Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Article Critical of Redskins "Exploiting" S. Taylor's Death (MET)

Fan4life

if the Hawks weren't playing the Skins this week, wonder what his thoughts would be then???

Thats probably the most rational thought on here so far. He wouldnt have a care in the world what a team from the other side of the US did for their own teammate. He is just stating this because we are playing the SeaChickens.

I just sent Mr. McGrath this e-mail, let me know what you think:

Dear John,

It's obvious that you (like a handful of other mediocre, Seattle-area sports journalists) are clearly intimidated by the Redskins motivation and passion since losing their teammate Sean Taylor in November. Why are you offended at the tribute of listing Taylor on the team's depth chart for the rest of the season? All of us here in the D.C. area, in the NFC East and the Redskins team as a whole have come together like never before in the aftermath of the tragedy.

Local Cowboys, Eagles and Giants fans and players have showed nothing but respect, support and class throughout the crisis. They understand what it takes to come together in the face of tragedy, they understand that losing Sean Taylor the person runs much deeper than the game of football or losing the best player on our team. Even your own Seattle Seahawks have shown nothing but respect and understanding in the way our team has rallied in the wake of Taylor's murder.

I watched Bobby Engram, Mike Holmgren, Matt Hasselbeck and Patrick Kerney on ESPN this morning speak about their understanding of the emotions the Redskins are riding and how they are playing for something bigger than self, and they compared that emotion with the emotion of your very fans in the loudest stadium in the NFL and acknowledged what a good game we could have this afternoon when two different forms of raw emotion collide at Qwest Field.

Have you ever played organized football? Do you understand the emotion of the game? I won't make assumptions but my senses tend to tell me that you don't understand.

Right after Taylor's murder and before the Redskins buried their teammate and played two games all in a 5-day stretch, Sean's father, Pedro Taylor came to Redskins Park and gave the team an emotional and inspiring speech about Sean's passion for the game of football and told the team the best thing they could do to honor Sean was to win out and make it to the playoffs.

The team has responded.

The team rallied in the face of tragedy and in the face of injuries and rattled-off four straight wins, putting the icing on that cake last Sunday with a 21-point victory over our biggest rivals at FedEx Field. Was the 21 points just a coincidence? Probably. But don't second-guess the optimism and heart of these players who believe in playing for their fallen brother.

So, please do us a favor and keep your criticisms inside the boundaries of what you understand. Criticize our play on the football field, criticize bad decisions made by the coaching staff, criticize our on-field penalties and mistakes, but please do not criticize how a team, a city, and a fanbase copes with tragedy and loss. We have our own 12th man.

See you on the field,

Ben

I wonder how the Colts would "honor" if Peyton was killed, I wonder how New England would be if Brady was killed. Man to hell with these media type bumbs. Point blank they are asses. The issue is with Sean's passing we are going back to Redskins football and because Snyder is hated, so is this team! I hope and pray we beat Seattle today and then Dallas next week, I then will be sending mass emails to all the "experts" I want to see how many will man up and admit they were wrong, not many I suspect.....

**** em and feed em beans....

Archived