Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Virginia Beach might be new home for Training Camp(merged)

Skeletor The Invincible

Looks like it wouldn't happen until 2009 at the earliest.

You guys like the beach?

http://hamptonroads.com/2008/01/beach-officials-hope-lure-redskins%E2%80%99-training-camp-sportsplex

The Washington Redskins could be calling Virginia Beach their summer home as soon as 2009.

Redskins officials are in preliminary talks with city staff to move the team’s training camp to the Virginia Beach Sportsplex in a deal that would bring professional football players, coaches and their legion of fans to the region each summer.

The discussions are still nascent, and officials from both the city and the NFL-playoffs bound Redskins have tried to keep them quiet.

But Beach officials said the Redskins are asking the city to pony up about $2.5 million, including infrastructure improvements to the Sportsplex, in exchange for moving the team’s training camp from Ashburn, just outside of Washington, D.C. to Virginia Beach.

(for more, click on link)

Yeah it would be cool if they did that, but the unfortunate thing would be the fact that is when the beach season is going on and the hotels are making their money hand over fist. It is all jam packed down there during the summer and I don't think that it would be any better trying to do add to all the beach traffic. Love the idea, don't know if it is necessarily practical.

That would be cool and add to yet another distraction for me to get any work done. With beach residents kinda pissy about their property assessments, its gonna be tough for the council "people" to snake more taxpayer money. I have always thought the Bowers Hill area would be a great place for a mega indoor/outdoor sportsplex but unfortunately the soil would hardly bear the weight of a tent.

Archived