for him? Its easy for you to go to NFL.com and look at stats but do you watch the team and see when he is not playing and affected by injury? Please answer this one question Why do you think the coaches kept him from starting and on the sidlines in the first half of the season? We can go back and forth all day but please answer that question?

Yes, one 04, in 05 he was injured in Arizona and only played 1/3 of the game and was bothered the rest of the season playing in spot duty and couldn't even go during the playoffs They go down as starts but he sat on the sideline for halfs at a time down the stretch when we had to win the final 4 to get into the playoffs. LMAO dude. You consider this past year a healthy year for him? Its easy for you to go to NFL.com and look at stats but do you watch the team and see when he is not playing and affected by injury? Please answer this one question Why do you think the coaches kept him from starting and on the sidlines in the first half of the season? We can go back and forth all day but please answer that question?

Three good CB's, simple. Plus, most teams incorporate three WR sets so all three CB's get on the field quite a bit. is THAT your only argument?

Three good CB's, simple. Plus, most teams incorporate three WR sets so all three CB's get on the field quite a bit. is THAT your only argument?

Three good CB's :laugh: agree to disagree you are cherry picking, thank you for attempting to answer the one question though. We can agree he is good and should be on the team. I think he has the skill to be and all pro. In 2004 He was robbed he should have made the pro bowl. After that he has not played too his talent do to whatever reason you want to atrribute that to. I say its because he has battled groin injuries and leg problems. These are the same problems he had in Seattle. That is the only thing keeping him from being a top 5 corner. As to why he wasn't playing Gregg Williams himself said the reason he played sparingly in the first half of the season was beacause they rather have him in November in December. You can take that anyway you want but that statement from our defesive cordinator is pretty black and white.

Three good CB's :laugh: agree to disagree you are cherry picking, thank you for attempting to answer the one question though. We can agree he is good and should be on the team. I think he has the skill to be and all pro. In 2004 He was robbed he should have made the pro bowl. After that he has not played too his talent do to whatever reason you want to atrribute that to. I say its because he has battled groin injuries and leg problems. These are the same problems he had in Seattle. That is the only thing keeping him from being a top 5 corner. As to why he wasn't playing Gregg Williams himself said the reason he played sparingly in the first half of the season was beacause they rather have him in November in December. You can take that anyway you want but that statement from our defesive cordinator is pretty black and white.

Yeah I said "good", not "great."

I DO agree about the fact that 2004 was his best season as a skin. he absolutely was robbed of a pro bowl invite that year..........but we all know how this league works when it comes to perception and the pro bowl (John Lynch, anyone? Brian Urlacher, Ray Lewis.........hell, even Chris Samuels if we're being honest here).

consummate skin. Dedicated and a class act :point2sky :point2sky :point2sky :point2sky :point2sky :point2sky :point2sky :point2sky

Seems pretty intelligent in interviews too. 4 INT's this season. Springs naysayers don't watch games or track stats...gotta be one or the other.

Look at Seahawks game got burnt like toast . Could not cover the pass at all that game. Cost us big time. I do feel for his family and him.

Yeah, so, so did Al Harris last night, does that erase his entire season, which was very good or does that only happen to Springs? When you play a lot of man to man, sometimes the corner gets beat. It happens. Doesn't hurt that Hasselbeck and Holmgren practiced with him everyday for years. They got him on a double move or two and beat him with some well placed throws. That doesn't change the fact that he had an excellent season or that, as usual THE OFFENSE LOST US THAT GAME!

Archived