Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It won't happen,but I hope Russ Grimm gets the job! (merged)

michael_33

I would rather start off with a head coach who has never had the opportunity,but has been in the NFL a while and knows the ropes...

No offense to Cowher,Saunders or Williams,but I sure hope Russ Grimm gets his shot here instead of somewhere else...Cause he will..!

I think he would be a good lockerroom leader....he's a true Redskin...

Think about how many shots (HOFer)Art Shell got to coach in this league?He wouldn't be ridiculously expensive,since it would be a trial debut beginning.

He's a young guy who could very well mold this team and with Gibbs staying on as an advisor,he could get all the help he needed from the man who coached him as a player!

So who do I want coaching the Washington Redskins?

----------------------------------------------------

Head Coach=Russ Grimm :notworthy

Your thoughts?

The problem is all fans demand a Super Bowl. But the best GM's build for now and the future. Good GM's are patient and build for long term success not just next year. Snyder owns like a fan would. He doesn't think long term as far as talent on the field. He wants what will "supposedly" make us better next year.

I too believe Russ Grimm should at least be interviewed for the opening. He's got a great future as a NFL HC on the horizon and I wouldn't be upset one bit if he were to be the next coach. I would prefer to stay in the organization and have GW become head coach and let Saunders run the O with the handcuffs off. I am not really finding Cowher that appealing, something just screams wrong move to me.

If Grimm comes in, Williams and Saunders are probably gone I would imagine. So, which do you prefer? Continuity? Or Grimm coming in and maybe having another couple years of okaydom and see what happens after that?

I'm not sure which one I want, to be honest. I know I don't want Cowher. At all.

If Grimm comes in, Williams and Saunders are probably gone I would imagine. So, which do you prefer? Continuity? Or Grimm coming in and maybe having another couple years of okaydom and see what happens after that?

I'm not sure which one I want, to be honest.

Honestly?I think I would take Russ over Williams and Saunders..

I think this Franchise needs to start from Scratch with a (Should be HOFer) Redskins face and let Grimm build this team to his preference...

Hell...we already lost the best,most gifted player on the team from a murder...!I'm not so sure that just continuity will get this team to rise anymore than they already have...

And If Buges leaves as well,it will be nice to know we have a coach who knows a great deal about blocking and the O-line as a whole!

I don't know what Grimm's plans would be or his schemes,but I would prefer someone like him leading this franchise in a new direction,than a Bill Cowher or Dennis Green who have been in this league for years and could give 2 flying fuggs of where this franchise is going!

As a die-hard Redskins fan, I feel sad. I know Joe is better off FOR HIMSELF leaving coaching and returning back to his family and NASCAR, but I feel a lump in my throat because again, my hero has left us. At least he left us better than he found us...much better. I'm not bitter with Joe, actually its the very opposite. After losing Sean Taylor, I didn't think I could take another blow like this, but we will survive. Hopefully, he has left his mark on us for years to come. One of the first moves Joe made was getting GW, so that shows just how much THE Redskins coach thought of GW. I know there are "millions" of threads saying this person will be coach or that, but who knows...only Dan, Joe and a select few have knowledgable guesses. For my part, I choose GW, I think he has earned it. I think he will be much better than when he was in Buffalo. Why? Look who he mentored under the past four years. He has learned from THE VERY BEST. If not GW, I would hope and pray Russ Grimm is our next coach. He is a Redskins legend, and again as a true Skins fan, this makes me happy:D ! Also, our biggest weakness this season has been the OLine...well just guess what position our dear Grimm played here, probably going to the Hall of Fame as, and made is mark coaching...the OLINE....

Although I am sad, if one of the above TRUE REDSKINS (yes, GW is now a true REDSKIN) gets the job, I will once again be excited for next season. As for Tony Stewart, Denny Hamlin and Kyle Busch, you have the GREATEST team organizer and leader coming back to lead you all to a championship...enjoy!:2cents:

Guest Rafterman
I too believe Russ Grimm should at least be interviewed for the opening. He's got a great future as a NFL HC on the horizon and I wouldn't be upset one bit if he were to be the next coach. I would prefer to stay in the organization and have GW become head coach and let Saunders run the O with the handcuffs off. I am not really finding Cowher that appealing, something just screams wrong move to me.

WTF

Russ Grimm is NEVER going to be an NFL HC. He's had over 15 years to land the gig and no owner has ever given him a shot.

Why? Because he doesn't have what it takes. PERIOD

For arguments sake, I'll take a different opinion. First off, I like what Russ Grimm did as a player. And the word around NFL circles (of which I don't circulate) is that he'd make a pretty darn good head coach. Gregg.. similar. Like what he's done with our defense. But here's the problem. Neither of those guys is a proven talent evaluator, or personell guy. Much less a team administrator. And gibbs also filled that role. So not only do we need to consider the football coaching Xs and Os perspective.. we also need to fill the front office void. Otherwise we're left with the pre gibbs 2.0 structure where Snyder/Cerrato and Rookie head coach make personell decisions. Remember Trung Candidate?

So.. even though I like Gregg and Grimm.. I think their hiring would be predicated on also hiring a GM. And since I think it'll be a cold day in he-double-hockey-sticks before Snyder hires a GM.. we'll have to hire someone who wants total control. And can handle total organizational control.

I think this Franchise needs to start from Scratch

Are you ******* me??? We just finished a winning season with a playoff berth. Starting over from scratch would more likely move us backwards than forwards. You only start over from scratch when there is nothing to build upon.

I for one thinks it time to move forward and establish a nw identity.Its not 1988. We have to realize that its 2008 and move forward.The retirement of Gibbs show usher an end to that type of thinking.

We need a young man to lead this team because the NFL is a young mans league.

So.. even though I like Gregg and Grimm.. I think their hiring would be predicated on also hiring a GM. And since I think it'll be a cold day in he-double-hockey-sticks before Snyder hires a GM.. we'll have to hire someone who wants total control. And can handle total organizational control.

agreed. i like both candidates as long as the skins get a good GM. if that happens, though i doubt it will, i say this organization can take another positive step forward

Archived