Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN Sunday Countdown Picks

Westcoastskinfan

I doubt it's any of these picks that have anybody's hopes up.

I'd say it's probably the fact that we're playing real good ball right now which includes some league best pass defense over the last four weeks. Since your team is one dimensional in the area of the pass, it's easy for us as fans to like the matchup. Not only that but our offense is clicking and really hitting it's stride right about now. Things are looking good for us.

easy to play league best pass defense against Grossman/Griese, Eli Manning in terrible conditions, awful Tavaris, and a faltering Tony Romo sits to pee.

I wonder how long Emmit's head smoked while he tried to figure out why he couldn't pick the Cowboys this week.

:laugh: :laugh:

I think he still picked the Cowboys. But producers of the show just threw that in there for him to keep the show going.

easy to play league best pass defense against Grossman/Griese, Eli Manning in terrible conditions, awful Tavaris, and a faltering Tony Romo sits to pee.

Regardless of who it came against, a four game streak that you only allow a 50% pass completion rate and 5.1 YPA is pretty impressive. Considering we had the most passes attempted against us during that stretch in the entire league, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it.

No. It happens to athletes all the time. That's what separates the good from the great. The great ones always find their motivation week after week. I think Portis is finally realizing this, and he was just being honest with whomever got that quote. I'll always be a Portis fan. The guy is amazing.

I agree. He didn't realize at the time he had regressed a little, but Sean's death helped him realize it. It wasn't like he was doing it on purpose.

What a coincidence. Every one of those QBs just happened to have a bad day, on the same day they were playing us.

I bet that's why all their running games happened to shut down, the same games.

ughh.....we lose when we are favored.

As another poster pointed out, we don't lose when we are favored, we lose when we don't play well. We as fans need to start getting used to being favorites, because the Skins are playing well, and they deserve to be favored in most match-ups. I'm happy people are picking them because that means we've played consistently well for a long time.

I'm a bit disappointed in Portis' comments. I'm glad he's refocused, but how long before he decides to just collect a paycheck again?

I'm also disappointed. Clinton Portis needs to keep his head on his game and stop reading newspapers and critics. He's a great back, but sometimes I think he cares too much about what other people think.

how bout everyone scroll down that page a little bit and check out Portis's comments. Should we be mad as fans that someone who lost his love for the game was pretty much going through the motions out there?

I don't think so for one big reason, Portis is a human being. Being a human he is far from perfect and is going to be emotional at times, he might even not really be rational and often not do everything exactly right. So I don't think we should be mad. ;)

I'm a bit disappointed in Portis' comments. I'm glad he's refocused, but how long before he decides to just collect a paycheck again?
No. It happens to athletes all the time. That's what separates the good from the great. The great ones always find their motivation week after week. I think Portis is finally realizing this, and he was just being honest with whomever got that quote. I'll always be a Portis fan. The guy is amazing.

I don't like the fact that Portis lost love for the game. Its kinda wierd to openly state that. I think when the times are good he likes it and when the times are bad he doesn't, which makes sense.

Archived