Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Could the Skins get Patriots lost pick

Hard_Hitters88

yeah right, no other teams who lost players never got first round picks for them.. or even what pick they were

There is no precedent for awarding a team a draft pick for a player that was killed. I can see good reason why the NFL wouldn't want to get in the business of this. Where do you draw the line?

If a team was awarded a pick for a lost player I'm afraid that Mark Brunell would have had an unfortunate "accident" long ago. ;)

There is no precedent for awarding a team a draft pick for a player that was killed. I can see good reason why the NFL wouldn't want to get in the business of this. Where do you draw the line?

The only precedent would be the compensatory picks. This is far fectched because these picks applies to teams who lose people via freeagency, and do not replace the value of that player through freeagency. I very seriously doubt that the loss of Taylor could be seen in this area at all.

It is also unprecedent for a team to lose a first round draft pick. The precedent was set with the ruling against New England. Obviously if the league gives us a pick, then it would set a precident to do so in future years.

I've been think since the patriots have lost the actually pick due to spygate and us losing are star saftey in the middle of this season maybe their could be a possibilty of us getting two picks in the first round

Not trying to be a board nazi, but this same topic has been started as threads several times. I don't understand it. Why would the NFL owe the Redskins a compensatory pick in this case? The Broncos didn't get an extra pick just b/c Darrent Williams died unexpectedly, nor did the Vikings a few years ago when their lineman collalpsed and died at practice. So why would anyone think it'd be different in this case?

Of course as Skins fans, we can justify that we "deserve" this pick for 21, but it won't fly in the rest of the league.

The only "fair" solution (unless this has already been stated otherwise) would be to do a NBA style (i.e. ping pong balls) lottery with the worst teams receiving the most balls, etc. -- with the Pats being exempt from this lottery of course.

As was said before, the Broncos didn't get a pick for Darrent Williams. And if they did start handing out picks they'd have to decide the worth of a player which would be extremely subjective and unfair. The teams should get cap relief, though, that's just not fair to have a large bonus accelerated after losing a big time player, its like double the punishment.

Not trying to be a board nazi, but this same topic has been started as threads several times. I don't understand it. Why would the NFL owe the Redskins a compensatory pick in this case? The Broncos didn't get an extra pick just b/c Darrent Williams died unexpectedly, nor did the Vikings a few years ago when their lineman collalpsed and died at practice. So why would anyone think it'd be different in this case?

no nazi, you are just stating the facts. This is a ridiculous idea and we need to stop asking what we should get for ST's death.

. The teams should get cap relief, though, that's just not fair to have a large bonus accelerated after losing a big time player, its like double the punishment.

No chance that a team is given cap relief due to the death of a player....in this twisted world in which we live you could give a whole new meaning to the term "cap casualty" :2cents:

As was said before, the Broncos didn't get a pick for Darrent Williams. And if they did start handing out picks they'd have to decide the worth of a player which would be extremely subjective and unfair. The teams should get cap relief, though, that's just not fair to have a large bonus accelerated after losing a big time player, its like double the punishment.

Not to mention the fact that front offices might have their over paid-under producing players murdered to save cap room...lol...okay, I'm reaching...but you know what I mean...

...if I were Mark Brunell, I may not want to turn on my vehicle...and Brandon Lloyd would have already been toast...lol

Not to mention the fact that front offices might have their over paid-under producing players murdered to save cap room...lol...okay, I'm reaching...but you know what I mean...

...if I were Mark Brunell, I may not want to turn on my vehicle...and Brandon Lloyd would have already been toast...lol

I wasn't going to go that far....but it could even be a deranged fan with a grudge that thinks he would actually be "helping" his team clear up some cap room..

Archived