Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NBC Sports--Schwartz "Frontrunner" For Skins Job

rtandler

I really hope Snyder knows what he's doing. Now look, Schwartz is a smart man. He went to Georgetown University, which is a top tier school, and majored in economics(kinda like Bill Belichick). I guess Snyder thinks Schwartz is the next Bill Belichick because of his major in college :rolleyes:

Good...I want someone younger to come in and "blow this team away" it's what we need.

All this talk about continuity is bs.

Gibbs is gone...there's no continuity left worth having-what are we getting mad about...trying to perserve 9-7 or 31-36?

Plus this Scwartz guy prob runs a very similar system defensively to Gregg.

At least it's not the 3-4 of Cowher.

Young and hungry coach.....I like it.

If he's the best guy for the job and may do a better job than Gregg then hire him.

Wow big spin by me

I myself don't really have a front runner in my mind...i feel whoever Dan, Gibbs, and i guess Joe T think is the best for the job I will take a look at and probably support him (until he F's up of course), but i am just curious to see how the GW die hards will spin this...because every single rumor and the news of this interview was spun out of control to make themselves and everyone else believe that GW is still the next coach of the Skins...

Im gonna just play devils advocate here, because I think Grilliams is a great candidate , but maybe Danny is thinking about :

a) The Antonio Pierce situation

B) Lavar's situation

c) Ryan Clark's situation

d) Who was the #1 guy who wanted Archuletta? Grilliams was, and then he was demoted to being in "packages" (granted he sucked anyway)

e) The things said in the Tom Friend article from 2006

f) His experience at Buffalo

And on top of all of that, he may not have a great relationship with him in the first place. I'm just saying, he is the owner and he cant just HAND it to Williams, he has to view him as a head coach, which is very different from a coordinator (see Turner, Norval).

So be happy that Danny is at least trying to pick a good candidate, instead of automatically thinking it'll work with Williams, cause theres a chance it may not.

Archived