Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wild rumour : Skins to the UK 2008?

bedlamVR

I have to say as much as I would love to see the Skins over here in a meaningful contest I would not want it at the cost of a home game! It just isn't right on Season ticket holders (I hold a season ticket for football/soccer and would be pretty disgruntled if I found one of my home games was to be played abroad) but I guess unless they add a game someone has to suffer and unfortunately money talks so you never know what will happen in the NFL. I do agree that the NFL won't want to lose a 'big' home crowd for any team (so it'll be Oakland vs anyone! ;) ).

Shame that they call the NFL "America's Game". No offense for fans overseas, but this IS America's Game. It shouldn't be anywhere else except in the United States.

That's a completely idiotic sentiment. The NFL calls it America's game. Football should be something that can be enjoyed by whoever the hell wants to enjoy it.

You do realize, that football soccer and rugby all are based off the same original game? What if the creators had said, screw America, it's England's Game and the yanks shouldn't be allowed to enjoy it.

That's a completely idiotic sentiment. The NFL calls it America's game. Football should be something that can be enjoyed by whoever the hell wants to enjoy it.

You do realize, that football soccer and rugby all are based off the same original game? What if the creators had said, screw America, it's England's Game and the yanks shouldn't be allowed to enjoy it.

Then I wouldn't give two ****s if they said screw America. Some people would love to see some World Cup games wouldn't they? You don't see France Vs England playing in the Metrodome this year, do you?

The only question is who will be the other team as looking at our opponents ouside the division there is no one on the east coast from the AFC so it may be an NFC clash or more likey will be a Skins home game that will be moved.

I would think the Ravens might fit that profile. They play in the NFC North, but they're an East coast team.:whoknows:

You're not following.

We don't care, in fact we ENCOURAGE, if the UK, France, and Zimbabwe all create their own leagues.

Just don't take OUR game away from US.

Can someone from the UK tell me why the Skins have a fan following as large as I am reading over there? Was it the exhibition game about 15 years back? For the record, I think it's really cool that the team I root for is a cult favorite there. And if this were to happen, I would look into ways to get out there and tailgate with warm beer and fish and chips.

Can someone from the UK tell me why the Skins have a fan following as large as I am reading over there? Was it the exhibition game about 15 years back? For the record, I think it's really cool that the team I root for is a cult favorite there. And if this were to happen, I would look into ways to get out there and tailgate with warm beer and fish and chips.

The NFL has been covered in the UK on TV for not far off 30 years now (not sure how many American fans realise this). The very first live Superbowl shown in the UK was the 'skins-Miami game. That run by Riggins left an impression in peoples minds over here as much as it did back in Washington.

The point raised by others about sending pre-season games over..been there, done that! they had the likes of Bears-Dallas at Wembley in the 80's. The thing is the fan base over here has followed the game for so many years now that some are as experienced as a US fan and as cynical too when it comes to pre-season 3rd stringers, no-hopers being fielded.

I totally understand people not wanting to lose a 'skins game. However, I have never seen the NFL miss a marketing/money opportunity when it sees one.

...and remember! they havent picked a team yet! there is no evidence that it will be the 'skins! :)

:logo:

Archived