Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Can't say Al Haymon has been a disaster. He can't make guys fight. His job is to bring the best money to the table for his fighters. The fault lies with the boxers. Julian "J-Rock" Williams said in an interview several months back that "the fighters choose who they will fight. If a fight is brought to the boxer, the boxer and his team decides if they want the fight. If they do, the fight will get made. If they don't, then the fighter or his team didn't want it for whatever reason, i.e., too difficult, not enough money, high risk, low reward, not a big enough name, etc."  These guys are now on network tv and premium tv and are getting PAID. That's the only thing that sucks is that the fights we want to see are rarely getting made at the present time. Guys are asking for a lot of money, which I have no problem with, especially when they used to get robbed by promoters in the past. Some still get robbed. But so many also make excuses and expect us to be dumb about the situation, while they are trying to protect that "0" in the loss column. Just say you don't want to fight this or that guy. We probably won't like it, but it's their career. 

If and when the Garcia vs Thuman fight gets made, I'll take One-Time by KO. I'll take Spence by KO over both of them, if and when that fight gets made.

Some of these guys aren't even fighting at all. When was the last time Garcia had a fight? Has Thurman or Porter even fought since their fight?

Are these guys asking for too much? From what I've read, there's no PBC fights currently scheduled on network TV. I've also read that the networks have lost a lot of money. The last few PBC cards have had a noticibly smaller budget look to them.

It will be interesting to see where the PBC go from here.

• Like 1

Also, hearing that PBC spent a lot and lost a lot of money. PBC will have to cut back on the salaries of these fighters, if they want to stay afloat. I like Danny, but i'm not sure if he actually wants any tough fights. Lamont Peterson and Lucas Matthysee were his last tough fights. He's been smelling himself a little too much because he been Robert Guerrero for Floyd's old belt. He needs a challenge. We'll see if he mans up and takes on a real challenge after this Vargas fight. 

Neither Thurman nor Porter have anything lined up. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, ksun247 said:

My goodness! Don't ever remember a heavyweight boxer literally scared in the ring. Malik Scott is scared of anything from Luis Ortiz. It's only round 2 and Scott already completed a 5K. OMG!

Sup, buddy. What channel? I could use some boxing to further take my mind off things

Reminder: Andre Ward vs Sergey Kovalev tonight on HBO PPV. Should be a good one. Lots of folks talking about Kovalev's power and predicting he will KO Ward. I think Ward has the boxing skills to neutralize that power. Ward will make it an ugly dog fight and win a unanimous decision. Can't wait!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DM72 said:

Don't sleep on Kovalev's boxing ability. Not saying he's Ward, but  he's no slouch. 

No doubt. Range will be key in this fight. Ward gets inside and he can win this more comfortably than expected I reckon. If Kovalev has the strength to keep him off and keep the fight at mid range it gives him the advantage. Kovalev is a really good boxer though. It isn't your typical boxer v power fighter at all. 

This is the best fight in a long long time. Can't wait for it.