Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Glazer on Fox pregame: Grimm did not interview, Leslie Frazier will...

wilbur58z

He said the Cardinals never gave permission to interview Grimm. It didn't happen.

He also said they're going to interview Leslie Frazier.

Williams interviews today.

He said Jim Mora Jr. is also a possibility for an interview.

Me and Dan would have to have words if he hired Jim Mora Jr. Also, do not hire Pete Carroll, college coaches haven't been working out in the NFL recently

Carrol has plenty of NFL experience. I'm not saying we should hire him, but just calling him a "college coach" isn't accurate, imo.

Yet, he'll forever be known as the "coach between Parcells and Belichick" for the Patriots.

But, in four years coaching the NFL- one with the Jets and three with the Pats, he holds a mediocre 33-31 record, with a 1-2 record in the playoffs. Before being named the Jets head coach for the 1994 season, Carroll had spent the past decade as an assistant coach for the Bills and Vikings, and then in 1990, the DC of the Jets.

So, yes, calling him a college guy would be off the mark. But as a coach, his success has come in college with USC, and if he were to retire now, that's where his legacy would be.

Hummmm.....Carroll would be interesting.

No way. Carroll coming here would be a disaster, plus it is not going to happen. The guy bombed twice in the NFL not to mention he has it made at USC. I guess one benefit is he is used to coaching guys who are being paid to play.

No way. Carroll coming here would be a disaster, plus it is not going to happen. The guy bombed twice in the NFL not to mention he has it made at USC. I guess one benefit is he is used to coaching guys who are being paid to play.

He made the playoffs twice in 3 seasons with the Patriots. Not exactly bombing.

I hate the idea of a college coach coming in, but look at what Jimmy Johnson did. He was pretty darn successful and he was the co personnel man who helped put together the Cowboys 90 super bowl teams. I don't know if Pete Carroll is necessarily an NFL type of coach. While he seems like he would get along with the players fine, he might also be too loose and the players wouldn't respect him.

On ESPN earlier this morning.....they also said the Grimm rumors were a hoax.

They also said that Pete Carroll was still high on our list to interview.

I think ESPN has absolutely no clue what's going on right now. They're mentioning Carroll because he's a big name guy. Mort said Grimm interviewed but apparently retracted this later. I think this thing gets wrapped next week, they'll bring in Jim Mora Jr. and Leslie Frazier this week, then announce Williams as the new HC.

Archived