Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Could the Skins get Patriots lost pick

Hard_Hitters88

I've been think since the patriots have lost the actually pick due to spygate and us losing are star saftey in the middle of this season maybe their could be a possibilty of us getting two picks in the first round

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I wasn't going to go that far....but it could even be a deranged fan with a grudge that thinks he would actually be "helping" his team clear up some cap room..

Hahah man, then we would have to classify our fanbase as being worse than Eagle fans.

There is no precedent for awarding a team a draft pick for a player that was killed. I can see good reason why the NFL wouldn't want to get in the business of this. Where do you draw the line?

If a team was awarded a pick for a lost player I'm afraid that Mark Brunell would have had an unfortunate "accident" long ago. ;)

:laugh: Brilliant!

No chance that a team is given cap relief due to the death of a player....in this twisted world in which we live you could give a whole new meaning to the term "cap casualty" :2cents:

How about no relief but the bonus is still spread out over the length of the contract. Teams would not gain enough to promote Brandon Lloyd's demise but at least it wouldn't completely destroy a team's cap planning.

where do you stop? one guy tears up a knee and is never the same again, someone dies, etc. then you will have teams asking the league office for compensation for every little thing.

i think that its right to give the team of a player that dies under contract from them relief from the salary cap so that they are not eating dead cap from someone who will never comeback. unfortunately someone will start to complain about injuries taking players as well and the league office will probably not want to set a precedent of everyone asking for cap relief for everything.

Thats right on the NFl's list of things to do after finding us a true possesion WR after Art Monk left, giving us a draft pick to find another shut down corner like Champ and moving the team to Whitehorse, Yukon. Oh and I almost forgot, the NFL will let us pick which players are released or traded by otehr teams so we can pick them up at an absolute bargain.

Thats right on the NFl's list of things to do after finding us a true possesion WR after Art Monk left, giving us a draft pick to find another shut down corner like Champ and moving the team to Whitehorse, Yukon. Oh and I almost forgot, the NFL will let us pick which players are released or traded by otehr teams so we can pick them up at an absolute bargain.

We'd still find a way to go 7-9

I've been think since the patriots have lost the actually pick due to spygate and us losing are star saftey in the middle of this season maybe their could be a possibilty of us getting two picks in the first round

I feel you, but no way in hell that happens.:(

I doubt very much that the nfl would retro actively change their ruling. Not to mention the fact that the 49ers traded their pick prior to all this happening. It would have been one thing if this was something that was done to avoid the ruling. It just won't happen, even though I like your idea. It just won't happen.

Yea thats a great idea. All the teams in the league should give us their 1st round draft picks though................

This thread does bring up an interesting point that I had never considered which is: Where does the Pats' lost pick go?

Not that we should get it.

It doesn't "go" anywhere. It just never exists.

For the love of crumb cake, why do people keep starting these threads? There's been one every freaking day since we lost him.

Archived