Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN Sunday Countdown Picks

Westcoastskinfan

how bout everyone scroll down that page a little bit and check out Portis's comments. Should we be mad as fans that someone who lost his love for the game was pretty much going through the motions out there? I'm glad he got his heart back to play but maybe if he had his heart in another run or block we may be in a better situation in the playoffs.

don't get your hopes up, they pick teams almost every year that are/went through adversity. They all picked the saints against the bears...

I doubt it's any of these picks that have anybody's hopes up.

I'd say it's probably the fact that we're playing real good ball right now which includes some league best pass defense over the last four weeks. Since your team is one dimensional in the area of the pass, it's easy for us as fans to like the matchup. Not only that but our offense is clicking and really hitting it's stride right about now. Things are looking good for us.

how bout everyone scroll down that page a little bit and check out Portis's comments. Should we be mad as fans that someone who lost his love for the game was pretty much going through the motions out there?

No. It happens to athletes all the time. That's what separates the good from the great. The great ones always find their motivation week after week. I think Portis is finally realizing this, and he was just being honest with whomever got that quote. I'll always be a Portis fan. The guy is amazing.

how bout everyone scroll down that page a little bit and check out Portis's comments. Should we be mad as fans that someone who lost his love for the game was pretty much going through the motions out there? I'm glad he got his heart back to play but maybe if he had his heart in another run or block we may be in a better situation in the playoffs.

Portis didn't score 52 points against our defense...

Portis didn't make Santana drop balls left and right against the Pack or give away the game-winning fumble...

Portis didn't throw the interception from the 19 yard line against the Cowboys...

He DID fumble twice against the Bucs...

... but he's also a human and had to listen to alot of crap when he was injured about how we need to "replace him with Betts", which is a load of crap. The difference between Betts and Portis on those long runs is that Portis finishes those runs with little things we like to call "touchdowns".

JB

Archived