Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Better activity for Maidana that round, he's in danger of losing a point for low blows though. Better be careful.

76-76

Mayweather with a strong round 9, that right hand could not miss

86-85 Mayweather

96-94 Mayweather, 10 was close but I like Floyd for the cleaner punches

Maidana's activity dropped in the 11th round, Mayweather landed the better, cleaner shots

106-103 Mayweather

scores could be all over the place, not much would surprise me

• Like 1

I don't see how Mayweather is boring.  He might not have a "brawler style" but when you look at the kind of punches he can land from every angle, even when going backwards or side to side, it is something to really marvel at.  The reason he is so effective is he can tag folks when they think they are being the aggressor. 

He won.

With that said, he does kind of look like he is beginning to hit the wall. He didn't look as fast or elusive as normal.  Not sure if he was trying to do another "prove I can FIGHT fight" things again though!?

Fight_Ghost

‏@Fight_Ghost

Mayweather threw 430 less punches, but landed 9 more than Maidana

and that makes a fight incredibly difficult to score.

Floyd better buy his cutman a new car. He was freaking out when it opened, but once they worked on it, it never reopened.

• Like 1

What a great fight, solid card.  Well worth the money.  I could get behind a Mayweather-Maidana II, Khan-Broner card.  I know September might be in flux for Khan because of Ramadan but what a night.  Very similar to the Mayweather-DLH fight

Canelo's looking at tonight's fight and is asking himself a bunch of questions. Shows the importance of strategy in boxing. Canelo is much better fighter than Maidana and is capable of fighting in a similar way, but he had the wrong plan.

Even in a losing effort, Robert Garcia looks really good tonight.

What a great fight, solid card.  Well worth the money.  I could get behind a Mayweather-Maidana II, Khan-Broner card.  I know September might be in flux for Khan because of Ramadan but what a night.  Very similar to the Mayweather-DLH fight

The Floyd I saw tonight can be hit. I think Paq would hit him with a lot more cleaner punches than Maidana hit him with.

The Floyd I saw tonight can be hit. I think Paq would hit him with a lot more cleaner punches than Maidana hit him with.

Styles make fights bro. U know damn well that's not Manny's style. He can't even duplicate that style even if he wanted to.because Floyd's the bigger man. Manny would be target practice for Mayweather.

Edited by T-REX1240

Styles make fights, but Paq is a hard hitting southpaw that hits at a lot of angles. He would give Mayweather fights. Plus, he's a better boxer than Maidana who wasn't exactly target practice.