Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AIRBORNE Cold "Medicine"....does it work?

RonJeremy

A co-worker told me about AIRBORNE formula to help "get over" a cold quicker. It is a tablet you put in a glass of water and then you drink it (obviously). It has an orange flavor...supposed to have 17 herbs and nutrients.....Herbal Power it claims. I was feeling like crap today...sore throat, cough, etc...so I picked up some of this on the way home. Just finished my glass of it.

anyway....does this stuff REALLY work. Anyone have good results or is this stuff a rip-off?

I hear that. :cheers:

Bloody Marys work for me too. Seriously.

Bloody Marys...hmmmm....I have some mix in my cabinet...need to make a trip to the liquor store in the morning for some vodka. :cool:

I tried it once and was still sick for like 7 days. How do you really know if it works anyhow? What if you get over your cold in 2 days after taking it. Whose to say you would have been over it in 2 days without taking it.

Good point. Either way...it was cheap!

I tried it once and can't say whether or not it had an impact. BUT-

If you want to prevent the cold in the first place, drink tea.

Iced tea, black tea, green tea. No herbal tea (doesn't have tea in it. Neither does Long Island iced tea :) ). Tea has some substance that increases the amount of l-arginine that your body produces. This impacts the immune system. Drinking 3 cups of tea per day, boosts your immune system something like 6-fold. It's worked for me; all my family and extended family during the holidays got sick (12+ people) while at my house- except for me. I drink tons of iced tea. Only thing is, once you're sick it doesn't work to make you better any faster. It's strictly for preventing illness. Hope it helps.

Everytime I go to walmart I debate on purchasing that stuff.

My fiance is a teacher so she is always catching something or bringing it home for me.

Keep us informed on how the stuff works?

my wife is a teacher....I always blame her for whatever illness I have... :laugh:

I will keep the thread updated.

I tried it once and can't say whether or not it had an impact. BUT-

If you want to prevent the cold in the first place, drink tea.

Iced tea, black tea, green tea. No herbal tea (doesn't have tea in it. Neither does Long Island iced tea :) ). Tea has some substance that increases the amount of l-arginine that your body produces. This impacts the immune system. Drinking 3 cups of tea per day, boosts your immune system something like 6-fold. It's worked for me; all my family and extended family during the holidays got sick (12+ people) while at my house- except for me. I drink tons of iced tea. Only thing is, once you're sick it doesn't work to make you better any faster. It's strictly for preventing illness. Hope it helps.

I have a whole box of green tea unopened in the cabinet....if I had only known!!!!!!!!1 :laugh:

I will open and start drinking it on a regular basis....interesting.

As far as I am aware, the only thing that has been actually shown in legitimate studies to cut down on the length and severity of colds is Zinc.

Zicam nasal spray (which uses Zinc) seems to work very well, but more importantly, I know I'm not just fooling myself, because the research backs it up.

My friend Ed swears by Airborne, but then he also believes that he can affect the outcome of sporting events by changing seats when things are going poorly, so take that for what it's worth. :)

I love how Airborne advertises the fact that it's invented by a second grade teacher.

Now, don't get me wrong, teachers are smarter than I am and are probably more qualified to invent non-prescription medication. However, I would be more inclined to use it if it said "invented by a super special drug doctor, works for a second grade teacher".

Airborne and stuff like it are "homepathic." This means they basically spit in the face of modern science, and more specifically, pharmaceuticals. People swear by this ****, but I think its all placebo effect.

Ain't nothin' gonna cure a cold, brotha. Take 5 whiskey shots, and call me in the morning!! WE WANT SEATTLE!!! :)

Did you just call me a homo??!! :laugh:

Looks like my day will consists of Bloody Marys and whiskey shots!

WE WANT SEATTLE!!!

WE WANT DALLAS!!!!

WE WANT GREEN BAY!!!!

WE WANT NEW ENGLAND!!!

:point2sky

Cold Eze zinc tablets are good...............Ziacam but many people have complained their sesne of smell never came back (bad news) and of course Airborne which has mixed good/bad reviews from :):):) users. The best combo-Lots of cold eze, chicken soup, water and Blueberry/pomegranate juice. Actually killed my flu not just a cold.

I love how Airborne advertises the fact that it's invented by a second grade teacher.

Now, don't get me wrong, teachers are smarter than I am and are probably more qualified to invent non-prescription medication. However, I would be more inclined to use it if it said "invented by a super special drug doctor, works for a second grade teacher".

I would love to buy a drug invented by a wizard. Besides lsd.

Man, i got a ****ing flu shot for the first time this year. Worst **** ever, i got sick for 2 weeks, TWO WEEKS!, and i NEVER stay sick for more than a day or 2.

I want to go back to the place and :slap:

Yeah...the same thing would happen to me annually via the military.

Every October I would get my mandatory flu shot and every October I would would be sick as a dog for 2 weeks just like I had the real flu. I would protest getting the shot but this is the Army so resistence was futile.

The shot itself made me sick...so for 17 years I got the flu on schedule.

:doh:

Placebo? It has at least 3 ingredients with valid immune-boosting properties, Vitamin C, Echinacea, and L-Lysine. Also contains Vitamins A and E, and Zinc.

It's not a magic bullet, but I think it certainly helps. :2cents:

Archived