Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It won't happen,but I hope Russ Grimm gets the job! (merged)

michael_33

For goodness sakes I don't see why anyone would think these two are the answer. Granted I don't know too much about Grimm, but if he is so desirable why don't you hear him as a candidate for Atlanta, Baltimore, Miami, etc.? GW is for sure not the guy. I don't have any confidence in him as a Head Coach, espically after Buffalo. Also, his defenses are good, but in '04 and '06 they looked pretty ordinary at times.

From John Clayton Espn.com

Jason Garrett Dallas CowboysOffensive coordinatorGarrett is a hot name because of his impact on the development of Tony Romo sits to pee. He's a candidate in Baltimore and Atlanta, but the team that gets him might have to wait until after the Super Bowl if the Cowboys win two playoff games.

Brian Billick Ex-Ravens coachBillick is a big name and he's a winner. He's still stunned by his firing from the Ravens, but his résumé is hard to ignore. Having worked in Baltimore, he knows the media market, which is an asset for the owner.

Jim Caldwell Indianapolis ColtsAssistant head coach/QB coachCaldwell brings The Tony Dungy Effect to a franchise. He is calm and stoic. Peyton Manning speaks about his understated value to the offense. Caldwell is a lead candidate in Atlanta and is drawing strong consideration from the Ravens.

Russ Grimm Arizona CardinalsAssistant head coach/offensive line coachSnyder scored points with Redskins fans by hiring the Redskins' Hall of Fame coach, so why not hire one of their greatest offensive linemen? Grimm was a candidate for jobs in Chicago and Pittsburgh and is clearly ready to take the step into head coaching.

Mike Singletary San Francisco 49ersAssistant head coach/linebackers coachA Hall of Famer, Singletary is probably going to get an interview for the Falcons' job soon. He has been groomed the past couple seasons to be a head coach.

Rex Ryan Baltimore RavensDefensive coordinatorRavens players are campaigning for him to be head coach, and he reportedly had a great interview with Baltimore over the weekend.

Why were we so happy to have Joe back? Because the legacy of the Hogs and power football would be returning to Washington.

What better way to replace him than with an original Hog?

I want to keep this in the family. I'd be ok with Greg Williams as HC, but if we're going for an outside coach, lets get one with an inside pedigree.

Coach Grimm....I like the way that sounds!

I like the idea of fresh blood. Cowher or Grimm I think would be great fits. I like the old tradition and bringing back one of our own with Grimm but who does make the decisions. We will need a GM then to make all the front office decisions. Cowher as GM???

Ok, I'll play devil's advocate for a moment.. If we hire Grimm, who makes player personell decisions? And who runs the day-to-day administration of the team?

What...no confidence in Vinny? That is the central question and if it is not addressed by Snyder then we will be in the same boat as before. I would opt for Grimm over Williams.

Archived