Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ron Paul being excluded from Fox News Debate in New Hampshire days before NH caucus

footballhenry

Some democracy :doh:

Fox News will not allow Ron Paul to express his views while allowing the rest of the candidates. If you havent read about this yet, Ive posted a link below.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=59469

Whether your a RP supporter or not doesn't matter, were talking about a certain degree of fairness and equality that is being trampled on. Were in the middle of a bigtime election and right as the elections start Ron Paul is excluded from a presidential forum?? Its absolutely insane, this world seems so backwards sometimes.

My opinion of Fox News has been sinking at a fast rate for a while now, they lack integrity and it shows. :(

What say you about Ron Paul being excluded from a key New Hampshire debate right before the NH caucus?

I heard this on myspace already like 3 days ago....

People are petitioning it big time but it won['t be any use.....

Ron's "conspiracy theories" are common sense.......

He is calling out the fascist movement of our govt and HIGHER than govt people and they don't like it.....

Ron WILL be assassinated if he is elected........

(This is a globalist community and whoever isn't thinking this way is a terrorist:laugh: )

the republicans are scared that ron will steal their votes.
Their is no doubt that the GOP is a little scared of RP.

Its basic tactics: marginalize the guy you don't want elected. No exposure, no votes. Course the internet has changed that nowadays.

If all the support I've seen on the internet is real, he shouldn't even need to be in that debate, and Fox News will look stupid. :2cents:

It is way too early to start chucking candidates IMO. Looks like the GOP mind control machine is in full effect programming its base on who to vote for.

shox_news_small.jpg

I do not want a network dictating who is or is not worthy to be heard/seen prior to one vote being counted. I am not voting for Ron Paul but Fox deciding not to include him is comical.:2cents:

To me it all really depends on who is paying for this Debate. If FoxNews (a private entity) is paying for the Debate they can invite and ignore whomever they choose. Now if it's being paid for by the New Hampshire Republican Party or some other PUBLIC organization, all the candidates should be invited.

Always remember the Golden Rule when you look at things like this.... "Those with the Gold make the Rules."

I think it is foolish for Fox News to exclude him because Paul loses votes every time he opens his mouth, whether that's in a debate or an interview. His supporters will vote for him no matter how many stupid things he continues to say, but the voters that are on the fence are getting turned off by his lunacy.

By the way, there is an "All things Ron Paul Related' thread that has already discussed this subject.

3-7% of likely REPUBLICAN primary voters support Ron Paul. That is what marginalizes him. Nothing else. The FOX mind control bit, and conspiracy theories just make those posting such things look foolish.

The guy is irrelevant because he has VERY little support. It truly is that simple.

That being said, I wouldn't include Fred Thompson in debates either, as he too is polling at less than double digits in many of the polls I've seen.

3-7% of likely REPUBLICAN primary voters support Ron Paul. That is what marginalizes him. Nothing else. The FOX mind control bit, and conspiracy theories just make those posting such things look foolish.

The guy is irrelevant because he has VERY little support. It truly is that simple.

That being said, I wouldn't include Fred Thompson in debates either, as he too is polling at less than double digits in many of the polls I've seen.

If you were designing a science experiment and testing the effect of polling % and candidate appearing on the debate, then the appearance of Fred Thompson ought to tell you that single digit %'s are not the reason particular candidates aren't allowed. After all Fred Thompson is allowed under similar %'s as RP who isn't allowed.

What is the difference between the two?

RP would undoubtedly add rating to their little debate, that is why I think they have ulterior motives. Let's face it Fox News doesn't want to negatively effect the GOP. Because let's face it, when RP runs as an indie he is going to scuttle the very slim chances a GOPer walks into the White House.

If you were designing a science experiment and testing the effect of polling % and candidate appearing on the debate, then the appearance of Fred Thompson ought to tell you that single digit %'s are not the reason particular candidates aren't allowed. After all Fred Thompson is allowed under similar %'s as RP who isn't allowed.

What is the difference between the two?

RP would undoubtedly add rating to their little debate, that is why I think they have ulterior motives. Let's face it Fox News doesn't want to negatively effect the GOP. Because let's face it, when RP runs as an indie he is going to scuttle the very slim chances a GOPer walks into the White House.

Like I said, I DO believe Thompson should be excluded too. No doubt about it. And I DO understand that many on the left believe that Republicans are mindless drones who receive radio signals from FOX that cause us to do and think everything we do and think. But the conspiracy theories are just getting REALLY old.

Look, I'm not sure why Ron Paul's message isn't resonating nationwide. He's got a lot of good ideas. I'd venture to say it has something to do with charisma, which may not be fair, but it's a fact of life in our society.

I hear Ron Paul's name 400 times a day on C-SPAN. I get inundated by his supporters everyday online. The mainstream media has made a big to-do about his ability to raise money. But he's just not polling well, and I don't think he's relevant to this campaign.

He's our Dennis Kucinich. Sure, he's got some good ideas, but the best he can hope for is that an electable candidate will pick up some of them.

And I truly wish the FOX haters out there (though I almost NEVER watch FOX myself) could bring the kind of evidence, and therby the kind of disdain, that I can with CBS and others.

As is Rudy. He's now polling around 3-7% on average in Iowa which is below Thompson and Paul.

As is Rudy. He's now polling around 3-7% on average in Iowa which is below Thompson and Paul.

Sorry if I didn't make it clear, I was talking about national numbers.

(Unless the FOX debate is only going to be shown in Iowa, after the fact, which would be...well...pointless.) ;)

All I am saying is let some votes be counted before you start chucking candidates and I would apply those same standards to any network.

The fact that a major media outlet is saying he can't win influences decisions. New organizations should not be doing that.

Let the voters decided who is irrelevant with their votes...

All I am saying is let some votes be counted before you start chucking candidates and I would apply those same standards to any network.

The fact that a major media outlet is saying he can't win influences decisions. New organizations should not be doing that.

Let the voters decided who is irrelevant with their votes...

To some extent, I'd agree with you, cav. (Cue the giant meteor coming to kill us all.) ;) :laugh:

But for the record, it isn't FOX saying he can't win. I am. And as I've stated, I'd kick Thompson out too. I don't see anything wrong with keeping debates to candidates polling in the double-digits. But what do I know. I can respect the difference of opinion here.

I guess it would be different too if the national polls had been drastically wrong in the last 50 years or so. (And I'm not talking about exit polls that were skewed by the major networks to make liberal viewers think Kerry was winning, and thereby get out their vote. I'm talking about Zogby, Rasmussen, even CNN/USAToday...respectable pollsters.)

Sorry if I didn't make it clear, I was talking about national numbers.

(Unless the FOX debate is only going to be shown in Iowa, after the fact, which would be...well...pointless.) ;)

Its actually a debate in NH. There is also one scheduled for Florida and some other states as well I believe. They are for the Primaries.

And I'm hearing on the news that it is partly sponsored by the NH GOP. I'll try to find links to substantiate it.

To some extent, I'd agree with you, cav. (Cue the giant meteor coming to kill us all.) ;) :laugh:

But for the record, it isn't FOX saying he can't win. I am. And as I've stated, I'd kick Thompson out too. I don't see anything wrong with keeping debates to candidates polling in the double-digits. But what do I know. I can respect the difference of opinion here.

I guess it would be different too if the national polls had been drastically wrong in the last 50 years or so. (And I'm not talking about exit polls that were skewed by the major networks to make liberal viewers think Kerry was winning, and thereby get out their vote. I'm talking about Zogby, Rasmussen, even CNN/USAToday...respectable pollsters.)

Ahhhhh!!! I see that meteor!!!

This is certainly new territory for us....common ground

I know the polls are pretty accurate etc, but I think the people need to make these decision with the only thing that matters (votes).

I find myself rooting for Paul to make a very strong showing now that he has been counted out by Fox.

Archived