Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Good Job BUGES w/Fabini and Heyer BUT!!!!!

RyansRangers

IF that's true, we still need to find a RT. Jansen's done.

I think Jansen is done too, but I don't think we can rely on Heyer. He's way too raw and I'm not sure if he's ever gonna be starter material. He doesn't really seem to have the footwork or instincts for it. I'm no expert, to me it looks like he's not really suited for tackle.

You guys don't know what you're talking about. Heyer is a backup. He's not replacing Jansen.

Oh, I'm sorry coach. Can you tell us all why Heyer got more play time down the stretch then Wade, the seasoned vet ?

While your at it, what does your crystal ball say about Jansen being the player he was 4 seasons ago.

Oh, I'm sorry coach. Can you tell us all why Heyer got more play time down the stretch then Wade, the seasoned vet ?

While your at it, what does your crystal ball say about Jansen being the player he was 4 seasons ago.

I just said Jansen looks done. Watching Heyer he just doesn't hold his ground at all, he doesn't use his body right. He seems to be off balance a lot. If you look at my next post I said I'm no expert.

I'm not sure why you're all snippy, there Pete.

Heyer has tremendous upside and is a pretty good athlete. He MANHANDLED the G-men OL as well as Minny. One bad game does not mean he can't play the position. If that's the case, then Jason Campbell shouldn't be our QB either after the end of the TB and Dallas games.

We need tons of young OL in the draft, that's for sure. The OL was overall HORRIBLE today, but I think Heyer is one of our bright spots for the future.

We need two young guards and another young tackle that are athletic, and can pull in run blocking.

Jansen didn't even play with Collins. I do agree that we missed Thomas though. Man can he pull. With Thomas and Pete Kendall, the G spots are pretty set. We just need that depth. Fabini, while commendable this season, got his butt handed to him during the Seattle game. :helmet:

We still need to get younger with Kendell we have some leeway if he stays Hopefully Thomas can give us 3 more years of injury free seasons and draft some players liek Dockery in the third and fourth rounds

What have we won with Thomas and Jansen?

When has this Oline even with these guys ever produce consistently?

We have a ton of money invested in Rabach, Wade, Thomas, and Jansen. Have they been worth it? I don't think they have.

Bugel proved with Stephon Heyer that he can still coach. Which is something I was not so sure of due to the fact that until Heyer, he has failed to develop a single lineman since returning.

We should get rid of the expensive dead weight on the oline and give Bugel a bunch of young kids to develop on the right side while we have trusted vets in Chris Samuels and Pete Kendall anchoring the left.

We have a ton of money invested in Rabach, Wade, Thomas, and Jansen. Have they been worth it? I don't think they have.

Bugel proved with Stephon Heyer that he can still coach. Which is something I was not so sure of due to the fact that until Heyer, he has failed to develop a single lineman since returning.

We should get rid of the expensive dead weight on the oline and give Bugel a bunch of young kids to develop on the right side while we have trusted vets in Chris Samuels and Pete Kendall anchoring the left.

Thomas is one of the best guards in the league. He just needs to stay healthy. Last year we were sacked, what, 19 times? I don't think the play of our Oline was the deciding factor last year. Look how well Betts rushed in Portis' absense. I think you're barking up the wrong tree with Thomas at least. Jansen may be done, though.

Heyer has tremendous upside and is a pretty good athlete. He MANHANDLED the G-men OL as well as Minny. One bad game does not mean he can't play the position. If that's the case, then Jason Campbell shouldn't be our QB either after the end of the TB and Dallas games.

We need tons of young OL in the draft, that's for sure. The OL was overall HORRIBLE today, but I think Heyer is one of our bright spots for the future.

We need two young guards and another young tackle that are athletic, and can pull in run blocking.

No we don't. We probably only need to take 1 guard, because the starting line is pretty much set with Heyer as a tackle backup and Alexander as a backup at guard. Fabini probably stays because of his versatility so only 1 more OL would fit on the roster.

Then fans should be ready to devoute a losing season with JC and this offensive line. The ravens found 3 replacements thru the draft with yanda, grubbs and gaither. They could be set for years now

coming off a major injury....I have my doubts.

I see a huge upside in heyer. HUGE.

Now, if Jansen comes back full strenghth then heyer will be a quality backup

Jansen hasn't looked good when healthy either.

Wouldn't be shocked to see a right tackle taken by us in the first round.

Fabini sucked all game. Heyer sucked about 75% of the time, but remember that Heyer had help most of the game.

This was a patched-up, make-shift line -- we got about the best we could expect.

Gibbs & Co. better plan to draft some O-linemen next year or pick up some decent ree agents. Who knows what Jansen will be like next year.

Heyer did not look like a rag doll man. He was challenged for sure but look at this kids build. Heyer is probably one of the most raw talents you could get to mold him into whatever you want. This kid has heart, just wait until he get through his first NFL offseason workouts and gets some real strength, he is still working off pure talent. :2cents:

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Fabini has licked all season IMO.. Hope is gone next season.. Pete Kendall could be a decent back up.

I wouldn't count on Jansen as a gimmie. Two serious injuries in three seasons to the same leg, and his age aren't in his favor. His play had dropped off last season.

He should have to earn his spot next season, not just have it handed to him. Don't get me wrong, I love Jansen, but I'm also realistic

You are actually a breath of fresh air Pete. I to have always loved Jansen. But, I have a memory and I remember how he was looking before he got hurt. He looked horrible. Getting bull rushed back into our QB. Getting beat around the outside.

Jansen should definitely have to compete for a starting position IMO.

Archived