Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Black candidates

Robbnva

First off I want to apologize to all who want to bash me but I have searched and really didn't see anything specifically about this.

To let everyone know first I am white and I don't care about black or white coaches, I just want someone who can do the job! Since I grew up in the area in a diverse area I know that anyone is capable of doing anything if they put their mind to it. I also know that DC has been given the nickname of "Chocolate City" so wouldn't the idea of a Black Head Coach in the Nations Capital be a sign of the Redskins moving forward and rectifying the fact they were the last team to have a black player and it was basically forced upon them.

NOW I have read this board all week of Williams, Cowher, Carroll, Grim, etc, etc, etc but no real names of Black Coaches who should get a shot. I know the rooney rule requires atleast 1 to be interviewed but are there any OCs or DCs out there that truly deserve a shot. I would love the experts of ES to pony up some names that Redskins could consider as a Black Head Coach.

Look on the front page, here, currently to find at least one candidate (Singletary) being discussed.

Sorry When I seached Black in thread title & in posts and since nothing was mentioned in that post about him being black it did not come in the search. I will read that thread now and I would appreciate it if you could close this down or merge it and please have mercy on my soul.

Marvin Lewis. I thought he should have gotten a shot once they let Spurrier go. He was a good candidate. I think that they will interview Singletary though, since he is on the the market.

Marvin was already head coach for the Bengals when Spurrier resigned.

I was thinking more along the lines of samoan.

The only person I can think of is Norm Chow who is the titans offensive coordinator. I think hes from Hawaii. Although with Chow as the last name you have to wonder is his ancestory is Korean or chinese.

Archived