Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who is the Prospect You Are Going To Pimp?

method man

Why a second DE in the 3rd round? We have some good depth at DE that we wouldn't need to use 2 picks on DEs. I think we should use our 1st on a DE, second on a big WR (like you said) but use our third on an offensive lineman, preferably a guard.

Trevor Laws is listed @ DE, but he's nearly 300lbs. He's got great speed, but I'd imagine him more of a DT. Everywhere I looked has him listed @ DE though, that's all.

As I said before I'm a bit iffy on Campbell. He obviously has the size and is athletic enough but he had a very mediocre season and there are reports of him having something of a lazy attitude. I'd rather not take a chance with that with a 1st round pick.

They said the same things about Anthony Montgomery. Our coaching staff and veteran leaders broke him of it pretty quickly.

They said the same things about Anthony Montgomery. Our coaching staff and veteran leaders broke him of it pretty quickly.

Monty was also a 7th round draft pick. If he stayed lazy and didn't improve we cut him and no biggie. You're talking about a 1st round draft pick. If he stays lazy and doesn't improve we can't just cut our losses because of a pretty good size contract.

My mock for the first 4 rounds would look something like this...

1- DE - Calais Campbell - Miami

2- CB - Charles Godfrey - Iowa

3- OG - Andrew Crummey - Maryland

4- WR - Steve Johnson - Kentucky

Past that I would stockpile more offensive line depth on day two.

Monty was also a 7th round draft pick. If he stayed lazy and didn't improve we cut him and no biggie. You're talking about a 1st round draft pick. If he stays lazy and doesn't improve we can't just cut our losses because of a pretty good size contract.

While that's true, my point is that coaching is important and we have a proven staff when it comes to that kind of thing.

You realize Campbell had 20.5 TFL and 10.5 sacks last year right? Maybe his lesser numbers are attributed to a weaker defense this year...all I know is the dude is huge, is stout against the run and the pass...sounds like a good replacement for Daniels to me.

You realize Campbell had 20.5 TFL and 10.5 sacks last year right? Maybe his lesser numbers are attributed to a weaker defense this year...all I know is the dude is huge, is stout against the run and the pass...sounds like a good replacement for Daniels to me.

You certainly could be right, but he sort of seems like a "boom or bust" sort of player at the NFL level.

DAN CONNOR - PENN STATE - enough said.

Bednarik winner, 240 pounds of mean that would fit in nicely with our linebacking corp, especially considering that Fletcher is older, Washington may be cut (salary cap) and McIntosh may be out next year.

Dan Connor - bank on many pro bowls.

Hell, you can't lose, choosing from VT specially Harper.

You're right, we can't lose drafting from Virginia Tech. Let's look at what drafting from Virginia Tech gets you.

Michael Vick - Highly overrated even before the dog incident. Couldn't complete 50% of his passes.

Kevin Jones and Lee Suggs - The vaunted running back tandem, one may not even be in football anymore. The other...underachiever.

DeAngelo Hall - He had a good year or two, now he can't shut up and starts problems with his coaches, deserved or not. He's also getting burned frequently.

John Engleberger - I remember they called this guy "silent but violent" or something like that. Now his name is "silent and forgotten".

Various other secondary guys and receivers who have achieved little or nothing...except Pierson Prioleau, he rules. Andre Davis has achieved some acclaim...as a kick returner.

Shayne Grahmn - Hey, an adequate kicker, congratulations.

Jake Grove - an acceptable, but hardly world beating, center.

Darryl Tapp - Coming into his own, but so was DeAngelo Hall. Show me something consistent.

Nick Sorenson - I included this guy because I played football and baseball against him, he went to a rival high school. I hated him then, and I still hate him now, especially his stupid hair.

And most unfortunatley, Corey Moore, who had a mouth on him. This hits close to home around here, but he got shot in the leg while he was out around 2:30 a.m., and his career was cut short. Luckily, he lived. He was undersized however, and I'm not sure he was headed for great things as is.

My point? I'm not sure Tech has produced a consistently good player in the NFL since Bruce Smith, and he was drafted over 25 years ago. Stay away from Hokies, they come to no good.

Chopped this one down a little for less text quoting. I don't much care for Maryland football either, but Stephon Heyer has changed me a little bit. I still don't trust this program to produce great players yet, but if Heyer can do it, why not Crummey? I'll even ignore the curse that is his last name. He'd better be good or the announcers will have a field day with it.

DAN CONNOR - PENN STATE - enough said.

Bednarik winner, 240 pounds of mean that would fit in nicely with our linebacking corp, especially considering that Fletcher is older, Washington may be cut (salary cap) and McIntosh may be out next year.

Dan Connor - bank on many pro bowls.

Dan Connor is going to be LONG gone by the time we pick. He is easily a top 15 pick or better depending on his combine.

1- DE - Calais Campbell - Miami

2- CB - Charles Godfrey - Iowa

4- WR - Steve Johnson - Kentucky

This looks pretty good. Campbell is a great project player who might... just might fall to the later part of the 1st round and into the Skins hands. Godfrey is a good pick at CB... more line help is the top thing in my mind. Get receivers through free agency because too many are busts. Linemen are usually a better bet. In a deep draft for corners you can do well in the second round.

if we need Dline help you gotta go for Long from UVA. He's up for all-american this year...and he is a beast. Teams...including VT cause i watched that game intently....were tripple teaming him and he was still getting sacks. not just applying pressure but sacks. he is a must take for any DL help. :cheers:

HTTR

ST21

Chopped this one down a little for less text quoting. I don't much care for Maryland football either, but Stephon Heyer has changed me a little bit. I still don't trust this program to produce great players yet, but if Heyer can do it, why not Crummey? I'll even ignore the curse that is his last name. He'd better be good or the announcers will have a field day with it.

To me, Maryland always seems to produce decent pro talent and in some cases all pro talent. It's amazing to me that they aren't contending more than they have been because of it.

Heyer was a good find but there are much better examples of Maryland talent in the NFL.

This looks pretty good. Campbell is a great project player who might... just might fall to the later part of the 1st round and into the Skins hands. Godfrey is a good pick at CB... more line help is the top thing in my mind. Get receivers through free agency because too many are busts. Linemen are usually a better bet. In a deep draft for corners you can do well in the second round.

Thanks , man. My mock could significantly change depending on who we lose or gain in free agency. I think we definitely need line help on both sides first and foremost no matter what.

i say Vernon Gholston DE Ohio State, dude's a beast. kinda makes AC look like a lil dude

here's proof :)

http://menofthescarletandgray.com/wp-content/uploads/gholston1.jpg

Gholston all the way. Oh and for the 2nd day Jamie Silva FS from BC. The guy can lay the wood and he's good in coverage. But that is if we don't make a move on Kenny Phillips from The U.

Sam Baker OT USC, hope he's around in the second round, probably not. I want Vernon Gholston in the first. I also like Cory Boyd, RB from South Carolina taken in the later rounds. Really versatile and I think he's a perfect all around backup for this team that could see solid playing time in the future. J Leman looks like he could be an H.B. Blades steal-pick up. He's smaller than the prototypical LBs scouts love, but plays with more than enough heart to make up for it, and looks like he could slip to maybe the third or fourth round.

if we need Dline help you gotta go for Long from UVA. He's up for all-american this year...and he is a beast. Teams...including VT cause i watched that game intently....were tripple teaming him and he was still getting sacks. not just applying pressure but sacks. he is a must take for any DL help. :cheers:

HTTR

ST21

Long is going to be gone by the time we pick. People are picking him to possibly go to the dolphins with the first pick if they don't take Dorsey 1st overall. Also, I don't think Long is the best DE in the draft, the teams he went against don't have the best O-lines. In the Tech game, he was triple and double-teamed early in the game and didn't have an impact until the second half, but even then, he only got pressure because he would split out so long and when you're coming so far off the outside on a solo block on a slow OT you'd better get some pressure. Tech doesn't have the best o-line either. Maybe I just dislike Chris because I'm a Tech fan and played against him in high school but whatever.

Crummey will be there in the 5th round.

Archived