Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New coach? Why not John Madden?

RIPSean

Funny you mention Madden.

If Snyder had been the owner in 1981, I'm sure that Madden would have been the guy he would have gone hot and heavy for and would not have even looked at this no name guy from the San Diego Chargers.

ExtremeSkins 1981: "I mean come on, we all know it's Don Coryell's team and who the hell couldn't run an offense with a guy like Dan Fouts in charge? We are so close to winning, we need "continuity". We should either promote Richie or go get Madden. Just say no to Joe Gibbs."

Thank goodness we had somebody named Bobby Beathard who actually went out and got us Joe Gibbs and did not settle for the easy hire.

Funny you mention Madden.

If Snyder had been the owner in 1981, I'm sure that Madden would have been the guy he would have gone hot and heavy for and would not have even looked at this no name guy from the San Diego Chargers.

ExtremeSkins 1981: "I mean come on, we all know it's Don Coryell's team and who the hell couldn't run an offense with a guy like Dan Fouts in charge? We are so close to winning, we need "continuity". We should either promote Richie or go get Madden. Just say no to Joe Gibbs."

Thank goodness we had somebody named Bobby Beathard who actually went out and got us Joe Gibbs and did not settle for the easy hire.

You took the words right out of my mouth about 7 posts up from yours lol.

I say we get someone else from the past into the organization. Someone who has coached with Washington before. Someone who has worked with Dan Snyder. A Marty disciple. Former Redskins offensive coordinator, Jimmy Raye. :)

That actually caused physical pain just to type. ;)

Archived