Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Article Critical of Redskins "Exploiting" S. Taylor's Death (MET)

Fan4life

I read that this morning too...

I felt the article was uncalled for and in bad taste.

Like my momma used to say.. "Somethings are just better left alone...."

Another mediot trying to stir up stuff to get his name out there...

Very pathetic... :doh:

WOW....when I read the first little bit of that, I thought: "the man's entitled to his opinion, we shouldn't let it bother us."

But after reading the whole think it angers me that these jerks can't understand what the has gone through and what they are still going through. I don't even think most of us fully comprehend it. The magnitude of this situation dictates the manner in which the team handles it. They lost the best player this team has seem in a LONG time. They also lost a person who all considered to be a friend, some thought of as a brother, and at least one looked at as a son. This man is entitled to his opinion, but this team is entitled to handle this situation however the see fit.

I wrote him a quick blurb to let him know where he stands.

I was going to try to put it in terms he would understand, but the Seattle Seahawks have no one on the roster with the impact of ST. Young and dominant, new father, lockeroom glue.

There will never be another ST. Plain and simple. I feel sorry for those who dont fathom what he meant our fanbase. It means they have never had someone like that before.

Meet The Press? Nah.

Meet The SWARM.:)

John McGrath: 253-597-8742, ext. 6154

john.mcgrath@thenewstribune.com

My email to him:

"Mr. McGrath...

While reading your article about the Skins and Sean Taylor's death, you said the following:

"It was a coincidence – a chain of events exclusive to a football game in Landover, Md., which had nothing to do with a fatal gunshot in Miami a month earlier – that enabled the Redskins to win by 21 points."

You may not have realized it, but you have inadvertently let out the secret that you and you alone understand why all things in the universe happen they way they do. Be prepared to be inundated with millions of emails asking about the 9/11 tragedy, the upcoming presidential elections and Britney Spears.

But so you know, something tells me that the reality is the Redskins players are not believing that Sean Taylor was literally drawing up game plans with God so that the game would end with a 21 point victory. But the fact that they won by Taylor's jersey number just made it feel even more as if he was with them, that there is more to Life and being alive than how long the molecules in our flesh hold up. That things happen for a reason (ie: "I don't believe in coincidences").

That you would ridicule the team for not having the exact same beliefs as you do while dealing with the death of a deeply loved teammate, and in some cases an invaluably close friend and "brother", speaks volumes more loudly about you than it could ever speak about the Redskins players and coaches.

And that you could deem yourself an authority of not only the workings of Life but also of what "really" resides inside the hearts of men you've never met nor even talked to just says it even louder. When you said the Skins "didn’t need the inspiration of an autographed Taylor photograph that surfaced on a Redskins fan Web site. Underneath his signature, Taylor wrote, “We Want Dallas," my first thought was "This writer most definitely did NOT talk to any of the players". Santana Moss even said he almost started crying when he saw the autographed photo, that's how real that "unnecessary motivation" was to these men. But I'm sure that in your eyes, Moss' comments were nothing more than yet another attempt to milk Taylor's death for public consumption.

So keep this in mind as you continue telling the masses what the "real" truths in Life and the universe are, and announce to all what REALLY motivates the hearts of dozens of men you've never spent any time with: you're not coming across as enlightened or truthful or honest. You're coming across as arrogant."

Sitting in the stands before the Bills games was my saddest day as a Skins fan and if I was effected by his death that much I can't even imagine what our players, his closest friends, are going through.

Amen to that. That was a tough game to sit through because it was so very sad. I've been going to Skins games for 20 years and never saw anything like that, and probably never will again.

This guy has no clue. He doesn't get it. He doesn't understand that what they are doing is memorializing ST to honor him and also to heal. ST deserves it and so do they. Also, the relationship between this team and its fans is much closer than most cities with their teams and that's a big factor.

This article is nothing more than fodder that this guy thinks is going to pump up the fans. For him to discount what the Redskins are doing with ST's memory is disgraceful and he's only making himself look like an idiot. He's not worth a reply - life is too short to waste the time on him.

Some people will write anything to down play our success. He tries to make it sound cheap and that our players and coaches are acting like pimps for using the memory of Sean Taylor in a positive way. It's apparent that this guy has no idea what camaraderie is and probably has very few friends himself.

They can keep writing all of this trash in Seattle as much as they want as desperation always rears it's ugly head.

My email to him:

"Mr. McGrath...

While reading your article about the Skins and Sean Taylor's death, you said the following:

"It was a coincidence – a chain of events exclusive to a football game in Landover, Md., which had nothing to do with a fatal gunshot in Miami a month earlier – that enabled the Redskins to win by 21 points."

You may not have realized it, but you have inadvertently let out the secret that you and you alone understand why all things in the universe happen they way they do. Be prepared to be inundated with millions of emails asking about the 9/11 tragedy, the upcoming presidential elections and Britney Spears.

But so you know, something tells me that the reality is the Redskins players are not believing that Sean Taylor was literally drawing up game plans with God so that the game would end with a 21 point victory. But the fact that they won by Taylor's jersey number just made it feel even more as if he was with them, that there is more to Life and being alive than how long the molecules in our flesh hold up. That things happen for a reason (ie: "I don't believe in coincidences").

That you would ridicule the team for not having the exact same beliefs as you do while dealing with the death of a deeply loved teammate, and in some cases an invaluably close friend and "brother", speaks volumes more loudly about you than it could ever speak about the Redskins players and coaches.

And that you could deem yourself an authority of not only the workings of Life but also of what "really" resides inside the hearts of men you've never met nor even talked to just says it even louder. When you said the Skins "didn’t need the inspiration of an autographed Taylor photograph that surfaced on a Redskins fan Web site. Underneath his signature, Taylor wrote, “We Want Dallas," my first thought was "This writer most definitely did NOT talk to any of the players". Santana Moss even said he almost started crying when he saw the autographed photo, that's how real that "unnecessary motivation" was to these men. But I'm sure that in your eyes, Moss' comments were nothing more than yet another attempt to milk Taylor's death for public consumption.

So keep this in mind as you continue telling the masses what the "real" truths in Life and the universe are, and announce to all what REALLY motivates the hearts of dozens of men you've never spent any time with: you're not coming across as enlightened or truthful or honest. You're coming across as arrogant."

I know I said in my post don't waste your time writing them - life is too short - but this is a very good email. Glad you sent it.

My email to him:

"Mr. McGrath...

Califan, I don't think anybody could have said it any better than that....:applause:

I just wrote him this...

So you don’t get it, no problem. You will never understand how the death of a talented young football player could affect an entire region of fans, I understand. The reason why we as fans and teammates hold Sean up the way we do is because we felt the loss as a community. It brought our team and this fan base closer together. What you witness is not a manufactured attempt at marketing and promoting sales from a man’s death. It is a genuine outpouring of emotion from a team and fan base for the loss of such a special player. For those on the outside looking in, I can understand how you just don’t get it. It is hard to fully appreciate how we feel without going through what we did this year. So for that reason, I hope no one else ever does “get it”.

This guy is a straight up turd. Every sports story written about the Skins in the month of december mentioned how the death of Sean Taylor impacted the team. Are all of these reporters (including this turd) who include Taylor's name in their stories exploiting his death for their careers and publicity?

If hundreds of sports reporters can recognize the impact of the tragedy and sympathize with the team, who the **** is this guy to say what impact it should or shouldn't have on the guys in the trenches who knew Sean Taylor best?

Kudos to those writing letters to him. Very tactful; everyone else needs to keep it that way as well or he'll be writing some rebuttal about the ignorance of skins fans. I'm sure he won't write anyone back as I can't imagine a logical rebuttal to these comments, but if he does, please share them here. Keep up the great work!

RIP Sean..

Two other things that bug the **** out of me concerning this arrogant S.O.B.'s article:

1) He's doubting Gibbs' sincerity when commenting on Sean Taylor still being on the depth chart. He's literally saying that Gibbs is insincere concerning Taylor's death, and is instead using it in manipulative ways.

2) He claims to be speaking on Taylor's behalf by how he titles the article! As if saying Sean Taylor would prefer the things he says the Skins should do over what the Skins are actually doing.

Btw, notice how no mention of Taylor's family and how THEY view the Skins' actions is mentioned.

This guy is a straight up turd. Every sports story written about the Skins in the month of december mentioned how the death of Sean Taylor impacted the team. Are all of these reporters (including this turd) who include Taylor's name in their stories exploiting his death for their careers and publicity?

If hundreds of sports reporters can recognize the impact of the tragedy and sympathize with the team, who the **** is this guy to say what impact it should or shouldn't have on the guys in the trenches who knew Sean Taylor best?

You are absolutely right about that. It's the MEDIA that's been exploiting this, the MEDIA that's been talking about it, talking about the picture, the stickers, etc. If they didn't report on it, this guy wouldn't have an article to write.

The most interesting part:

As we speak, the Seahawks are breaking down the tendencies of No. 37.

It's time, people, to start playing for us now. The living. Its been a long strange season. A win will put all this to rest.

RIP Sean. Hail to the Redskins.

The football gods will see this. They will make him pay.

When I first read this, I thought it said, "They will make him gay.". :laugh:

Pay, gay. Appropriate either way.

Poor ignorant Seattle moron has no clue what he's got coming....

Archived